Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1144
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    supporting heroes:
    Code Blue NYC, Lt. Marcus Stone and his team.
    But, but, but ... I need everyone to forget the Code: Blue team name so that Blue Marvel can use it for his future hybrid Avengers/Defenders/X-Men team.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Glory still shows up fairly regularly in ASM.
    Oh, yeah. Last I recall, it was near the end of Spider-Man Beyond, with Mary Jane Watson and Janine Godbe/Elizabeth Tyne trying to go to The Daily Bugle to blow the whistle on the Beyond Corporation's evil machinations, only to be thwarted by Beyond's latest creation --- the Queen Goblin. Real shame, that.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    This! Galactus has both a mother (Taaia) and daughter (Galacta) in the lore. It's time Taaia met her granddaughter. Let the cosmic tearjerker begin!
    There won't be a dry eye left in the House of Ideas by the time it's over!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    But, but, but ... I need everyone to forget the Code: Blue team name so that Blue Marvel can use it for his future hybrid Avengers/Defenders/X-Men team.
    I'd love to see that, too. That would be a great way to bring back Code: Blue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It hasn't been too long since Immortal Hulk and then Gamma Flight ended but Jackie Mcgee hasn't been around lately unless I missed something.

Mentioned this in the main Hulk thread, the Professor Hulk/merged persona has also been dormant for quite a while, and wasn't part of the "Hulk system" of that series (Which was Devil, Savage, Bruce and Joe). Probably because there was already two intelligent personas with Devil and then the "Red" Joe.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Where's Amadeus Cho these days?
    I thought we would get some MCU love for him when we met (presumably) his mother in AGE OF ULTRON, or that he could fill the (seeming) vacancy for a Hulk on the YOUNG AVENGERS project, that may have been filled by Skaar...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Originally the MCU version of him was the Martin Starr character in TIH, although this was more from Peter David's novel than the actual film.

When Starr appeared in the Spider-Man Home trilogy as Mr. Harrington, Feige stated that the IH character was a younger Harrington.

Makes sense to retcon that since Claudia Kim (Helen) is actually two years younger than Starr!

As for comics Cho, after having his powers scaled back he showed up a bit in Immortal Hulk to talk to Bruce briefly at the start of the Roxxon arc and was hanging around with the Champions. There was the Planet Hulk: Worldbreaker mini featuring him a while back, although I'm pretty sure that was some alternate timeline/future.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-12-2024 at 05:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Where's Amadeus Cho these days?
    I thought we would get some MCU love for him when we met (presumably) his mother in AGE OF ULTRON, or that he could fill the (seeming) vacancy for a Hulk on the YOUNG AVENGERS project, that may have been filled by Skaar...
    I prefered him when he was just a smart-mouthed know-it-all kid. IMHO, it was a mistake to make him super-strong as well as super-smart. His partnership with Hercules is still, IMHO, the high point for the character.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I prefered him when he was just a smart-mouthed know-it-all kid. IMHO, it was a mistake to make him super-strong as well as super-smart. His partnership with Hercules is still, IMHO, the high point for the character.

Peace
    He was more interesting as the new prince of power than the new Hulk to me too.

But pak did a good job giving him his own tone and path with Agent of Atlas. Im hoping Pak could continue with Amadeus.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-12-2024 at 06:23 AM.

Cho as a "Hulk" would be far more interesting if it wasn't so similar to the Bruce Banner Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cho as a "Hulk" would be far more interesting if it wasn't so similar to the Bruce Banner Hulk.
    Hence why his run ended with him slimming/powering down somewhat and rechristening himself Brawn, as in "brains and brawn," though from what I recall, his Hulk form became more of a "berserker mode."

KASPER COLE
    ...I wonder how many readers would still get his nickname>?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Wither from Academy X. I have a soft spot for cursed heroes and watching him explore a second chance at life would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    KASPER COLE
    ...I wonder how many readers would still get his nickname>?
    Oh, yeah . . .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Wither from Academy X. I have a soft spot for cursed heroes and watching him explore a second chance at life would be interesting.
    The last five years were a wasted opportunity, at least when it came to Academy X. Would have at least liked some Marvel Unlimited stories centered on them.

That was his start but he became more like She-hulk by the end of his early run.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The last five years were a wasted opportunity, at least when it came to Academy X. Would have at least liked some Marvel Unlimited stories centered on them.
    X-men are easier to do legacy characters with than the other heroes. It would've been ideal to push them along with the champions.

I guess NYX is a case of "better late than never".
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-14-2024 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah Marvel's X-schools seem to always get blown up. I HATE that, it wastes so many potential stories, and feeds into the modern Marvel idea that every story needs to have some major tragedy and it's making stories too chaotic.

Yeah Marvel's X-schools seem to always get blown up. I HATE that, it wastes so many potential stories, and feeds into the modern Marvel idea that every story needs to have some major tragedy and it's making stories too chaotic.
    I honestly think they went too far with the young students. First of all, we have mutants with really stupid powers, for all the good ones are already taken. Second of all, mutants really don't seem so rare and especial with all these different classes. IMHO, of course. I'm of the opinion that, quite often, less is more.

Peace