View Poll Results: Worst 90's X-villian?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trevor Fitzroy

10 12.66%
  • Siena Blaze

8 10.13%
  • Fabian Cortez

2 2.53%
  • Stryfe

13 16.46%
  • Mikhail Rasputin

6 7.59%
  • Shinobi Shaw

3 3.80%
  • X-cutioner

8 10.13%
  • Reignfire

11 13.92%
  • Haven

7 8.86%
  • Other

11 13.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Unquestionably Styfe for me.

Fitzroy was more fun, imo, than Cortez. It's too bad Our Lord didn't snap Fabian's neck.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mullet hairstyles and empty pouch belts - the 90s X-Men's worst enemy. Or Sienna Blaze who's undisclosed first name is "Karen" and goes around flaunting her privilege, acting like a baby in public and just being an awful person.

Omega Red.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminal View Post
    Mullet hairstyles and empty pouch belts - the 90s X-Men's worst enemy. Or Sienna Blaze who's undisclosed first name is "Karen" and goes around flaunting her privilege, acting like a baby in public and just being an awful person.
    This might be the best thing ever.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

It's a tough competition to be honest... out of that list, I'd probably just salvage Stryfe and Fabian Cortez. All the other Upstarts were garbage, Sienna Blaze in particular. Haven and Reignfire... don't even get me started on those.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Omega Red.
    I always disliked him too. Just don't see the appeal. I still have nightmares from that terrible story where Colossus' parents are killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I voted other - Sugar Man was 1000% worse than the lamest of these choices. Ridiculous look and even more ridiculous hodge podge of powers. Even Haven's pseudo-esoteric bullshit was better than this dude.
    I liked sugar man, at least from a pure objective writing place, he was the perfect definition of what made Age of Apocalypse such a different kind of XMEN tale along with Dark Beast.

I can't handle all this Siena hate. Her first outing in X-men Unlimited is one of my fave X-Stories of all time.

Ultimate Member

I picked X-Cutioner, because most of the others, however sketchy their origin stories, turned into characters eventually (if under different writers, in many cases).

The X-Cutioner never really seemed to click, after his first story, and so feels more like a plot device than an actual character.

But it wasn't an easy choice, because Reignfire's right down there in the dregs.

Dark Beast.........................

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I can't handle all this Siena hate. Her first outing in X-men Unlimited is one of my fave X-Stories of all time.
    Yessssssss. She took on Storm, Xavier, and Cyclops, and nearly took them out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Dark Beast.........................
    Dark Beast was a good villain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Dark Beast was a good villain.
    Frustrating for me, 'though, since he was introduced in AoA with the boast that he'd 'processed' hundreds of mutants for Lord Apocalypse and used his advanced genetic science to gift himself with a bunch of new abilities, and then, pfft, fat lot of nuthin' that turned out to be.

I mean, I don't want him to have hardcore powers like weather control or telepathy, but the ability to disarticulate his limbs and slither through small spaces like Cobra, or generate an electric-eel like current like Namor, or change the color and texture of his fur (which I think he did actually have), or secrete a necrotic saliva that makes a nasty rotting wound that he can then scent-track for miles, or a one-use organ in his chest cavity filled with 'telepathic cells' that broadcast his brain at the moment of death (and burn themselves out in the process) to a new clone body somewhere, allowing him to cheat death, or other stuff that's not quite over the top, could have been neat. Every time he appears he could break out some other quirky minor power, to throw people off-balance.

But, again, pfft. Talky words with no backup. Tell, don't show. Whole lotta hat. Not very much cat.

Astonishing Member

Upstarts were a great creation, too bad they never went anywhere. The worst characters were Gamesmaster, Emplate and Hazard.

I loved Haven's look but her powers, of the choices, confused me the most.