Page 15 of 77 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I love how they're trying to connect the modern-day version with the original GotG, since this just reminds me of...

StarHawk

Now you are talking, K7P5V!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

I know, right?! I love how they're trying to connect the modern-day version with the original GotG, since this just reminds me of...

StarHawk

I wish that Aleta had been given a costume as cool as this, instead of a generic swimsuit.

And, on that vein, I'd like to see more of Nikki, of the OG Guardians of the Galaxy. Her ability to withstand or even absorb energy made her highly resistant to blaster-fire, in a universe run by dudes with blasters, and her superhuman agility and accuracy meant she was a deadly shot in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wish that Aleta had been given a costume as cool as this, instead of a generic swimsuit.

And, on that vein, I'd like to see more of Nikki, of the OG Guardians of the Galaxy. Her ability to withstand or even absorb energy made her highly resistant to blaster-fire, in a universe run by dudes with blasters, and her superhuman agility and accuracy meant she was a deadly shot in return.
    Hopefully, that on-again/off-again thing Nikki had with Charlie-27 is settled.

But I agree, more of Nikki is a good thing (IMHO):

I really want to see the OG GotG back. That 90's series was great.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by milton75 View Post
    What was the name of the cosmic character, I think last seen during that whole church of universal truth / cancerverse period, who had razor-sharp skin or similar?
    I can't think who this is? Razor sharp skin? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I really want to see the OG GotG back. That 90's series was great.

Peace
    In agreement with you about that '90s series, especially the creation of...

Krugarr

Salem's Seven.
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-01-2022 at 04:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Salem's Seven.
    Ooh, yes. There's some funkiness in that group. Gazelle was the one who most reliably turned to good, and opposed her half-siblings. Vertigo was clearly the regular leader, and presumably the most accomplished actual witch among them, although it's unclear exactly how good they were as witches, since they fell back on the super-powers they got from the demons their father had bound them to as children. And then there's the actual goal of that.

Why did Nicholas Scratch bind seven of his children to demons? My fanwank was that he intended them to grow up fused to these seven demons, binding his blood (though his familial connection to the kids) to the power of the demons, so that, eventually, he could absorb the power of all seven demons into himself (quite possibly killing his seven kids in the process, but you know what they say about omelettes and eggs), and become a mystical powerhouse entity on par with the likes of Dormammu (and, FINALLY, recognized as magically superior to mommy Agatha!). Yes, it was all about mommy issues.

But as for the Seven themselves, I've always wondered what sort of people they were, under the demons. It would amuse me if Brutacus was a slender mawkish young man, not at all the boisterous bruiser he becomes 'when the demon is upon him.' Vakume never speaks, and I wonder if, in his human guise, he's 'on the spectrum' and not a talker, or, totally contrarily, talks like a house afire and only the demon is nonverbal? Finding out that Reptilia, for instance, is very much not a fan of snakes, in her human form, and her snarky siblings occasionally leave a plastic snake toy around to startle her, could be amusing. Do the demon-selves have significantly different personalities than the witches in their human forms? Are their personalities being tainted or influenced in some way by the bound demons? Do the demons themselves have opinions on this whole unasked-for merger (or were they willing answerers of Nicholas Scratch's call?).

The last I recall seeing them, in the last New Warriors run, they seemed to be more or less good-guys, serving as protectors for New Salem, and had a minor kerfluffle with the New Warriors, but it was quickly resolved and some of them seemed like friends by the next page. The notion of Salem's Seven as a minor league superhero team, doing their own sort of X-Men thing, defending their own magical side of the universe, the way the X-Men specialize in mutant affairs, the Inhumans, Inhuman affairs, etc. could be interesting, more so, IMO, than a bunch of newer mystical characters kind of made up on the spot, since they've got a fair bit of history, particularly with the Fantastic Four, but through grammy Agatha, with the Scarlet Witch as well.

Definitely, my next choice would be...

The Spellbinders

In agreement with you about that '90s series, especially the creation of...

Krugarr

LOVE Krugarr! I have always wanted to see more of him in the current 616 era. There was a Lem (his race) naked Krugarr that appeared very briefly in an issue of Quasar. I would love it if they were the same character, but he just hadn't started his journey as a sorcerer yet.

Incredible Member

If anyone remembers the series that JMS did calledThe Twelve I’d like to see those characters back or a project similar again. Also Alpha Flight always room for more Alpha Flight

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    If anyone remembers the series that JMS did calledThe Twelve I’d like to see those characters back or a project similar again. Also Alpha Flight always room for more Alpha Flight
    Alpha Flight also had a TON of adjacent characters like Madison Jeffries, Manikin, Pathway, Diamond Lil, Flashback and Smart Alec that I'd like to see, as much as most of the more classic Alpha Flight members (even if Snowbird, Sasquatch, Marrina and Northstar were my absolute faves).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's a real shame The Union didn't last longer.
    Completely agree on this one. That team needs to be used more in the near future. That mini was very well done and I love Union Jack.

Extraordinary Member

I want Dennis Dunphy to get an update from a writer who actually gives a damn about him.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I know the comics are separate from the MCU but if you look at the latest She-Hulk: Attorney at Law video, you'll see quite a few of them, and the show promises more cameos.

At 0:07 you'll see
    spoilers:
    Porcupine, Man-Bull, and partly obscured by Jen, Jack of Hearts.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES