Spectacular Member

Default Hippolyta as the Wonder Woman (post Infinite Crisis)

Did the official Editorial decree Post IC which stated that Diana was the first WW and that Hippolyta had never had a career as the GA Wonder Woman also retcon Hippolyta's time in costume in the present (JLA, Our World's at War)?

Did she ever appear in costume in flashback post-IC?

I was never clear if they were wiping the whole character of Hippolyta as WW or just retconing her time in the 1940's

I also remember a One Year Later issue of JSA Classified post IC (Issue 11) where the GA Wonder Woman appeared in flashback. Was this intended to be Hippolyta?

I haven’t read JSA stuff from this time period but I don’t recall her time as WW being referenced in WW’s book.

Spectacular Member

I have a suspicion (but don't have the issues to hand) that there was an image of Hippolyta in costume (as WW) during the 'Who is Wonder Woman?' Arc 2007.

The GA Wonder Woman definitely appears in JSA Classifieds 11, though I'm not sure if this was intended to be Hippolyta or the original GA WW (Diana). Post IC, some of the JSA had regained their memories of the original Earth-Two continuity (Earth-Two Batman, for example)

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Interesting. I thought the idea was forgotten.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Did the official Editorial decree Post IC which stated that Diana was the first WW and that Hippolyta had never had a career as the GA Wonder Woman also retcon Hippolyta's time in costume in the present (JLA, Our World's at War)?

Did she ever appear in costume in flashback post-IC?

I was never clear if they were wiping the whole character of Hippolyta as WW or just retconing her time in the 1940's

I also remember a One Year Later issue of JSA Classified post IC (Issue 11) where the GA Wonder Woman appeared in flashback. Was this intended to be Hippolyta?
    Was Hippolyta as the GA Wonder Woman wiped out post-IC though? Don't remember hearing about it.

Then again, it was never clear post-IC exactly how much pre-Crisis Wonder Woman history was restored. All we knew was that she was now a JL founder again. It wasn't clear if any of her pre-Crisis adventures were supposed to be back in canon or not.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

There were a few instances after Infinite Crisis in which Hippolyta appeared in her usual queen's garb with the Justice Society but not much was explained with it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    There were a few instances after Infinite Crisis in which Hippolyta appeared in her usual queen's garb with the Justice Society but not much was explained with it.
    I wasn't aware of these appearances! Was it in the then-present day or in flashback?

I have gone through the 'Who is Wonder Woman' TPB and frustratingly, I cannot find the panel which depicted Hippolyta in her GA costume.

I will add it to my Mandela Effect list. :-/

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    I wasn't aware of these appearances! Was it in the then-present day or in flashback?

I have gone through the 'Who is Wonder Woman' TPB and frustratingly, I cannot find the panel which depicted Hippolyta in her GA costume.

I will add it to my Mandela Effect list. :-/

If I remember right, they depicted Hippolyta during World War II.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.