Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Thought, would the two Emma was talking to be Inhumans.

Hidden cities used to be their jam, and they want to keep a low profile these days
    My guess is something from the Conan age.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I wonder who Sinister Secret #51 is about. Mystique is too obvious and it wouldn't make sense to include this as a secret as readers already know what she's up to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Here's the thing about the election. The way it was handled gives us no reason to care about the people on this team. These are the people who apparently had the best pitches and reasons for wanting to be on the X-Men, and we have no idea what those reasons are. They don't get a chance to speak. All they do is pose. This was the time to tell readers who have never heard of Synch what he's about, what he wants to do as an X-Man, and they didn't even bother. We've got Cyclops' mission statement from X of Swords, and nothing from anyone else. What did this do to convince people who weren't planning to buy the new book when the team was announced last month to change their minds and support this team? What did it do to convince people who think the lineup is safe or boring that they were wrong and to give it a chance? What did it even do to add to the excitement of those who were planning to get the book? As far as I can tell, the answer to all of that is nothing. We did not need Cyclops telling his life story again and Quentin gathering people for next week's Planet-Sized issue. We needed to hear from Polaris, Synch, Sunfire, and Laura what they think and want from all of this.
    There is no need for manifestos, I'd find that ridiculous.We will learn their reasons naturally and organically through the issues themselves.The X-Men should not be politicised like the QC , so imo they handled it fine.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post

So the election only involved mutants who wanted to be X-Men.
    That's logic, right. All rlections are for people who want a position. If characters don't wanna be X-Men, they will not be on the team, because,... they do not want it.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So laura raided the buffet non-stop... how dose she fit all that food in her

Seris. The eternals have somting similar to what jeans doing
    Healing Factor = Heightened metabolism. She needs them calories.

Lol did anyone notice how Mystique kept on staring over at Emma, wondering what shes plotting
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I wonder who Sinister Secret #51 is about. Mystique is too obvious and it wouldn't make sense to include this as a secret as readers already know what she's up to.
    It's about mystique because she knows X and M are fooling everyone and she can't let go of Irene's warning and maybe vow(that she made to Irene to keep the promise)

Extraordinary Member

This is one that I hope is something no one sees coming, but there are a few obvious ones like 52 is Emma and is right in this book and #53 is Apocalypse. I think only #56 and #59 are somewhat vague.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is one that I hope is something no one sees coming, but there are a few obvious ones like 52 is Emma and is right in this book and #53 is Apocalypse. I think only #56 and #59 are somewhat vague.
    And only moments after writing that it hits me that #59 is Fabian Cortez and he is probably framing Magneto.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Healing Factor = Heightened metabolism. She needs them calories.
    I think speedsters burn calories ,as per Wolverine's issue his blood and tissue has higher concentration of proteins as is , I don't think it's down to the food but who knows..wolverines are known for voracious appetite

BANNED

I think this kinda implies that Charles and Erik were pulling just strings for Mystique of whatever she is upto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think speedsters burn calories ,as per Wolverine's issue his blood and tissue has higher concentration of proteins as is , I don't think it's down to the food but who knows..wolverines are known for voracious appetite
    She may not "need" more calories but because her power keeps her in peak physical shape, she may binge just because she can and she want.

Astonishing Member

Secret 57 is about Sinister,Havok and Kwannon

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It came up in Mariko Tamaki's run of X-23.

Healingeating.jpg
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I loved the scene of the new team being chosen and coming together, the art was beautiful and the frame of Polaris smiling was touching. Hickman is certainly keeping this era intriguing dropping so many breadcrumbs...the Illuminati meeting back up definitely isn't good but I'm interested to see where that goes. Loved seeing the mini Gen X reunion and Kevin Feige's cameo was cute.