Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Spyke from X-men Evolution.

I had a pitch to make him the Fred Hampton Jr. Of Krakoa

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

That could be an interesting angle to work with him, especially since in his last spotlight episode in X-Men: Evolution, he had no problem taking the fight directly to anti-mutant bigots.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

I know it has been said before...but I want to just say it again. Roger Gocking. He is proof what a writer who cares can do with a minor character.

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

Dreamer and Stat, from the Crazy Eight. Empowered by ionic energy absorbed from an out-of-control Wonder Man, Dreamer was a twelve year old girl and Stat a young teen boy who were the kids of some other people empowered in the same event, but the six adults involved willingly surrendered the energy back to Simon, while the youngsters held some back, unknown to the others. It's been awhile, so they'd be older, but Marvel time, so not *much* older, and their powers are pretty interesting. They'd make cool potential 'teen detectives,' with Dreamer able to form an ionic 'astral form' that's able to be semi-solid, and Stat able to form multiple duplicate bodies out of ionic energy, like an ionic Madrox.

While they and their moms are inconsistently drawn as white or brown, redheads or blondes or brunettes in their Marvel Handbook entry, their names (Jamie Flores and Esteban Beach) suggest that they are either fully or part Latino/a, so they could even possibly tick off a 'more diverse heroes' box. Estaban also seems to be ADHD AF, since he goes by the names Esteban, Stevie, Spider and Stat, which is... a lot, for a character who appears in like, three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

This reminds me, I'd also like to see the version of Mjarni from the 90s X-Men series brought into the comics. Or at least used in other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm not sure the level of obscurity the character needs to qualify, but I really miss Ka-Zar. I mean, he was inexplicably made a Herald of Galactus out of nowhere and then promptly forgotten again.
    I know, right?! Ka-Zar even survived his battle against "Thanos" (I mean, I know it was just a clone. But quite impressive, nonetheless):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Ka-Zar even survived his battle against "Thanos" (I mean, I know it was just a clone. But quite impressive, nonetheless):

I did like that series, but, IMHO, Waid went too far when he put Ka-Zar against Thanos. Thanos could have LITERALLY destroyed Ka-Zar with one look.

Peace

That issue is the last story in the thanos marvel-verse trade! Ends with shanna getting universe looking cosmic eyes if I remember. Next issue not there so trade ends on a cliffhanger!

Shanna and Ka-Zar have weird stories... like one of the Shanna stories has her fight Nekra Sinclair... someone who has rather impressive physical strength. But if you drug her so she falls asleep... yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Shanna and Ka-Zar have weird stories... like one of the Shanna stories has her fight Nekra Sinclair... someone who has rather impressive physical strength. But if you drug her so she falls asleep... yeah....
    There was an old story where Shanna fought Nekra, but I thought Nekra won? Later on, Black Widow fought Nekra and was likewise beaten. After both were taken hostage, I remember Black Widow and Shanna teaming up to defeat Nekra. It used the superhero tripe that the heroes lose first battle, but then win in part 2. Actually, unless Nekra lost her hatred for both women or it was too long a time period (greater than 1 hour?), Nekra should have again beaten both easily.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This reminds me, I'd also like to see the version of Mjarni from the 90s X-Men series brought into the comics. Or at least used in other media.
    Storm's speedster godchild who got possessed by the Shadow King? He would be a spectacular addition.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Bobcat. He was a minor Hawkeye villain from the Solo Avengers / Avengers Spotlight run.

All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Bobcat. He was a minor Hawkeye villain from the Solo Avengers / Avengers Spotlight run.

I thought I was the only person who even remembered Bobcat's existence, let alone had any interest in seeing him again! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    There was an old story where Shanna fought Nekra, but I thought Nekra won? Later on, Black Widow fought Nekra and was likewise beaten. After both were taken hostage, I remember Black Widow and Shanna teaming up to defeat Nekra. It used the superhero tripe that the heroes lose first battle, but then win in part 2. Actually, unless Nekra lost her hatred for both women or it was too long a time period (greater than 1 hour?), Nekra should have again beaten both easily.
    All I remember is they drugged Nekra to weaken her.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Speaking of Clint's rogues gallery from Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight, a personal fave would be...

Blind Justice