View Poll Results: Worst 90's X-villian?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trevor Fitzroy

10 12.66%
  • Siena Blaze

8 10.13%
  • Fabian Cortez

2 2.53%
  • Stryfe

13 16.46%
  • Mikhail Rasputin

6 7.59%
  • Shinobi Shaw

3 3.80%
  • X-cutioner

8 10.13%
  • Reignfire

11 13.92%
  • Haven

7 8.86%
  • Other

11 13.92%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Worst 90's X-men villain?

While the x-men franchise exploded in the 90's into the mainstream, this decade saw a lot of villains some of who couldnt hold a candle to many of the greats.

Some were cool, but yet faded into obscurity; Some were ill conceived from the get-go.
    Who would you say is the worst?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I grew up reading 17 x-books in the 90’s, so I have a soft-spot for the characters introduced in this era. One thing I hated was how out of the way they went to kill off 80’s mainstays the Hellfire Club, Reavers, etc. I guess if I said anyone was the worst, I’d say it was the Friends of Humanity. Had the potential to become something huge, yet was barely a blip.

I like everyone on the list personally, but I'd have to say X-Cutioner.

Stryfe was very 90's but in a fun way.

All of the Upstarts were great even if they didn't live up to their potential. Shinobi and Fabian still being used today shows that they still have something to offer.

Haven added another POC to the X-Men's rogues gallery, and she had a pretty neat look.

I have no strong feelings about Mikhail or Reignfire.

Reignfire should have been an actual real character, instead of a future version of Sunspot. It was a rather lame plot. Mikhail’s powers should have been better defined. Also his descent into madness was rather quick, and was a cheap way to get rid of the Morlocks.

Fantastic Member

I love Fabian and Shinobi, although with Fabian it's more of a "love to hate him" deal. I'm glad to see them both getting some play in the X-books lately.

I thought Haven deserved some kind of redemption arc. She seemed like a genuinely compassionate person who thought she was doing the right thing while being misled by the Adversary (who was literally squatting in her womb using her to bring about his rebirth). Of course, what she was doing was causing mass deaths, but they've redeemed other mass-murderers (including people sitting on Krakoa's Quiet Council right now).

Haven could be rebooted. Her message then seemed like what anti-vaxxers are now, not believing in the science, and going for an almost mystical approach to health and healing.

Fabian Cortez and Shinobi Shaw are babes, how dare you.

Spectacular Member

I voted other - Sugar Man was 1000% worse than the lamest of these choices. Ridiculous look and even more ridiculous hodge podge of powers. Even Haven's pseudo-esoteric bullshit was better than this dude.

BANNED

I voted for Stryfe, he was such an irritating character although I still liked him. He did have some good villain redeeming qualities in the Messiah War story.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Haven was the most crap of them all, second Mikhail Rasputin
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Incredible Member

Had to go with "Other", since you didn't specifically list Scott Lobdell and/or Bob Harras.

Fitzroy. There remains a special place in Hell for characters with life drain tacked onto their ability purely to make them more massive-shoulder-pad, golden-headset, killing-z-listers, 90s X-treme.

Also, he was retconned to only be evil because Layla brought him back without his soul, so does that mean he just never sacrificed anyone to his stupid time portal powers until then?

Also, where's Onslaught? *shudder*
    Last edited by Frobisher; 06-09-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Oh, yeah. Onslaught would get my vote for sure.

I was going to put Onslaught, but I thought more people would remember him fondly due to him kicking Juggs butt and his video game presence in the Marvel Vs Capcom game where he was the final boss.

As an Indian myself, I was hesitant to put Haven bc I too felt she could have got more development. Also, I liked her design.

Fitzroy would probably get my vote. I was mostly reading Xmen vol 2 and Xforce (until AOA). I missed his initial intro w/Bishop and only read his story in Uncanny Annual 17 where he meets siena Blaze and the Childs'Play crossover in x-force where Cable tricks him into absorbing his own life force to open a portal.
    I read his uxm.net character spotlight and wiki but outside of losing his soul he doesnt really excite me in any way.
    Cortez is kinda pathetic in a lovable way and Shinobi could have had more promise if Sebastian had stayed dead.

Shinobi Shaw for me, by a mile, he's never come across as anything more than a whiny spoiled brat with daddy hatred issues.

And thank you for not putting Exodus up there.