Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hope Secret 56 means Selene is vying for the seat, the bickering with Emma will be epic, here's to hoping.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I liked the issue but it felt like something was missing I guess the main event will happen on the Planet Size issue as it should be given Hickman, Duggan and Ewing worked on it together.

I think we will see more of the election and the move with the omegas in the planet Size issue so I will wait and see on that front.

What I liked about this issue was how Scottīs sees Krakoa as the opportunity to fulfill not just one dream but a lot of dreams and it has that potential in fact, itīs a nice way to reflect the main X-men perspective on Krakoa and why itīs important to them, itīs not just a new home for them itīs a new beggining and an oportunity to do what they never were able to do before and I suspect this is totally related to what happens with the Omegas on planet size, my guess is they are going to terraform a planet, maybe mars, make it full of resources and then open it to the market on earth showing their peopleīs capacity to develop new energies, present earth with possible solutions to the lack of resources and at the same time a show of powers for the elites on earth but this is a theory, maybe Planet Size is about something else.

Loved the exchange between Namor, Erik and Charles, it looks like Hickman is keeping the narrative of the Iluminati being bassically kings, representing different areas of earth while the QC of Krakoa being more like a coalition goverment so a born and raised aristocrat like Namor looks down on them but also knows their potential so heīs taking the precaution of keeping his alliance with the iluminati.

I liked Erik and Charles response to Namorīs words, because heīs not wrong in that they are not exactly building a kingdom or an Empire or at least they are not just trying to do that, they were looking to find ways to deflect the future/to change DESTINY and in the journey they are dealing with a coalition of mutant forces thatīs still fragile but big enough to be a power unto itself on earth and in space. So they donīt even need to announce they want to conquer earth to be seen like a possible danger to the status quo on earth. I guess we will see more on Planet Size, canīt wait

I was expecting Hickman to bring back the iluminati but we will see more groups around: I see the Quiet Council, Orchis council, The Iluminati and he could even bring Thanos group maybe as part of the third phase so Sinister secretīs are on point and very good to tease future stories, I guess the first secret will be about Magneto not being able to let go and hence his trial but itīs still unclear how and why it will happen.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Some intriguing set up in this issue. I liked learning more about the election process and seeing the reactions. Shiro doesn't come off as a jerk to me as much as a loner, and that he volunteered to be a team member and won suggests that he would perhaps like that to change. The Gen X panel was amazing, even if I do wish Jono and Paige had been there. M's expression in the vote reaction seems to me to be barely concealed concern for Everett. Loved the Dauterman art, Werneck was also very good. Pichelli has developed a much more stylized form, I like it, but not as much as her style about five-ish years ago. Dragotta was the odd one out, I don't think his art fit the tone. Didn't recognize any "celebrity" cameos. Looking forward to Planet Sized.

Incredible Member

I’m surprised that Hickmans’s Gala issue is merely average in terms of Gala-focused issues.

The meeting between rulers here (Prof/Mag x Namor) was less intriguing compared to Duggan’s (Emma v Doom, plus with the pure gold resulting from Captain America). Definitely interested in where Duggan goes next.

Also, isn’t Namor currently portrayed as insane or something? He’s been mad at the Avengers, Prof X, and the Invaders. So it doesn’t seem like he would go hang out with the Illuminati at a party.
    Last edited by lefthanded; 06-09-2021 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Sersi looks like Kwannon

I really wish Russell Dauterman had time to do the whole issue. It would have been majestic! I'm sure his Namor would have been GORGE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman never explained which Mondo is on Krakoa. My head canon is that OG Mondo was the original and Mondo II was in fact the clone
    I'm going to have to borrow that head canon too or I'll give myself a headache thinking about it too much. Seeing the chap in the panel as being Mondo 1.0 makes me feel a little better that two of the original Gen Xers are missing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And that helps drum up any level of interest in the book how?

They did nothing to endear a single one of these characters to anyone who isn't already a fan and nothing that in any way adds to the excitement for the upcoming book. If you don't get me interested in Synch or Polaris before the book comes out, I'm not going to be interested in picking up the book just to find out why I should be interested in them. That is supposed to be the point of having this issue to introduce them even though the team was revealed a while ago. This was their chance to hook people who were on the fence, to get those people who weren't sold upon the initial reveal and they didn't even try. Is a single person more likely to pick up X-Men #1 next month after reading X-Men #21 today? I can't see how anyone would be. The people who were already on board will stay, and that's it. If you don't care because your favorite character is in, that's fine, but if Marvel wants any new readers they have to do better than this.
    You’re acting as if it’s not a franchise book being relaunched. LOL. the interest will either come or not, with the first two issues. Better to save the character work for the book where the actual characters appear/their stories are being told.

I'm guessing they are terraforming Mars, and will move there? Namor's comment about they only ruling an island foreshadowing them ruling much more?

10:15 - Election: Scott and Jean are ready to announce the results of the election. Jean TP connects to all mutants on Earth as she tells them the results and asks the new team to step forward. Rogue, Sunfire, Synch, Polaris
    Feel like this understates how awesome this moment was. The election happens there and then -- all mutants on Earth are TP connected by Jean and can make their cases for why they want to be X-Men and then they telepathically vote

How many dangling plot threads do we have at this point? Feels like nothing of any significance has concluded with Hickman.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Sersi looks like Kwannon
    I thought that was Kwannon
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Anyone else laughed at Namor hooking up with the Illuminati maaayyybe fifteen seconds after telling off Charles and Erik?

Anyway. I liked it. Dialogue and pacing were good. Same Tier as last week's Marauders/X-Force sounds about right. That being said, holy hell did the art on the first and final portions of the book stick out like sore thumbs.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I hope Secret 56 means Selene is vying for the seat, the bickering with Emma will be epic, here's to hoping.
    Hope you are right, itīs been years since we have seen a proper Selene vs Emma fight and in this context it doesnīt make sense for Selene to just take a seat back to Emma and Sebastian.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Anyone else laughed at Namor hooking up with the Illuminati maaayyybe fifteen seconds after telling off Charles and Erik?

Anyway. I liked it. Dialogue and pacing were good. Same Tier as last week's Marauders/X-Force sounds about right. That being said, holy hell did the art on the first and final portions of the book stick out like sore thumbs.

I did, I was like wow Namor that was quick but I was expecting it, heīs way more used to deal with them than with Charles and Erik, imo, I believe this was the iluminatiīs way of telling Charles heīs off the group and they are very much working in opposition to the QC even if they donīt quite understand what Mags and X are trying to do and given the ending on Marauders with Cap and Dr Strange who were way more friendly than the others, whatever happens on planet X will just put them even more on edge.

Whatīs fun to me is that so far while Doom has been his old self he seems more open to talk with Krakoa, given heīs going to stay the night and have a dinner after the Gala so heīs been more open minded than the iluminati and thatīs so ironic to me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-09-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    How many dangling plot threads do we have at this point? Feels like nothing of any significance has concluded with Hickman.
    Too many. At least inferno is on the horizon