Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1144

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Maybe send them to the Initiative?
    Relaunching the initiative could be interesting. Despite the character derailment in Civil War, it's a good idea. It also fits the registration stories they are pushing in recent years.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-28-2024 at 07:21 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    that's a great point, the timing is quite ripe. maybe we'll luck out and the writers will see your suggestion here lol
    Heh, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    A certain obscure character is back... not in the comics, unfortunately, but in the new Marvel game, Marvel Rivals.
    (It's crazy how many obscure characters game are actually using while comics are all about introducing new Spider-Man and Venom variants. Characters like Debrii, Snowguard or the Infinaut got more different artists working on them in Marvel Snap than in the comics)

Galacta!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Looks like she is the games host and is the announcer. It's her you hear talking to the heroes throughout the trailer. She sounds like a teen anime girl pretty much in the game.

Astonishing Member

Mad Cap

I would like to see a mini series about his origin.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Mad Cap

I would like to see a mini series about his origin.
    MadCap: Deadpool before Deadpool was Deadpool!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 03-29-2024 at 10:24 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

And then.... Deadpool... goes nuts.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread before, but just read Greg Rucka's Wolverine run and what about The Native?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Native_(Earth-616)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Southpaw from the Dan Slott She-Hulk run. Like seriously what ever happened to her and her grandfather? Did they ever appear again afterwards? What did she do with the Mad Thinker? I want a follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Southpaw from the Dan Slott She-Hulk run. Like seriously what ever happened to her and her grandfather? Did they ever appear again afterwards? What did she do with the Mad Thinker? I want a follow up.
    She is likely maimed, maybe dead.

Remember how the Reckoning War was teased in She Hulk and then in Avengers The Initiative? Gauntlet was supposed to rise as a hero and to inspire Southpaw during that event. I waited a long time for it to happen and for those two characters to have a big role in it. But at some point, I lost hope. Slott was too busy writing Spider-Man and didn't seem to care anymore.
    Except he did. It was teased after Empyre, and then finally announced. After all those years, there was going to be a reckoning! I was so hyped!

Except it happened as a FF story. Gauntelt and Southpaw just appeared in one page, in which their weapons were ripped off, likely alongside their arms. We don't even know if they are dead or alive, because Slott didn't even bother to tell (like when he seemingly killed Whiz Kid and Spinner in ATI but wasted a whole issue on Hank being all "boohoo Janet is dead" instead of telling us about the fate of characters who were actually in the series).

That Recknoning War and the handling of Gauntlet and Southpaw was one of my biggest comics disappointments. I wish Dan Slott loved his OC at least half as much as he loves Stan Lee's dusty characters.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 04-04-2024 at 10:06 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Remember how the Reckoning War was teased in She Hulk and then in Avengers The Initiative? Gauntlet was supposed to rise as a hero and to inspire Southpaw during that event. I waited a long time for it to happen and for those two characters to have a big role in it. But at some point, I lost hope. Slott was too busy writing Spider-Man and didn't seem to care anymore.
    Except he did. It was teased after Empyre, and then finally announced. After all those years, there was going to be a reckoning! I was so hyped!

Except it happened as a FF story. Gauntelt and Southpaw just appeared in one page, in which their weapons were ripped off, likely alongside their arms. We don't even know if they are dead or alive, because Slott didn't even bother to tell (like when he seemingly killed Whiz Kid and Spinner in ATI but wasted a whole issue on Hank being all "boohoo Janet is dead" instead of telling us about the fate of characters who were actually in the series).

That Recknoning War and the handling of Gauntlet and Southpaw was one of my biggest comics disappointments. I wish Dan Slott loved his OC at least half as much as he loves Stan Lee's dusty characters.
    Sounds like the inverse of what a lot of the fandom complains about with the newer generation(s) of writers since the 2000s or so, that they're prioritizing or favoring the characters that they've created at the expense of the more established characters from the 1960s onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds like the inverse of what a lot of the fandom complains about with the newer generation(s) of writers since the 2000s or so, that they're prioritizing or favoring the characters that they've created at the expense of the more established characters from the 1960s onward.
    Its pretty ironic actually.

Ouch! Poor Southpaw. I actually liked the brat, especially seeing who she was going to grow up to become. A shame she was thrown away and forgotten. But that's par the course with a big universe like Marvel. I guess her rotting corpse can join Jolt's. I will never not stop mentioning the mistreatment and disrespect of Jolt until she returns.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Its pretty ironic actually.
    Oh, yeah . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Ouch! Poor Southpaw. I actually liked the brat, especially seeing who she was going to grow up to become. A shame she was thrown away and forgotten. But that's par the course with a big universe like Marvel. I guess her rotting corpse can join Jolt's. I will never not stop mentioning the mistreatment and disrespect of Jolt until she returns.
    Alas, yeah. Poor Jolt . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like she is the games host and is the announcer. It's her you hear talking to the heroes throughout the trailer. She sounds like a teen anime girl pretty much in the game.
    It seems the game is a mix of popular games, the voice acting style reminded me of League of Legends.

Slott is like that, his own OCs are forgotten and sidelined in his own run (Pretty sure Anna Maria got the most relevance), but oh boy he'll make sure to include Otto there lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

That's mostly Bendis, isn't it? And the worst part is that he was right to do so, since his creations are among the most successful recent characters.

Jason Aaron also keeps spamming his favorites, but it's not characters he created: Wolverine, Kid Omega, Jane Foster.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way