Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default If DC titled one of their events "Midlife Crisis," what'd you like to see in it?

I suppose instead of an actual crisis event I would like to see a slow character focused story like 52 where characters who now have decades of continuity and history now recognize they are getting older and do some preparations for the younger heroes who will one day be the big names who save the world in a crisis event. Learn what Batman’s preparations are when he’s older (not the Snyder clone thing), who do they think are most prepared, how do younger characters feel about being looked at as the next Wonder Woman or Superman, what about villains do they have an end goal? Stuff like that I suppose.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

hopefully none of my favorite characters
    The J-man

Sometime in the future the original members of the JL come out of retirement to fight a time travelling villain whos trying to kill the JL in the past.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

With a title like that, it needs to be by an assortment of once-great 80's/90's creators who are past their prime.

Fortunately we still have plenty of them around.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I suppose instead of an actual crisis event I would like to see a slow character focused story like 52 where characters who now have decades of continuity and history now recognize they are getting older and do some preparations for the younger heroes who will one day be the big names who save the world in a crisis event. Learn what Batman’s preparations are when he’s older (not the Snyder clone thing), who do they think are most prepared, how do younger characters feel about being looked at as the next Wonder Woman or Superman, what about villains do they have an end goal? Stuff like that I suppose.
    Batman's Plans?
    Lazarus pit.

But Terry McGuiness might work too.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Justice League being replaced by Titans and wondering if they're no longer needed and what are they supposed to do now that their first sidekicks have grown up and can do things better than them

Have it written by Giffen & DeMatteis.

Batman gets a belly, Wonder Woman dyes her hair blue, Superman changes his costume once a week by moving the trunks over or under his pants, Hal Jordan spends every night talking to his power battery with a beer going over his mistakes and how tomorrow will be a brighter day, Barry Allen becomes a soccer dad and J'onn J'onzz buys a rocketship that he doesn't really need.

The sequel, 'Midwife Crisis', would turn some heads...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Batman's Plans?
    Lazarus pit.

But Terry McGuiness might work too.
    Well yes that would be one way to explore it, I just mean look at Batman right now since he has all his continuity back. He’s got to be what, mid 40’s almost 50? It’s not an endgame that age since I’ve seen people like Tom Cruise, Paul Rudd, and Stephen Lang but I imagine that ways on his mind that one day retirement becomes forced and then what about Gotham or the Justice League.

Besides him what does Wonder Woman prepare for as an immortal, does she have plans to just be a constant force and keep the mission going forever? Is Superman grooming Jon and Conner as two Supermen to replace the one? Does Martian Manhunter prepare Miss Martian? What about Hal who has to deal with multiple new kids in Simon, Jessica, and Jo or Wally’s kids Iris and Jai. All questions that could be considered and make for a nice storyline.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Batman has been in a mid life crisis since the Killing Joke and Knight fall, fans and writers like to pretend he's doing okay.

Green Arrow because his whole life is kind of a mid-life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Have it written by Giffen & DeMatteis.

Batman gets a belly,
    Blue Beetle has already been there / done that.

Wonder Woman dyes her hair blue,
    Do women still do that these days? I remember back in the 1970s when I was in high school I had an English teacher who use to have blue hair, but she was well beyond the "midlife" phase. (And the other color option instead of blue back then was an awful pink dye.)

The sequel, 'Midwife Crisis', would turn some heads...
    Considering how many bad sudden unlikely pregnancy stories comic books have had in the past, like Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers) as well as Power Girl, . . .

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do women still do that these days? I remember back in the 1970s when I was in high school I had an English teacher who use to have blue hair, but she was well beyond the "midlife" phase. (And the other color option instead of blue back then was an awful pink dye.)
    It's funny, though I heard about these blue-haired women back in the '70s, I never actually saw one. I guess the blue-rinse bottles weren't sold in my area of the world.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Maybe some veteran heroes getting together for a quiet celebration, perhaps after a difficult battle, and wondering when enough is enough. They all tell a personal story from their past that they never revealed before about their early days, or about their proteges/sidekicks. Maybe they end up having some kind of common thread that culminates in a new mystery and conflict. By the end, they feel rewarded and affirmed, and come to the conclusion that they will hang up their capes & cowls one day, fully confident in the next generation, but not just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Green Arrow because his whole life is kind of a mid-life crisis.
    So true.

Retired

Given they've already done "Identity Crisis" and "Family Crisis," it's not that absurd.