Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Default Stacy X (returns): Appreciation Thread 2021

I just thought I'd start one for anyone excited for her return in Way of X . Anyone with hopes and wishes? Or just ideas of their own.

I liked Stacey a lot during her short run with the X-Men. I thought that she had an interesting design and powers.
    Didn't realize that she was going to return in Way of X. I'm looking forward to this. Is she going to be a regular cast member, or just a one issue guest star? Either way it will be nice to see her again.
    Hopefully she doesn't try to seduce Nightcrawler again in an embarrassing way that makes her look like a complete idiot.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Sometimes a role is played out, which was the case with Stacy after she left the X-Men. She was kinda cool as Ripcord in the short lived New Warriors, but I think most here missed that series.

I honestly would not see a place for Stacy on any of the teams. She needs to have a different approach. The former prostitute using pheromones is kind of boring.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

She could totes be Kurt's Mary Magdalene in Way Of X.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    She could totes be Kurt's Mary Magdalene in Way Of X.
    Primary named female disciple, who is later falsely claimed to have been a prostitute, because someone in charge of the religion decided to combine her with two other female characters from the religious texts into a singular one?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Primary named female disciple, who is later falsely claimed to have been a prostitute, because someone in charge of the religion decided to combine her with two other female characters from the religious texts into a singular one?
    Yup, that's literally what she should be Grunty.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Sometimes a role is played out, which was the case with Stacy after she left the X-Men. She was kinda cool as Ripcord in the short lived New Warriors, but I think most here missed that series.

I honestly would not see a place for Stacy on any of the teams. She needs to have a different approach. The former prostitute using pheromones is kind of boring.
    Then let's get rid of the former. She could be an interesting character to explore the legitimacy of sex work on Krakoa.

Incredible Member

She could work with the Hellfire Club, prostitution is a very lucrative business. I imagine a lot of humans would pay good money to have sex with a mutant.

I don't see how her being a former prostitute turned x-man is boring at all. I don't recall any other mutant with that backstory. And did stacy even sleep with her clients? It seemed more like she was being branded a wh*re when all she had to do was touch people to get them off.

I love me some stacey x. Her powers would actually work great helping out at the hospital in marauders. I also think someone like her could be a good foil to emplate. like imagine the reaction of a empath being controlled in a sense by phermones. She really had a lot of potential i could see her so many places here. I think as previously said though her in Way of X would be the best way to go. Just the imagery of her following kurt on this journey and walking this rode is exciting to me. She can offer a perspective like no other having not only lived amongst humans but making her living amongst them via her powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I just thought I'd start one for anyone excited for her return in Way of X . Anyone with hopes and wishes? Or just ideas of their own.

I just looked this up online and could find no information about stacy-x appearing in way of x

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I don't see how her being a former prostitute turned x-man is boring at all. I don't recall any other mutant with that backstory. And did stacy even sleep with her clients? It seemed more like she was being branded a wh*re when all she had to do was touch people to get them off.
    I believe she did and to me that makes her even more interesting. It's not like she had to but on some level it showed she wasn't ashamed of what she was doing which is how i always read it. She was surviving and she was doing it without hurting people. In a way it showed to me on some level she has some sense of justice as well. She could have just taken a man's money and made him assume they had sex but there is a certain honor that she didn't. Yes, i'm weird. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I just looked this up online and could find no information about stacy-x appearing in way of x
    Spurrier revealed that she'd be appearing (as will Dazzler) in a podcast interview. Lots of discussion about it in the Way of X #1 thread. https://youtu.be/sN1EK4tQ1Es

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Spurrier revealed that she'd be appearing (as will Dazzler) in a podcast interview. Lots of discussion about it in the Way of X #1 thread. https://youtu.be/sN1EK4tQ1Es
    Awesome thanks

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Yay! So many responses! Not a bad start!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I liked Stacey a lot during her short run with the X-Men. I thought that she had an interesting design and powers.
    Didn't realize that she was going to return in Way of X. I'm looking forward to this. Is she going to be a regular cast member, or just a one issue guest star? Either way it will be nice to see her again.
    Hopefully she doesn't try to seduce Nightcrawler again in an embarrassing way that makes her look like a complete idiot.
    Yeah, I'm hoping maybe an awkward conversation referencing what happened and then her perhaps lightening his spirits as he has been a bit down lately. I also like her look and I see that her powers may be seen as problematic. Now being a prostitute people are their for pleasure but it may be seen as immoral but the sad downside of using her powers for good ends up being a slippery slope when it comes to consent.

Of course a load of buttkicking maybe can make her a fit. Maybe a book like (ugh) Hellions or even X-Force would

I think Joe Casey was to reveal her to be a virgin? It was supposed to be a twist. she didn't do "it." Anything sexual was powers oriented.

Re: Her as Kurts Mary Magdalene may really beef her character up a bit..

Not even like X-Force? Or (ugh) Hellions? Perhaps after Way of X she can go to a team like that. She can kick some butt. Hadn't she learned h2h combat eventually? She can use her powers sparingly.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-29-2021 at 01:07 PM.