Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1144

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    American Eagle would especially be cool to see come back, after the beating he gave Bullseye in the post-Civil War/Initiative-era Thunderbolts. I'd also like to see Steel Spider come back, as he was a casualty of those same Thunderbolts and hasn't been seen since. Would be very cool if he came back with a cyber-limb replacement for the arm Gargan-Venom chewed off.
    And I was thinking Sepulchre should come back. The three of them worked well together!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As already mentioned, her similarities to Snowbird are a mild turn-off, but I could see her powers being taken in a new and interesting direction if she could share them. Grant someone else temporarily some animal-abilities, with the appropriate transformation. A mother and child are trapped atop a burning building? She tells them to stay with her and trust their new instincts, as she transforms their arms into wings and she leads them safely to the ground, with their new temporary ability to fly. She becomes not just 'Latin American Snowbird,' but someone with a more unique niche, able to 'buff' allies (or civilians) with various animal abilities (like winged flight, or aquatic abilities, or bat/cat senses) as needed. Tech characters sometimes do something similar, handing out jet-packs or night vision goggles or scuba gear, but she can do all of that, without access to gear. Need to get the miners up that shaft to safety? Bam, they all can climb like spiders, with appropriately freaky terrifying spider-legs-erupt-from-their-backs transformation!

She's got a similar niche not only to Snowbird (only using Central American critters generally, instead of ones native to Canada), but also Reptil, who takes on both the physical characteristics and traits of dinosaurs. It could be interesting to see Silverclaw hang out with one or more Latin heroes. Living Lightning, White Tiger, Hummingbird, Firebird, Sunspot, Shark Girl, Reptil, Spider-Girl, El Toro, etc. There's a ton of them! They could field their own Latin American Champions branch!

Sun Girl was easily my favorite of those 'new' New Warriors! (Although I did like Haechi and Water Snake as well. Hummingbird, as a character, sure, but flight and empathy/telepathy (and fire blasts???) did not feel at all like appropriate powers for someone empowered by Huitzilopochtli!) I liked her ties to Lightmaster, an underappreciated Spider-Man foe, and that her gear isn't really all that similar to her dad's abilities, suggesting that she's striking out on her own and not just being 'Lightmistress, Jr.'

American Eagle earned my undying devotion when he graphically reminded Bullseye that he was only scary to people with no actual super-powers. Wow. A brutal beatdown! And rarely so richly deserved!

And those Initiative folk, yes. So many sort of glossed over that really intrigued me, like Melee, Gauntlet, Armory, Butterball, Gorilla Girl, Red Nine and Telemetry, to spend so much time and focus on characters I was not quite so interested in, like Cloud Nine and Trauma. (Of those who did pull focus, I was a fan of Komodo, Michael van Patrick and Hardball!)
    I liked the Academy and Initiative additions and wished they were better used over the years.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-28-2024 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    And I was thinking Sepulchre should come back. The three of them worked well together!
    Yeah they def threw hands well together.

Oh I would definitely love to see more Red Wolf. Throw him and together on another Avengers team.

And I thought Warrior Woman (Hippolyta) was a cool character with a great look. I'd like to see her return.

Also Tarantula from the Heroes for Hire series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the Academy and Initiative additions and wished they were better used over the years.
    Loved Finesse, Reptil and Striker, from the Avengers Academy (although Reptil was introduced in the Initiative). Wanted to see more of Mettle, as well.

As already mentioned, her similarities to Snowbird are a mild turn-off, but I could see her powers being taken in a new and interesting direction if she could share them. Grant someone else temporarily some animal-abilities, with the appropriate transformation. A mother and child are trapped atop a burning building? She tells them to stay with her and trust their new instincts, as she transforms their arms into wings and she leads them safely to the ground, with their new temporary ability to fly. She becomes not just 'Latin American Snowbird,' but someone with a more unique niche, able to 'buff' allies (or civilians) with various animal abilities (like winged flight, or aquatic abilities, or bat/cat senses) as needed. Tech characters sometimes do something similar, handing out jet-packs or night vision goggles or scuba gear, but she can do all of that, without access to gear. Need to get the miners up that shaft to safety? Bam, they all can climb like spiders, with appropriately freaky terrifying spider-legs-erupt-from-their-backs transformation!
    not a bad idea... but it would also be equally easy to hand-wave her geographically-based limitations, by chalking it up to the fact that she was previously (subconsciously) limiting herself to wildlife she was familiar with from her upbringing... she was still a teen when she was introduced... so there's always room to grow/unlock/learn more about her abilities.

also, if memory serves, Snowbird is considered a low-level deity, which puts her more on par with Lupe's mother, as far as being regionally-based

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    And I thought Warrior Woman (Hippolyta) was a cool character with a great look. I'd like to see her return.
    She made a few appearances last year in the SCARLET WITCH series.

Loved Finesse, Reptil and Striker, from the Avengers Academy (although Reptil was introduced in the Initiative). Wanted to see more of Mettle, as well.
    They should reopen Avengers Academy. It's one way to deal with the teen hero registration act.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    We didn't even get to properly meet most of them. The initiative had a HUGE roster!!! Many of them were minor characters getting reused, but a lot were totally new. And almost all of them got dumped when that era was over.

Oh I would definitely love to see more Red Wolf. Throw him and together on another Avengers team.

Yeah, I loved Hippolyta's Golden "WW" costume.

I would be interested in Hippolyta meeting the Original Warrior Woman Julia (who wore a similar gray costume at one point).
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    We didn't even get to properly meet most of them. The initiative had a HUGE roster!!! Many of them were minor characters getting reused, but a lot were totally new. And almost all of them got dumped when that era was over.
    2024 could be the chance to meet them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-29-2024 at 07:18 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Would be cool, too.

Yeah they def threw hands well together.
    Indeed, they did.

The Civil War-era Heroes for Hire?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    She made a few appearances last year in the SCARLET WITCH series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, I loved Hippolyta's Golden "WW" costume.

I would be interested in Hippolyta meeting the Original Warrior Woman Julia (who wore a similar gray costume at one point).
    She goes by the name SCYTHIA for some reason as of her appearances in SCARLET WITCH.

She got some Anti-Magic Armor during the adventure...

I didn't like her visuaL INN SW as much as my previous exposure to Hippolyte in FEARLESS DEFENDERS
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

And I was thinking Sepulchre should come back.
    I'd love to see Sepulchre/Shadowoman back again as well. Ive come up with the head cannon that the reason that she wore a recolored version of the Jessica Drew Spider-Woman costume is because she has a connection to Hydra since we saw that there were multiple characters who wore versions of that suit in the SPIDER-WOMAN ORIGINS miniseries.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Not really obscure but I'm hoping some of the new characters like Third Eye and Dr. Barrigan from LaValle's Sabretooth miniseries stick around.