Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Not sure I understand the fixation on the 'trauma' Laura should be experiencing. By that logic, Moira has a lot more trauma to deal with, and she does still have memories from all those years.

Most comic book characters have a ridiculous amount of trauma they should be dealing with if principles of our reality are applied.

It's fine if a writer chooses not to focus on comic book trauma, just as it is fine if a writer does focus it.
    Well, Moira does have lots of trauma. In her 3rd life she tried to eradicate the mutant species, and let's not even get into which of her various hookups was the absolute low point of her lives.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Well, Moira does have lots of trauma. In her 3rd life she tried to eradicate the mutant species, and let's not even get into which of her various hookups was the absolute low point of her lives.
    Moira is the most traumatizing. Imagine live your life all over again, remembering everything. But writers doesn't treat it as really traumatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Except we've seen since her first appearance that Laura has never been good at opening up about what she's feeling, so I can see her NOT talking about it, internalizing things, and making it worse.

The fact other characters have died and resurrected without questioning who they are when they come out of the pod is frankly a failure by the writers and just another problem with the entire setup. But given Laura has a history of being uncertain of her identity because of her origins and poor sense of self, it would make sense for her to struggle with the idea of having lived a life, died, and been brought back again.
    I think that having Jean that they were on same team twice and now again, It would be weird if they never talked about it. jean is the queen of ressurrections.

I thought it was weird that they never question the ressurrection, but look only two characters questioned the Crucible. Maybe they are being lazy or it is a plot point to be adressed. It's bad that the ressurrection book barely dealt with it

I think it's less the length of time in of itself as it is that it happened at all.
    maybe. Like you lose hundreds of years on a confined space but you are back really close to where you left
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-10-2021 at 10:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Not sure I understand the fixation on the 'trauma' Laura should be experiencing. By that logic, Moira has a lot more trauma to deal with, and she does still have memories from all those years.

Most comic book characters have a ridiculous amount of trauma they should be dealing with if principles of our reality are applied.

It's fine if a writer chooses not to focus on comic book trauma, just as it is fine if a writer does focus it.
    There comes a point where ignoring it begins to strain the suspension of disbelief.

There reason the conversation is "fixating" on Laura is because so far, it seemse like she is literally the ONLY person that the idea someone might not being mentally/emotionally ok after being resurrected has even been mentioned, much less explored. Even Rockslide's botched resurrection has been largely dropped, and the reactions focused more on the people around him than on Santo himself.

Astonishing Member

There comes a point where ignoring it begins to strain the suspension of disbelief.

There reason the conversation is "fixating" on Laura is because so far, it seemse like she is literally the ONLY person that the idea someone might not being mentally/emotionally ok after being resurrected has even been mentioned, much less explored. Even Rockslide's botched resurrection has been largely dropped, and the reactions focused more on the people around him than on Santo himself.
    Just because it hasn't been explored yet doesn't mean it's not going to be. We still have a a few years before this run is over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Just because it hasn't been explored yet doesn't mean it's not going to be. We still have a a few years before this run is over.
    Remember,you're dealing with people who seem to think if somethings not mentioned/explored in the next panel it's being ignored......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm sorry, but why are you the authority on why a fictional character is fine missing some months? I'm not saying she should be riddled with trauma, but it'd be normal for her to be uneasy with the knowledge that a version of her lived this whole life that she can't remember. The only one who actually knows her emotional response to what happened is the person who is about to write her in a month.
    Good point, I think it's easy to put this to bed actually, depends if the writers accept that Krakoa is a clone farm, then Laura if she knows that that was "another" Laura would not feel entitled to have memories that are technically not hers.However if the writers play this as a reincarnation ,i.e all memories no matter the iteration are of the one individual then Laura may start asking to be filled in on what she missed ,unfortunately only Everett (if he borrows Jean's telepathy and gives her first hand view ) or Xavier (using Cerebro's logs of Synch's life there) can share those with her. Since it is possible for her at least to see Everett's memories, we may get to see her in the know at some point. I just don't think it's worth the trouble.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-10-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Now we know why Winds of Winter is taking forever, George R. Martin is having so much writer's block he decided he needed a break on Krakoa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Remember,you're dealing with people who seem to think if somethings not mentioned/explored in the next panel it's being ignored......
    We've had multiple characters — including central POV characters — rez'ed since the whole thing has started. This isn't "Next Panel." This is after TWO DAMN YEARS of storytelling, with multiple books and resurrections since then.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    And also people who insist that if they don't agree with a storyline, then it isn't happening even when it is right there on panel.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hm? That's literally Domino's entire plot line in X-Force and Pixie's in Way of X. Quentin Quire to some extent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Hm? That's literally Domino's entire plot line in X-Force and Pixie's in Way of X. Quentin Quire to some extent as well.
    They are all fine after being ressurrected

We've had multiple characters — including central POV characters — rez'ed since the whole thing has started. This isn't "Next Panel." This is after TWO DAMN YEARS of storytelling, with multiple books and resurrections since then.
    You are right, we arent on the beginning we are on the middle of it and so far a lot more questions pile up. x-factor was sold as being about ressurrection but then it was glossed over

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Good point, I think it's easy to put this to bed actually, depends if the writers accept that Krakoa is a clone farm, then Laura if she knows that that was "another" Laura would not feel entitled to have memories that are technically not hers.However if the writers play this as a reincarnation ,i.e all memories no matter the iteration are of the one individual then Laura may start asking to be filled in on what she missed ,unfortunately only Everett (if he borrows Jean's telepathy and gives her first hand view ) or Xavier (using Cerebro's logs of Synch's life there) can share those with her. Since it is possible for her at least to see Everett's memories, we may get to see her in the know at some point. I just don't think it's worth the trouble.
    It isn't reincarnation or Laura could get her memories on the moment of ressurrection.

These aren't her memories, these are Synch memories of her. She will never become that Laua again, I see no reason to want that memories back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    And also people who insist that if they don't agree with a storyline, then it isn't happening even when it is right there on panel.
    except that isn't on panell and people want to force their headcnon on other people
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-10-2021 at 01:34 PM.

Honestly the fact that issue 9 acknowledged many potential storylines regarding resurrection and none of them have been even close to addressed is a shame because that was one of the best issues of this run. Hopefully Spurrier can get to it

Lol so i guess it pretty much confirms that Mystique changed into Emma to get the Shiar crystals, that also explains why she kept staring at Emma in this issue

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=121060753

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Amazing Member

Not much happened in this issue on the surface. Namor is a jerk. It's like the guy hasn't had any character development in 80 years. I'm surprised Magneto didn't just rip him a new one during his tired "I'm a king!" routine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Lol so i guess it pretty much confirms that Mystique changed into Emma to get the Shiar crystals, that also explains why she kept staring at Emma in this issue
    I think Marvel spends so much time thinking this stuff and it is just a waste, every panel has a dozen random people standing around looking stupid.

Anyway, if any of these secrets actually even half way match this as the article likes to make it obvious, then it has to be #52. While Emma is the one enquiring about a box full of something, it sounds like Mystique will be the one trying to get to the contents before her.

For anyone who has been reading Marauders, is there anything in there that can be stretched as far as possible to hint at Mystique being up to anything, let alone ordering diamonds from space birds?