Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X-men 21 Review/Spoiler - The End of an Era...

The issue starts off with Namor outside during the reception. A Madrox dupe approaches him with a drink but they are interrupted by Charles and Magneto. They offer him a QC seat. Namor lets them know that he is a real king that controls 70% of the planet and they just have an island. He wants them to get backt o him when they have more to offer

10:15 - Election: Scott and Jean are ready to announce the results of the election. Jean TP connects to all mutants on Earth as she tells them the results and asks the new team to step forward. Rogue, Sunfire, Synch, Polaris

More Sinister Secrets:

11:35 - Exodus: Everyone is celebrating. Emma is schmoozing guests. Cyclops meets Kevin Feige and tells him his story. Emma connects everyone's minds and shows them a teaser of a new age

This has been very emotional. Hints that the Illuminati may be gathering, all beautifully drawn and showing endearing scenes of mutants poised for a new future. And a reinforcement in the ideas of the Dream of Xavier.

A good ending for the comic. Good luck, Duggan.

spoilers:
    36CA215B-A2CA-492A-A482-E550CAF4FA15.jpg
    end of spoilers

Ooo namor and the illuminati and sinster secret #55 about there being more then two councils bet the illuminati is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This has been very emotional. Hints that the Illuminati may be gathering, all beautifully drawn and showing endearing scenes of mutants poised for a new future. And a reinforcement in the ideas of the Dream of Xavier.

A good ending for the comic. Good luck, Duggan.
    Hold up...this was the last issue?

ETA: Oh yeah. For some reason I thought Duggan's title would be called something else

Astonishing Member

Surprised Sersi cameo’d. Not sure why there’s such rage at Feige showing up

I’m guessing Reed’s whisper was to let Charles know the Illuminati was back in business and that he and Hank were out (as has been pointed out, the Illuminati probably know bits and pieces of Xavier’s behind the scenes shenanigans over the years and might start adding things up)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hold up...this was the last issue?
    Yes, after this Hickman writes Inferno and Duggan writes X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    spoilers:
    36CA215B-A2CA-492A-A482-E550CAF4FA15.jpg
    end of spoilers

Ooo namor and the illuminati and sinster secret #55 about there being more then two councils bet the illuminati is one.
    Hickman is screwing with his own run? the point is that illuminatti was wrong way to eal with problems of all humanity.

One of te most bland issue of his x-men run

Looks like they were taking all the Omega level mutants somewhere. From Excalibur's issue, I'm guessing they are all in space building something? A new planet?

Generation X Reunion! I cant tell if M is jealous of Synch bc she doesnt appear happy. She's not even neutral. She just looks stank

Lorna is relieved to be free of X-Factor it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Looks like they were taking all the Omega level mutants somewhere. From Excalibur's issue, I'm guessing they are all in space building something? A new planet?
    Most of the Omegas are at the Gala

Generation X Reunion! I cant tell if M is jealous of Synch bc she doesnt appear happy. She's not even neutral. She just looks stank

Lorna is relieved to be free of X-Factor it seems
    I'd say it's pretty in-character that Monet is mad that someone of her generation is in the X-Men and it's not her.

Most of the Omegas are at the Gala
    Yeah, but towards the end they are all walking into a gate.

Interesting to see all Omega Mutants going through the portal. I'm assuming they went to Mars and something happened there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Hickman is screwing with his own run? the point is that illuminatti was wrong way to eal with problems of all humanity.

One of te most bland issue of his x-men run
    Based on the Sinister Secrets it looks like this incarnation is going back to being the superhero UN/secret backroom council* Iron Man originally planned on. I’d say Probably under T’Challa’s leadership, but I suspect Aaron’s off in his own little world

* which is, to be fair, more doable now that it’s all guys not under the X/Cosmic/Spider offices

Man i wish hickman wrote this whole event? Is he writing giant size or is that duggan?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Man i wish hickman wrote this whole event? Is he writing giant size or is that duggan?
    Duggan is writing Planet-Size X