Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think Marvel spends so much time thinking this stuff and it is just a waste, every panel has a dozen random people standing around looking stupid.

Anyway, if any of these secrets actually even half way match this as the article likes to make it obvious, then it has to be #52. While Emma is the one enquiring about a box full of something, it sounds like Mystique will be the one trying to get to the contents before her.

For anyone who has been reading Marauders, is there anything in there that can be stretched as far as possible to hint at Mystique being up to anything, let alone ordering diamonds from space birds?
    Only last issue of Marauders and Xforce even remotely deal with this, I imagine this is going to be picked backup in Inferno though, because those diamonds are essential to resurrecting mutants and im guessing that Mystique may use them to try and resurrect someone on her own
    Last edited by Diammandis; 06-10-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yistaan View Post
    Not much happened in this issue on the surface. Namor is a jerk. It's like the guy hasn't had any character development in 80 years. I'm surprised Magneto didn't just rip him a new one during his tired "I'm a king!" routine.
    in the eyes of namor, nothing rarely happens on the surface

Now this issue will be reprinted due to Feige cameo every time a new MCU movie to be announced.

Astonishing Member

Mystique’s going end up frying Cerebro and all the backups trying to resurrect Destiny/depthless spite, isn’t she?

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Lol so i guess it pretty much confirms that Mystique changed into Emma to get the Shiar crystals, that also explains why she kept staring at Emma in this issue
    It's only a confirmation if you assume that the writers cranking out these articles for marvel.com have more access to insider information than the ones over at CBR and Screenrant. Otherwise, they are just speculating based on the published comics, same as everyone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post

It isn't reincarnation or Laura could get her memories on the moment of ressurrection.

These aren't her memories, these are Synch memories of her. She will never become that Laua again, I see no reason to want that memories back.
    I know they are not her memories and I've always believed Krakoa clones, so it's not reincarnation but because Xavier in HoX5 I think calls it anima or life force, one could interpret cerebro as bestowing the mind which in this case does not distinguish it from 'spirit' to animate the husk.If that is the case then even if Laura woke up with no memory of her time in the vault because cerebro couldn't retrieve those memories she could still hunger for them ,as if a part of her life is missing.As I said the writers don't really get deep into the metaphysics of it but if they tried to explain they could that it is reincarnation but very contingent on cerebro.Though yeah the simpler and more sensible explanation that I stick by as default is they are clones.

Astonishing Member

Only last issue of Marauders and Xforce even remotely deal with this, I imagine this is going to be picked backup in Inferno though, because those diamonds are essential to resurrecting mutants and im guessing that Mystique may use them to try and resurrect someone on her own
    Well if (and this is a huge if)1. Xavier keeps pre-cog memories on a separate drive/cerebro but they are 'top secret' and 2. The logic crystals already have the full content of all mutant memories (though I'd presume they are blank and are there to be filled) -then sure she could eventually resurrect Irene, but without any memories in storage it's anyone's guess how she could pull it off. I'm eager to be surprised.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-11-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Lol so i guess it pretty much confirms that Mystique changed into Emma to get the Shiar crystals, that also explains why she kept staring at Emma in this issue

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=121060753

Why Mystique might want those crystals...
    547055B8-A60C-4548-A9B2-B0046DCDC873.jpg

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Why Mystique might want those crystals...
    547055B8-A60C-4548-A9B2-B0046DCDC873.jpg
    oohhhh, this is an amazing catch!

But I wonder who would Mystique get Destiny's memories in those crystals?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Forge?
    10char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

To do this she'd likely need to get in touch with Mikhail Rasputin and the Xeno crew.They have been dabbling in cloning themselves and have the Cerebro sword.For her plan to be undiscovered I think Mikhail is the only one who could actually help her.Why I think he is the likely candidate is more and more I suspect Mystique was the one who killed the assassin on Krakoa(maybe in the guise of Piotr) Looking at other possibilities Sinister is already blackmailing Kwannon she can't risk the double cross.Legion is a possibility ,but he's too unpredictable to deal with, he may just as well kill her.She could go back to Orchis to try make a deal (if she is desperate for an android Irene)but that is literally suicide as the gate is a trap and Nimrod is online. It may be possible for her to go ask an Arraki to help her, if she finds one who can do a resurrection but that is a long shot.I think Exodus can bring Irene back , but I guess he has to have her remains at least but more importantly there's no way in hell can he help Mystique to bring down what he calls Eden. So far I see Mikhail and Xeno as her viable options.Maybe she'll do it slowly shapeshifting into different guises giving different orders until she gets really close but manipulating cerebro is not up her alley I think.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-11-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I have no earthly idea why some (especially on Twitter) are upset about the Feige cameo. There's like a dozen other Marvel staff cameos alone in this event, why are people so upset about it here?

Im really hoping the reveal is not just terraforming. Since it seems the Shiar crystals have nothing to do with it, the theories about a human/mutant colony where the humans also can be resurrected seems out the window.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love Hickman he no doubt saw these complaints coming from a mile away and had this dialogue here to prove to readers that I did no uncertain terms as was a fair and equal election.
    The use of no shame(we always lose) ,no hidden agendas(no precogs allowed) and no manipulations (what about her?) sounds like meta sarcasm. The choice of those words in the wider context should not escape anyone, if they apply to Jean they certainly don't to Xavier and Magneto!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I love Hickman he no doubt saw these complaints coming from a mile away and had this dialogue here to prove to readers that I did no uncertain terms as was a fair and equal election.
    This is the exact same thought I had. It was a smart move to have us hear from two characters that have no skin in the game, so to speak, to prove everything is on the up and up.

Ooo very intriguing. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    in the eyes of namor, nothing rarely happens on the surface
    LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Thinking of Ms Shapeshifter...the fur will fly if Meggan Braddock has a bouncing blue baby... proving that Mystique can sire a child and dropping Kurt in the poo with Brian.