Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So hickman is working on inferno or is that already in the pipeline and he is just taking a break in September.

I hope duggan writes a good issue really want to support the new x-men vol but his writing is iffy sometimes for me

Edit: break till September

Do you really believe that the egos of the Illuminati are going to allow them to be sidelined by global changes? Of course they are going to meet, just like all the times they have met even if they have only made things worse.

Mixed thoughts about this issue. Namor was fun/intriguing; I would we see him interact with Emma during the Gala. Disappointed in the Franklin being human and feel like Slott messed up a story. RD's art clearly shined above the rest. The Gen X cameo/nods are long overdue and need to keep coming. I'm enjoying this more than X of Swords; 22 issues was too long. This event is a least unusual compared to most... the market and hype felt like part of the event... ala Red Carpet to the Oscars.

Also... aside from Polaris I prefer all of the new gala outfits to their new X-Men uniforms.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member

Here's the thing about the election. The way it was handled gives us no reason to care about the people on this team. These are the people who apparently had the best pitches and reasons for wanting to be on the X-Men, and we have no idea what those reasons are. They don't get a chance to speak. All they do is pose. This was the time to tell readers who have never heard of Synch what he's about, what he wants to do as an X-Man, and they didn't even bother. We've got Cyclops' mission statement from X of Swords, and nothing from anyone else. What did this do to convince people who weren't planning to buy the new book when the team was announced last month to change their minds and support this team? What did it do to convince people who think the lineup is safe or boring that they were wrong and to give it a chance? What did it even do to add to the excitement of those who were planning to get the book? As far as I can tell, the answer to all of that is nothing. We did not need Cyclops telling his life story again and Quentin gathering people for next week's Planet-Sized issue. We needed to hear from Polaris, Synch, Sunfire, and Laura what they think and want from all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Here's the thing about the election. The way it was handled gives us no reason to care about the people on this team. These are the people who apparently had the best pitches and reasons for wanting to be on the X-Men, and we have no idea what those reasons are. They don't get a chance to speak. All they do is pose. This was the time to tell readers who have never heard of Synch what he's about, what he wants to do as an X-Man, and they didn't even bother. We've got Cyclops' mission statement from X of Swords, and nothing from anyone else. What did this do to convince people who weren't planning to buy the new book when the team was announced last month to change their minds and support this team? What did it do to convince people who think the lineup is safe or boring that they were wrong and to give it a chance? What did it even do to add to the excitement of those who were planning to get the book? As far as I can tell, the answer to all of that is nothing. We did not need Cyclops telling his life story again and Quentin gathering people for next week's Planet-Sized issue. We needed to hear from Polaris, Synch, Sunfire, and Laura what they think and want from all of this.
    My response to this is who cares? I care about the people on the team bc I like the characters and am interested in the dynamics of this new configuration, not bc I was banking on the Election to sell me on it. It was a marketing gimmick to hype up the event and new books. Nothing more.

So, who do you think are the two figures that observe the gala from space at the end of the comic?

I'm going to guess that they are Cardinal and Rasputin based on absolutely nothing other than that one sits like Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Interesting to see all Omega Mutants going through the portal. I'm assuming they went to Mars and something happened there.
    Yeah I'm thinking Mars too considering the hint in this week's Excalibur.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Amazing Member

Laura looked really suprised that she ended up on the new X-Men team. When everyone was excited about the election she was eating shrimps.

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Laura looked really suprised that she ended up on the new X-Men team. When everyone was excited about the election she was eating shrimps.
    Lornas happy face makes me very tender. It seems that not even she believes that they have chosen her. It is adorable.

I get your point but at the same time I believe this worked well. They're in a plane where they can "say" what their reasons are without the need to find the right words. Maybe they're not using words at all.

And tbh I don't think giving readers the reason in-universe on why they want to be on the team would change the book's sales. People will get it regardless of the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mesjarch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Lornas happy face makes me very tender. It seems that not even she believes that they have chosen her. It is adorable.
    I loved their reactions so much. Shiro too, not really giving a s***.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Interesting to see all Omega Mutants going through the portal. I'm assuming they went to Mars and something happened there.
    From the ending of Children of the Atom this week I'd like to think they are all going to help JayJay rescue his friends from the U-Men.

BANNED

Or perhaps we’ll see exactly that in the new book. Each issue is supposed to “focus” on a particular member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I loved their reactions so much. Shiro too, not really giving a s***.
    Yeah, Dauterman's art characterizes them all very well. You know who they are just by seeing how they react, like "Yeah, Sunfire is the jerk of the team."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My response to this is who cares? I care about the people on the team bc I like the characters and am interested in the dynamics of this new configuration, not bc I was banking on the Election to sell me on it. It was a marketing gimmick to hype up the event and new books. Nothing more.
    Exactatiously. The selection process was just a fun means to an end.
    Fact is I love and care about ALL these characters so...how they were brought together is neither here nor there...I'm just very happy that some of my favourite X-Characters are all together in one book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!