Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The ending with Rictor just boggles my mind. In response to the weirdly civil and proper way the UK government ended relations with Krakoa, Rictor walks off and commits an act of war by trying to annex part of the UK. Even if people would be upset at losing the medicine, literally removing part of the country is a pretty good way to get everyone to hate you. Its like, the clearest, most direct act of war a country can do, and done publicly against one of the leading superpowers in the world. That's a major escalation of what was going on, and its probably not going to be treated as anywhere near as big a deal as it actually would be.
    But then they went and killed a mutant to access a Krakoan gate, which belongs to a sovereign, UN-recognized country. So as far as I'm concerned their weirdly civil and proper ending of relations was just a front. They were in full attack mode as soon as they left the Gala.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The ending with Rictor just boggles my mind. In response to the weirdly civil and proper way the UK government ended relations with Krakoa, Rictor walks off and commits an act of war by trying to annex part of the UK. Even if people would be upset at losing the medicine, literally removing part of the country is a pretty good way to get everyone to hate you. Its like, the clearest, most direct act of war a country can do, and done publicly against one of the leading superpowers in the world. That's a major escalation of what was going on, and its probably not going to be treated as anywhere near as big a deal as it actually would be.
    Rictor is really insufferable when written by Tini. Krakoa has been commiting acts of war for some time, but everyone let it slide because they give them drugs

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly some fans will call any interaction between two characters of the same gender that isn't making out queerbait. Not every fan ship can be canon.
    This one is hard to know if it is queerbait, maybe the writer just wanted to show friendship. You see a friend being sad and dance with them to elevate the spirits.
    Only reading the script is possible to say if it is queerbait.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Perhaps, then the question becomes how long and how many more mistakes will she make before she starts addressing them, and will the writer get the time to address all of them and will the result be good or bungled...I don't have much if any faith in the writer to fix things...
    It doesn't look like the writer think Betsy did wrong things
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-12-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne could do that, but it’s Captain Britain’s job. Betsy is going to have to prove herself.

I think Tini had Betsy make some strategic mistakes so that it would be imperative that she prove herself by addressing them.
    Oh, absolutely.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That's the way you're supposed to write a story. Its basic plot structure. But this is issue 21, and Betsy has looked like an incompetent rube since almost the beginning, and hasn't ever proven herself or even realized she's made mistakes. So at this point I feel like the writer just doesn't realize how bad she looks.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly some fans will call any interaction between two characters of the same gender that isn't making out queerbait. Not every fan ship can be canon.
    While dancing with the girl in the extreme S&M outfit, Betsy says the large phallic object she owns misses her.
    Howard isn't very subtle.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    While dancing with the girl in the extreme S&M outfit, Betsy says the large phallic object she owns misses her.
    Howard isn't very subtle.
    And now I just spilled my morning coffee LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    And now I just spilled my morning coffee LOL
    Then my work here is done.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, from the perspective of a Marvel Universe UK citizen going from Brian to Elizabeth has been a straight up downgrade. Just from the events they're aware of it doesn't look good at all. For those aware of the moves she's made in and related to Otherworld? She has consistently functioned as a Krakoan tool for expansion and control. Sort of like wearing the UK's flag while doing the work of another country. Of course people would be immediately distrusting and bring up the question if she's actually loyal.
    Captain Britain primarily resides in and is as a practical matter primarily loyal to a nation whose has the basic belief of “We will bury you” that has always been in Xavier’s teachings.

Even without installing her murderous slaver of a brother on Avalon’s throne* on the grounds that it’s the rightful property of mutantdom; that’s plenty of reason to be suspicious of Betsy

* Arthur’s a British pensioner, have they checked Malaga?

As a UK resident, I don't support the closing of the gates to Krakoa: how will I be able to attend the next Hellfire Gala now?

As a UK resident, I don't support the closing of the gates to Krakoa: how will I be able to attend the next Hellfire Gala now?
    Well as you aren't a mutant or were invited, I guess you can visit the Gala in your dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Well as you aren't a mutant or were invited, I guess you can visit the Gala in your dreams!
    But I've been eating nothing but chicken for months now to show abs to wear what the other mutant boys are wearing *crying*

But I've been eating nothing but chicken for months now to show abs to wear what the other mutant boys are wearing *crying*
    To be fair Krakoa is so diverse you probably won't look out of place. Travel to Otherworld(despite Betsy's opinions, there are many ways to get there), tell Saturnyne that you might be able to set up a date between her and Brian if she can send you there for the gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    To be fair Krakoa is so diverse you probably won't look out of place. Travel to Otherworld(despite Betsy's opinions, there are many ways to get there), tell Saturnyne that you might be able to set up a date between her and Brian if she can send you there for the gala.
    Either that or she'll erase me out of existence LOL

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Either that or she'll erase me out of existence LOL
    Or ropes you into being her "listener" as she drunkenly drones on and on about how Brian does not love her...which is infinitely worse.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

That's the way you're supposed to write a story. Its basic plot structure. But this is issue 21, and Betsy has looked like an incompetent rube since almost the beginning, and hasn't ever proven herself or even realized she's made mistakes. So at this point I feel like the writer just doesn't realize how bad she looks.
    Even with "the old Parker luck," Spider-Man doesn't go 20 issues between wins (although I don't want to talk about the Kindred nonsense)