Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default W.E.B of Spider-Man #1 by Kevin Shinick

851561._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Besides the appearance of Harley and the W.E.B from the Avengers Campus this isn't an MCU-based comic. More of an alternate universe to the MCU. The books target audience is children, but Kevin Shinick isn't making anything too kiddy or childish.

Peter's a teenager, but he's already an experienced hero as Spider-Man. He's already faced Rhino and Green Goblin in this continuity. The W.E.B is a coincidental acronym and Peter had no part in making it. The other heroes are Harley, Moongirl, that girl from Wakanda who is the daughter of a scientist, and Squirrel Girl. No Cassie Lang, no Miles, no Gwen, and no Anya. The group doesn't get along at first, but they come together when someone hacks holograms of Green Goblin, Loki, Doctor Doom, and Rhino and steals information from the W.E.B.

Kevin Shinick referenced how the Iron Man films set up Harley to be Iron Man's successor and how Peter took the role from him. Peter is known as the guy who makes Spidey's tech and Harley considers himself Iron Man's partner. Peter was about to debate that Spider-Man is Iron Man's partner.

When Doreen introduced herself to Peter she caught him staring at her teeth...and her tail that she tucked into her pants.

A little too much Iron Man for my tastes, but sounds like a fun comic .

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    When Doreen introduced herself to Peter she caught him staring at her teeth...and her tail that she tucked into her pants.
    She did that with her tail in her solo book, as an attempt to maintain a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Holograms of Doom, Loki and Goblin sounds ALOT more interesting than what the actual ride encompasses. (Zero villains, just shooting spiderbots on a 3-d movie screen.)

Seriously, how cool would it be to have a theme park attraction based on Mysterio and his illusions? Or Spidey trying to escape "Murderworld?"

Anyways, I skipped this book. Don't really see a point in spending money on a tie-in to an attraction I find to be an even more mediocre version of Toy Story Mania.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Holograms of Doom, Loki and Goblin sounds ALOT more interesting than what the actual ride encompasses. (Zero villains, just shooting spiderbots on a 3-d movie screen.)

Seriously, how cool would it be to have a theme park attraction based on Mysterio and his illusions? Or Spidey trying to escape "Murderworld?"

Anyways, I skipped this book. Don't really see a point in spending money on a tie-in to an attraction I find to be an even more mediocre version of Toy Story Mania.
    That would have been very cool. Especially if you incorporated virtual or augmented reality to make Mysterio's illusions more convincing. As for the comic itself, I am seriously intrigued by the interaction so far between Peter and Doreen. Heh.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post

Or even just do Spider Slayers, then they still coulda stuck with their boring spider-bot idea but at least it woulda been rooted in something interesting from the character's lore.

The Universal ride is the superior Spidey ride for more truly encompassing what the character's world is like and what it's about (and more timelessly just based on the comics), you get 5 of his villains, JJJ interacting with you, walk through the Daily Bugle offices, and there's also wider Marvel u references. That ride to me is one of the best Spidey experiences, someday I'll go on the Disney one for sure but what I've seen doesn't impress me. The coolest thing they've got is the animatronic Spidey that shoots across the sky, which isn't part of the actual ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Or even just do Spider Slayers, then they still coulda stuck with their boring spider-bot idea but at least it woulda been rooted in something interesting from the character's lore.

The Universal ride is the superior Spidey ride for more truly encompassing what the character's world is like and what it's about (and more timelessly just based on the comics), you get 5 of his villains, JJJ interacting with you, walk through the Daily Bugle offices, and there's also wider Marvel u references. That ride to me is one of the best Spidey experiences, someday I'll go on the Disney one for sure but what I've seen doesn't impress me. The coolest thing they've got is the animatronic Spidey that shoots across the sky, which isn't part of the actual ride.
    Could always have the Spider-Bots be hijacked into Spider-Slayers, turn them into an actual deadly threat to Spider-Man and company as opposed to relatively harmless merry mischief-makers.

Or even Doc Ock with his "Octobots," just have Pete design his Spiderbots to fight off the invaders if you are concerned with selling some high priced souvenirs. Seriously, Spidey has the BEST rogues gallery in Marvel, why waste it?!?

Agreed, Universal is still the ride to beat and it was originally built back in what, 1993 or something? I used to think the Universal Daily Bugle queue was lame (looking at typewriters and plastic donuts), but that is sooo much better than Disney's brick and sheet metal queue. (The Tom Holland hologram is ok though.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

The books target audience is children, but Kevin Shinick isn't making anything too kiddy or childish.
    This is the same guy who took charge of creating the last cartoon, so this is not a positive start for me. But the team and saying that he faced Green Goblin tells me this at least is not related to the show, so that's comforting.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Yeah that ride had a lot of effort put into it and I'm happy I had a chance to ride it. I bought the full collection of Maximum Carnage that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited
    This is the same guy who took charge of creating the last cartoon, so this is not a positive start for me. But the team and saying that he faced Green Goblin tells me this at least is not related to the show, so that's comforting.
    IMO this Peter feels like a teenage version of how 616 Peter is currently written. No over the top nerdy dialogue like in the cartoon; just a teenager who likes science. Kevin confirmed after Maximum Venom ended that the comic wasn't related to the show. He most likely didn't know about the show ending with the W.E.B since he left the writing staff after season 1.

Also had Tom Kenney voicing Spidey, as I recall.

IMO this Peter feels like a teenage version of how 616 Peter is currently written. No over the top nerdy dialogue like in the cartoon; just a teenager who likes science. Kevin confirmed after Maximum Venom ended that the comic wasn't related to the show. He most likely didn't know about the show ending with the W.E.B since he left the writing staff after season 1.
    That's some positive stuff to say about it. I guess I'll try reading it.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

That page of Peter and Harley competing over who’s actually Iron Man’s best sidekick or whatever has turned me off from this book completely. Yuck.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Hi. Some help please. Was Tony Stark actually in the comic or just referenced?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. Some help please. Was Tony Stark actually in the comic or just referenced?
    Referenced, mostly. At least from what I remember of the issue.