Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Referenced, mostly. At least from what I remember of the issue.
    Thanks as always my friend.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks as always my friend.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also had Tom Kenney voicing Spidey, as I recall.
    I think Spidey is actually Chris Edgerly there, but Doc Ock and Hydro-Man were Squidward and Patrick respectively though! That would have been around the same time they were just starting out on Spongebob, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think Spidey is actually Chris Edgerly there, but Doc Ock and Hydro-Man were Squidward and Patrick respectively though! That would have been around the same time they were just starting out on Spongebob, too.
    You might be right about that! I might be thinking of those Spidey/Wolverine/Iron Man/Hulk CG films.

I'd rather see Miles the current teen Spider-Man in this role than Peter (talk about a missed opportunity). That said, I might just give the book a chance (it isn't honestly in my wheelhouse).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'd rather see Miles the current teen Spider-Man in this role than Peter (talk about a missed opportunity). That said, I might just give the book a chance (it isn't honestly in my wheelhouse).
    This is science-based so it makes sense to use Peter unless this is like those adaptions where Miles is into super-science because that's an interchangeable character trait .

Besides, if they used Miles, it could be mistaken for being set in 616. With Peter, it's obviously an AU - in 616, Moon Girl wasn't even BORN when Peter was bitten by the spider! Here, Lunella appears to be a few years older then usual (the other kids aren't towering over her) and Peter is obviously over a decade younger, making them much closer in age.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Besides, if they used Miles, it could be mistaken for being set in 616. With Peter, it's obviously an AU - in 616, Moon Girl wasn't even BORN when Peter was bitten by the spider! Here, Lunella appears to be a few years older then usual (the other kids aren't towering over her) and Peter is obviously over a decade younger, making them much closer in age.
    It's always funny how adaptions making Peter a teenager tend to skewer the ages and make him close in age to people he's usually much older than.

Like how he and Kamala are more or less contemporaries in the last Spider-Man cartoon.

In fact, Kamala had been a superhero for longer in that continuity. She joined the Avengers in season 4, but got her powers in season 3. That Spider-Man cartoon started in the same year as Avengers Assemble season 4, with Kamala guesting in a few episodes of Spider-Man season 2.

Of course, what didn't change is that she was the same age as Miles (Peter, Gwen and Anya were de-aged to match him, Miles and Kamala were the same age they are in the comics). It's too bad that Miles and Kamala didn't have much interaction in the Spider-Man cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is science-based so it makes sense to use Peter unless this is like those adaptions where Miles is into super-science because that's an interchangeable character trait .
    Making miles a science guy doesn't help with the differentiation.Not saying he can't like science but being a part of the same program as Moon girl and Spider-man doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of this.Why wouldn't they change up a few characters and do this is canon.If they want to keep Spidey he can be their mentor.
    I just find au's a bit pointless specially when they will never be mentioned again.