Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

About just below base carol level. Imo her interesting character trait is being able to abosrb different abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    About just below base carol level. Imo her interesting character trait is being able to abosrb different abilities.
    Right. Her strength level is such a minor part of her character now...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

After rogue ate Simon she acquired his physical strength which in my opinion puts her in a higher league than Carol and also makes rogue physically the strongest xman?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    After rogue ate Simon she acquired his physical strength which in my opinion puts her in a higher league than Carol and also makes rogue physically the strongest xman?
    Definitely somewhere up there. Colossus is... hard to compare, as he never really gets to cut loose and he typically gets showed up by other power houses (Hulk, Juggernaut).

Other strong mutants;
    Meggan (50 to 100+ class) variable, but she's a powerhouse metamorph
    Sunspot (50 to 100+ class) still unknown if he kept the mpox boost
    Gentle (?) but his power is getting stronger every time he uses his powers
    Captain Britain (90 to ? class) on top of having TK which can simulate super-strength, her captain suit should be giving her superhuman strength like in her brothers case

Strong Guy, Frenzy, Monet and others usually are portrayed as Rogue's old power level or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty
    Right. Her strength level is such a minor part of her character now...
    If you mean, just comparing her strength, then yea. It's superfluous information that no one but hardcore fans care about. Writers somewhat keep up with "who is stronger than who" but they are much more flexible with that information, depending on the story they want to tell. It's why Thor gets clowned so much despite being such a powerhouse.

But if you mean her flying brick powers in general, I disagree. There's a reason why editorial brought back that power set during UA. Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy Rogue with just her base set, but so much of her history and identity is with this power set.

Just trying to help out with my two-cents.

I think Meggan is only Cl 100 if she becomes a giant.

Is Sunspot really greater than Cl 50? I thought he was like CL 50 but could fly and had solar blasts?

Captain Britain is about 90 tons.

Colossus: Cl 70 originally and still in some Marvel readings, and I have seen where they say he can lift 100 tons (but not CL 100).

Wonder Man has long been CL 100.

I believe Carol as Capt Marvel is about 92 tons, but can augment her strength up to CL 100+ and even go minor Binary. When Carol was Binary, she was way above Cl 100+.

The Strength Rogue absorbed from Ms Marvel was 50 Tons. Having absorbed WM himself, CL 100, but does she still retain all of that? Maybe some? Maybe none?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

currently with Wonder Man's strenght she's clearly around 100+ class

about Carol, she's been getting so many upgrades and feats that it's hard to not put her in the 100+ Class noways in her base form

Good point on Carol. It seems like the movie's influenced how writers see her, so she is getting pushed further into being closer to her MCU incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Just trying to help out with my two-cents.

I think Meggan is only Cl 100 if she becomes a giant.

Is Sunspot really greater than Cl 50? I thought he was like CL 50 but could fly and had solar blasts?

Captain Britain is about 90 tons.

Colossus: Cl 70 originally and still in some Marvel readings, and I have seen where they say he can lift 100 tons (but not CL 100).

Wonder Man has long been CL 100.

I believe Carol as Capt Marvel is about 92 tons, but can augment her strength up to CL 100+ and even go minor Binary. When Carol was Binary, she was way above Cl 100+.

The Strength Rogue absorbed from Ms Marvel was 50 Tons. Having absorbed WM himself, CL 100, but does she still retain all of that? Maybe some? Maybe none?
    I'm hoping Duggan's run will help give us a better perspective of where Rogue's at. She's already seems to be getting neat action scenes if the preview is anything to go by and at least shows she's still extremely durable. (getting knocked through like 4 buildings and still getting back into the fight fast enough to rescue Polaris)

As for Sunspot, he was historically a 50 tonner, but during his Avengers stint he contracted the disease the terrigan was spreading around; M-Pox. It affected his powers, in that it seemed to enhance his physical strength to CL 100 at the cost of shortening his life. He also called himself "the strongest mutant on earth" as a boast when helping Hercules move a huge object, but considering his personality that may be an exaggeration? Who knows. Anyway Berto' likely got cured of M-Pox but IDK if he kept the power-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Good point on Carol. It seems like the movie's influenced how writers see her, so she is getting pushed further into being closer to her MCU incarnation.

I'm hoping Duggan's run will help give us a better perspective of where Rogue's at. She's already seems to be getting neat action scenes if the preview is anything to go by and at least shows she's still extremely durable. (getting knocked through like 4 buildings and still getting back into the fight fast enough to rescue Polaris)

As for Sunspot, he was historically a 50 tonner, but during his Avengers stint he contracted the disease the terrigan was spreading around; M-Pox. It affected his powers, in that it seemed to enhance his physical strength to CL 100 at the cost of shortening hinfs life. He also called himself "the strongest mutant on earth" as a boast when helping Hercules move a huge object, but considering his personality that may be an exaggeration? Who knows. Anyway Berto' likely got cured of M-Pox but IDK if he kept the power-up.
    Oh, thanks for the info on Sunspot,ChronoRogue.

I always found Rogue to have a very high durability, more than she should have from the stolen Ms Marvel powers. For instance, when Carol as Binary belted Rogue upon seeing her for the first time, she sent Rogue into Orbit, but Rogue just zoomed back to Earth. She seemed totally unphazed. Rogue should have been a splat.

Perhaps Rogue has some other power or reason for this high durability?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I always found Rogue to have a very high durability, more than she should have from the stolen Ms Marvel powers. For instance, when Carol as Binary belted Rogue upon seeing her for the first time, she sent Rogue into Orbit, but Rogue just zoomed back to Earth. She seemed totally unphazed. Rogue should have been a splat.

Rogue was more powerful than Ms. Marvel...

20210610_233629.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    currently with Wonder Man's strenght she's clearly around 100+ class

about Carol, she's been getting so many upgrades and feats that it's hard to not put her in the 100+ Class noways in her base form

Rogue won un the Carol solo.

So Rogue si more strong obviously

Rogue si class 100+++++ Carol don't
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 07-23-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Rogue has the ability to maximize the powers she takes, this she has done many times and sometimes people forget.

Rogue was much stronger, more INVULNERABLE and faster than Carol was before meeting her, Rogue maximized many times more those powers that she took from Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I wonder if she got rezzed, they’d be able to let her keep her ionic powers?
    Could it be something so simple as Simon left a little of his Ionic power behind? I read (but I can recall where) that Ionic energy is self-replicating. In other words, if Simon lost some of his Ionic energy, he would make it up eventually. We also know from the High Evolutionary's scientist supreme that Rogue has absolutely no problem containing Ionic energy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Could it be something so simple as Simon left a little of his Ionic power behind? I read (but I can recall where) that Ionic energy is self-replicating. In other words, if Simon lost some of his Ionic energy, he would make it up eventually. We also know from the High Evolutionary's scientist supreme that Rogue has absolutely no problem containing Ionic energy.

It's like that, Rogue replicated Simon's ionic powers.

Also this is something that she does constant, only that she has not mastered it yet (for now, in the future she will), in Xtreme she could replicate past powers, because she clones and saves templates of the powers she takes.

In a comic from the 80s Claremont already showed this, Rogue had a flashback channeling powers that she had absorbed in the past.