Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Also new mutants was implying that Laura was traumatized by what she went through in the vault so it is a bit ofna surprise for her to wanna be back on the fieldd
    I disagree with this point. Laura has never had healthy outlets for dealing with trauma, and dealing with this by NOT dealing with it and burying it under action is perfectly in-character.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She doesn't even remember what happened to her in the vault lol how can she be traumatized.
    The entire resurrection thing is bound to screw with her head. She lived a whole other life for 500 years and died. So even if from her perspective Laura never experienced it, it's still something hanging over her head. She's already struggled in the past with concepts of identity (the whole, "Do I have a soul?" thing and general clone angst) so it's easy to see how this could trigger an existential/spiritual crisis.

And see Point 1 above for how that could build up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I disagree with this point. Laura has never had healthy outlets for dealing with trauma, and dealing with this by NOT dealing with it and burying it under action is perfectly in-character.

The entire resurrection thing is bound to screw with her head. She lived a whole other life for 500 years and died. So even if from her perspective Laura never experienced it, it's still something hanging over her head. She's already struggled in the past with concepts of identity (the whole, "Do I have a soul?" thing and general clone angst) so it's easy to see how this could trigger an existential/spiritual crisis.

And see Point 1 above for how that could build up.
    From what I have read of Laura, knowing that she has any length of time with missing memories should be traumatic, given both her past and that of her father (and his experience with memory gaps). Make that missing gap be 500 years, and it might eat her alive - it would do that to many characters, but Laura worse than most.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    If they wanted Namor in the Council they should have sent Emma... that is ABC...

Overall a very good issue. Emma shined. I wonder who those mysterious women are. The Gala is going as expected. Still the Big secret to be revealed.

Very elegant election of the X-Men. The team looks great and promising. It is very interesting they all come with a "political" vision of why they want to an X-Man.

More Sinister secrets. Very good indeed.
    Well if Emma being cool with being carried by Maddrox is any indication of her pride, you can imagine Namor's. At this point Namor looks at her as 'baseborn'.I doubt she'd make a difference, at this point Selene stands a better chance charming him me thinks

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm certain...PS-XM 01 will be released and there will be an outcry from the usual suspects that "nothing is happening" "this is boring" "we already knew this"

PS-XM: We know the Omegas are on Mars doing Omega stuff...and I'd be greatly surprised if it's not terra-forming the planet for Mutants. (Duggan can still throw a curve ball...it may not only be about creating a Mars Mutant Colony) So...Is it a "big secret" and huge wonderful, unexpected surprise to us if we already rightly guessed/speculated it?

SWORD 06: Seems to be the only one of the Red issues that we have no clue what will happen. So there is that to look forward to...at least for some of us.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2021 at 05:29 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Read this but Cota #4 is my book of the week.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This Laura doesn't have 100-plus years of hidden memories from her time in the Vault. That Laura died so that Ev could escape and give all HIS knowledge to Xavier.
    This Laura was resurrected at the back-up point prior to the Vault mission. She would have no knowledge or experience about being in the Vault.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2021 at 05:30 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

In fairness, the knowledge that you are lacking that 100 year life could cause a fairly substantial existential crisis

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    In fairness, the knowledge that you are lacking that 100 year life could cause a fairly substantial existential crisis
    500 years. And that's compounded with Synch remembering everything, and their relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm certain...PS-XM 01 will be released and there will be an outcry from the usual suspects that "nothing is happening" "this is boring" "we already knew this"

PS-XM: We know the Omegas are on Mars doing Omega stuff...and I'd be greatly surprised if it's not terra-forming the planet for Mutants. (Duggan can still throw a curve ball...it may not only be about creating a Mars Mutant Colony) So...Is it a "big secret" and huge wonderful, unexpected surprise to us if we already rightly guessed/speculated it?

SWORD 06: Seems to be the only one of the Red issues that we have no clue what will happen. So there is that to look forward to...at least for some of us.
    Politely disagree...

While I don't think that we have any idea where it will end? I think we have a decent idea of where it might start.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Read this but Cota #4 is my book of the week.
    I loved how this series started but the last two issues have been very ordinary, I wonder how it is currently selling ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'd say it's pretty in-character that Monet is mad that someone of her generation is in the X-Men and it's not her.
    Interesting.
    I interpreted Monet's expression as her being annoyed by Skin and Mondo "making a scene". Acting "immature" you know?
    She has a big important job with X-Corp after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Interesting.
    I interpreted Monet's expression as her being annoyed by Skin and Mondo "making a scene". Acting "immature" you know?
    She has a big important job with X-Corp after all.
    Yupp. This was my take as well. And so reminiscent and true of those early Gen-X days where she was "Queen of decorum".

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Why would Laura (or anyone for that matter) care about something she never had or experienced? The fact that she never experienced those centuries or remember them means they have no personal, emotional value, for her. This "new" Laura never went into the Vault.

I can see Ev having more difficulty assimilating those memories and experiences, and his love for laura, because he's essentially a young adult with the life experiences of someone who lived for 500 years. That might be more traumatic.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I loved how this series started but the last two issues have been very ordinary, I wonder how it is currently selling ?.
    No idea. I just buy on comixology and give my rating when i'm done. This book makes me want to post beyond just pictures. It makes me want to talk about it even though i don't want to talk about Marvel and X-men. I don't know like i actually feel bad i didn't do a cota review because i think this book deserves it. It was the weakest of all the issues but still stronger than Excalibur, X-men 21, and the other books i read.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely disagree...

While I don't think that we have any idea where it will end? I think we have a decent idea of where it might start.
    I don't read up on a lot of the speculation in here so can you tell me what idea you might have? Because I didn't get anything really from the prev-pages and the little tid-bits here and there about Storm being in the story (something to do with mysterium, we all guessed from that first RoX teaser image)