Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Exactatiously. The selection process was just a fun means to an end.
    Fact is I love and care about ALL these characters so...how they were brought together is neither here nor there...I'm just very happy that some of my favourite X-Characters are all together in one book.
    You can also save that for the actual series.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My response to this is who cares? I care about the people on the team bc I like the characters and am interested in the dynamics of this new configuration, not bc I was banking on the Election to sell me on it. It was a marketing gimmick to hype up the event and new books. Nothing more.
    People who spend money to read books? just to be disappointed because they dawdled this election for months for some ass tag marketing stunt.
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-09-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Do you really believe that the egos of the Illuminati are going to allow them to be sidelined by global changes? Of course they are going to meet, just like all the times they have met even if they have only made things worse.
    It makes perfect sense for the Illuminati to reform and strategize. They see mutants making power moves and flexing hard, they are the ones who have to provide a counter balance, who have be a check against unrestrained mutant power. It would be a serious dereliction of duty and massive mistake if the Illuminati wasn't planning contingencies and for worst-case scenarios. To simply turn a blind eye to all Krakoa's machinations is shortsighted at best and monumentally foolish at worse. In these times the Illuminati is needed more than ever, they just have to find suitable replacements for former members.

So many mysterious threads opened in this book! Who were the two guests Emma was talking too? Who were the two people in the sky at the end (I guess they could be the same two people in both questions but doubtful). And all of Sinister's secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    So many mysterious threads opened in this book! Who were the two guests Emma was talking too? Who were the two people in the sky at the end (I guess they could be the same two people in both questions but doubtful). And all of Sinister's secrets.
    Arrakoa council I think.

So the election only involved mutants who wanted to be X-Men.

Mighty Member

I dunno, I'd have liked to see a visualization of the election more than watching Feige get a comic book handjob

I assumed those two people at end were just two of the Omegas working on Mars?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    Or perhaps we’ll see exactly that in the new book. Each issue is supposed to “focus” on a particular member.
    And that helps drum up any level of interest in the book how?

They did nothing to endear a single one of these characters to anyone who isn't already a fan and nothing that in any way adds to the excitement for the upcoming book. If you don't get me interested in Synch or Polaris before the book comes out, I'm not going to be interested in picking up the book just to find out why I should be interested in them. That is supposed to be the point of having this issue to introduce them even though the team was revealed a while ago. This was their chance to hook people who were on the fence, to get those people who weren't sold upon the initial reveal and they didn't even try. Is a single person more likely to pick up X-Men #1 next month after reading X-Men #21 today? I can't see how anyone would be. The people who were already on board will stay, and that's it. If you don't care because your favorite character is in, that's fine, but if Marvel wants any new readers they have to do better than this.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 06-09-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant_Lover View Post
    I assumed those two people at end were just two of the Omegas working on Mars?
    I thought they were the Xorn brothers

Astonishing Member

I do appreciate the concept of separating the X-Men (heroes of a people, for a people, by the people) from the, let’s be honest, inherently elitist nature of most superheroes, but I’m not sure it makes the landing in execution

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    It makes perfect sense for the Illuminati to reform and strategize. They see mutants making power moves and flexing hard, they are the ones who have to provide a counter balance, who have be a check against unrestrained mutant power. It would be a serious dereliction of duty and massive mistake if the Illuminati wasn't planning contingencies and for worst-case scenarios. To simply turn a blind eye to all Krakoa's machinations is shortsighted at best and monumentally foolish at worse. In these times the Illuminati is needed more than ever, they just have to find suitable replacements for former members.
    It appears that the Illuminati are the originals but they have simply replaced Black Bolt and Xavier with T'Challa and Steve Rogers (both of whom have been Illuminati in the past anyway, just not the originals).

I can't think of who else they might invite. Reed would be reluctant to invite Doctor Doom, Captain Britain is an ally of the mutants, the Eternals just don't care about that sort of thing. Possible candidates are not available for one reason or another (Hank Pym, Bruce Banner ...)

They could use a woman, for a change, tbh.
    Last edited by Glio; 06-09-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Here's the thing about the election. The way it was handled gives us no reason to care about the people on this team. These are the people who apparently had the best pitches and reasons for wanting to be on the X-Men, and we have no idea what those reasons are. They don't get a chance to speak. All they do is pose. This was the time to tell readers who have never heard of Synch what he's about, what he wants to do as an X-Man, and they didn't even bother. We've got Cyclops' mission statement from X of Swords, and nothing from anyone else. What did this do to convince people who weren't planning to buy the new book when the team was announced last month to change their minds and support this team? What did it do to convince people who think the lineup is safe or boring that they were wrong and to give it a chance? What did it even do to add to the excitement of those who were planning to get the book? As far as I can tell, the answer to all of that is nothing. We did not need Cyclops telling his life story again and Quentin gathering people for next week's Planet-Sized issue. We needed to hear from Polaris, Synch, Sunfire, and Laura what they think and want from all of this.
    I definitely see where you’re coming from and think I would have liked more time with the members. It’s probably not that practical if Duggan is going to be the main one writing them from now on.

Does anyone know who this character is? Looks like Sersi or an older Kate Bishop.

FCE18B3C-BAFD-42F8-99F9-9A28E233B10E.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member

So laura raided the buffet non-stop... how dose she fit all that food in her

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Does anyone know who this character is? Looks like Sersi or an older Kate Bishop.

Seris. The eternals have somting similar to what jeans doing

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Does anyone know who this character is? Looks like Sersi

It is

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So laura raided the buffet non-stop... how dose she fit all that food in her
    The same way anyone else does
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-09-2021 at 12:04 PM.