Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I thought it was the Xorn twins?
    Me too, only because I’l reading Way of X and they’ve been hovering around like this in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Planet-Size X-Men #1 and S.W.O.R.D. #6 are each highlighted one week apart(S.W.O.R.D. being the final highlighted issue...)

Outside of that pair, there are probably five "Event..." issues left to come.

As for nothing happening...

Namor just told them to go kick rocks.
    I mean sword and planet size are obvs gonna tie in together and it seems pretty clear they are trying to terraform Mars or something so that's something f but its also just another tease for whats inevitably goin go be a ton of issues of discussion about the ethics of invading Mars and so on and so forth before it actually happens.

Idk it just doesn't feel like we are in the reign phase yet, this all feels very new still in some ways.

As for Namor I mean he told them that back in Hox Pox. I have no idea why they thought anything would change but it seems natural to me to assume that Mars will be the "something to offer" he was asking for so idk. They didn't being it up to him or anything

Just curious... those comics strips that were done showing the other candidates losing the vote? Were those going to be published anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine won the vote. I think it would be hilarious if most of the people meant Logan and Laura inadvertently got chosen instead
    That would be strike one for me to drop his book. Duggan just need to write his story like he did in uncanny avengers and not troll fans of characters or characters he’s not writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    That's logic, right. All rlections are for people who want a position. If characters don't wanna be X-Men, they will not be on the team, because,... they do not want it.
    That doesn't explain Laura though because when we see her get chosen she looks genuinely surprised she was selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That doesn't explain Laura though because when we see her get chosen she looks genuinely surprised she was selected.

Also new mutants was implying that Laura was traumatized by what she went through in the vault so it is a bit ofna surprise for her to wanna be back on the fieldd
    The whole thing seemed rushed, maybe they could've given it another issue to flesh out the decision making process.

Also sunfire?? Why? Why on earth would you recruit sunfire?

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Decent issue. But we are getting a LOT of teases and little actual payoff. Something has to HAPPEN at some point.
    Well i am still waiting on that murder that's coming and what exactly drove a guy like Kurt to get THAT drunk? I mean so far he has been hitting the booze in a way i expect out of Logan or Kitty.

I agree with your points Grunty and also feel that the voting system is flawed and hollow. I was wondering about how each person on Krakoa would statistically be aware of who to vote for. We as an audience know these characters and how they have contributed to the world and mutantkind; but with a population over a million strong, there is no statistical way that every single mutant citizen can vote on mass for one name that is suitable for the role without having a small pool of people to choose from, and even then they would have had to make themselves known to the people (why am I the best for the job?) Even when the x-men had a school, some of the students were sometimes shown to be unsure which adults were x-men and which were not, they are not all instantly recognizable without a big X adorning the uniform.

Which brings me to the bias in the elections. Anyone that has had an affiliation with the X-men in the past will have more chance of being voted for, over a random ‘nobody’ mutant. Yet the story expects us to believe that anybody can be a member of the team.
    If that really were true then a random mutant who somehow makes a name for themselves on Krakoa could technically get in, but their power could worse than useless on the battlefield and they have never had any proper combat training. Yet if the nation wants them, and they want to give it a try, then their on the squad?

I’m probably overthinking it and I don’t expect the books to explain everything about this new world, but this voting system doesn’t make sense to me logically, and it takes me right out of the story.

Also new mutants was implying that Laura was traumatized by what she went through in the vault so it is a bit ofna surprise for her to wanna be back on the fieldd
    The whole thing seemed rushed, maybe they could've given it another issue to flesh out the decision making process.

That is a very good point because to my knowledge he has rarely teamed up with them and is not a very good team player...except perhaps with Big Hero 6?

I got be honest this team didn't get my attention at all with the way it was delivered and i really don't see why we need this cameos at all, it makes this whole thing so cheap and vain tbh. Did we really need to see the head of Marvel Studios in this? For what purpose i ask? it serves none. None of the cameos serve any purpose whatsoever!

That is a very good point because to my knowledge he has rarely teamed up with them and is not a very good team player...except perhaps with Big Hero 6?

I got be honest this team didn't get my attention at all with the way it was delivered and i really don't see why we need this cameos at all, it makes this whole thing so cheap and vain tbh. Did we really need to see the head of Marvel Studios in this? For what purpose i ask? it serves none. None of the cameos serve any purpose whatsoever!

Gonna be honest I thought the cameos were very cool.

But beside that the team is... ok I guess. The roster doesn't blow me away honestly. It seems like they did nothing with synch forever and then he gets that vault story and now he's hot stuff. I'm OK with that.

However he and rogue don't really need to both be there. That feels almost redundant. Laura's inclusion despite my issues with the characterization and wondering why she'd even want to be there, is a nice twist on the obligatory Wolverine being on the team.

Polaris is fine I guess. I may get a change to really read some of her and get to know her more than I currently do. But hea no idea why sunfire is here. I can think of plenty of mutants who wouldve been better. Mirage wouldve been nice. I wouldve liked to see a young mutant get an actual spot on the team like kitty did way back when. Like a teen who is relatively new to it all. I feel like thatd be a great liason for young people in the human society as well.

For starters...

No one recruited Sunfire. He was voted onto the X-Men.

Past that?

Did the two of you catch much of the recent crossover event?

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Jean introduced the team.....but I thought Hickman and Marvel hate her?
    Cyclops is in the same book, and not unconscious, humiliated, or told how terrible he is by everyone. This somehow equals an attack on Jean. <Insert rolleyes emoji here>
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    How many dangling plot threads do we have at this point? Feels like nothing of any significance has concluded with Hickman.
    Why are you trying to make it seem like Hickman's run is over? Lol

Astonishing Member

She doesn't even remember what happened to her in the vault lol how can she be traumatized.

If they wanted Namor in the Council they should have sent Emma... that is ABC...

Overall a very good issue. Emma shined. I wonder who those mysterious women are. The Gala is going as expected. Still the Big secret to be revealed.

Very elegant election of the X-Men. The team looks great and promising. It is very interesting they all come with a "political" vision of why they want to an X-Man.

More Sinister secrets. Very good indeed.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare