Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Selene Appreciation 2021

I hope this year we see an arc with Selene shinning like the terrifying villain she is

[/url]
    Last edited by darkalamator; 01-03-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I hope we see this masterpiece of a character a lot more as well. Chef’s kiss!

Astonishing Member

If this era ends without Hickman or any other writer giving Selene the spotlight it'll be wasted potential. I feel like she would be the perfect liaison to the Arakki mutants since I'm pretty sure she's older than every mutant on that island. Let's see Isca try to flex on Selene the way she flexed on Mags and Xavier.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    If this era ends without Hickman or any other writer giving Selene the spotlight it'll be wasted potential. I feel like she would be the perfect liaison to the Arakki mutants since I'm pretty sure she's older than every mutant on that island. Let's see Isca try to flex on Selene the way she flexed on Mags and Xavier.
    Fully agree, and seeing how Hickman weaveas world building threads, we learnt of a whole mutant society through Apooc,I feel Selene is the perfect candidate to introduce the Neo, just introduce her as an elder Neo or the first Neo, maybe have a story that she was a priestess worshipping the First Fallen who asked her to exile her people into his collection for the gift of immortality.However a few who were no exiled and hid ,made it their duty to release their people from the 'prison' of the first fallen and through finding specific arcane artefacts (write it like a long drawn out Indiana Jones/Lara Croft like quest).The goal is once they are released, they will come for her and de facto Krakoa to seek vengeance as they were an incredibly powerful civilization betrayed by her. There is a great potential story here
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-04-2021 at 03:34 AM.

I agree. It is so weird that Selene is not getting more spotlight and gets integrated into the Arakki narrative. Maybe she was feeding on the Arakki mutants in the past and is considered their greatest enemy?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I agree. It is so weird that Selene is not getting more spotlight and gets integrated into the Arakki narrative. Maybe she was feeding on the Arakki mutants in the past and is considered their greatest enemy?
    I mean it only makes sense lol especially if you remember the fact that Arakki mutants dabble in demon summoning and the dark arts. This island was built for Selene! Give her a year and she'll be ruling over the Great Ring.

Unfortunately considering she wasn't on the banner for Reign X she'll probably just be underutilized again this year.

She is such a great villain that she shouldn't be overused or watered down, but it's time for her to make a comeback as the baddest b!t#$ she is. Selene should always be up there with Sinister, apocalypse and the Shadow King as the X-Men "Aw $h##" villain that's a total nightmare, but for whatever reason, she wasn't threated as such.

Now in this new era, she's still being ignored or underutilized. Put her on the Council!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    She is such a great villain that she shouldn't be overused or watered down, but it's time for her to make a comeback as the baddest b!t#$ she is. Selene should always be up there with Sinister, apocalypse and the Shadow King as the X-Men "Aw $h##" villain that's a total nightmare, but for whatever reason, she wasn't threated as such.

Now in this new era, she's still being ignored or underutilized. Put her on the Council!
    I could see her on the council in the Mystique/Sinister/Exodus section. But I can’t see her next to Charles and Magneto and caring so much about Krakoa overall.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

She would have been my first choice to replace tPoS for Black Queen of Hellfire Bay had things played out differently (I could just see her walking up to Blackstone and completely reconfiguring it to her personal aesthetics)...Plus it would have been really cool to have three ruling Queens on the Council. Oh well...Sigh.

She should be asked to take o--[A]--o's vacated seat, though.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She would have been my first choice to replace tPoS for Black Queen of Hellfire Bay had things played out differently (I could just see her walking up to Blackstone and completely reconfiguring it to her personal aesthetics)...Plus it would have been really cool to have three ruling Queens on the Council. Oh well...Sigh.

She should be asked to take o--[A]--o's vacated seat, though.
    I was wondering if we would see Selene on Arakko's council as one of the as-yet hidden members.

One of my few complaints is that she is under used... Excalibur is doing magic, and Arakki specialize in demon sunmmoning... let the girl shine
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was wondering if we would see Selene on Arakko's council as one of the as-yet hidden members.
    I don't see how, logically and logistically...as Arakko has up until very recently been existing in a demon dimension for thousands of years. Canonically, Selene has been on Earth all her very long life since her birth sometime before the Hyborian Age.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't see how, logically and logistically...as Arakko has up until very recently been existing in a demon dimension for thousands of years. Canonically, Selene has been on Earth all her very long life since her birth sometime before the Hyborian Age.
    Yeah, I suppose.....but I think she would fit on Arakko and could hatch her evil schemes!

The fact that we havent seen Selene scheming yet is a travesty. She needs to find a way to get Apocalypse' vacant council seat

No scheming necessary.

While the others are debating who to fill o--[A]--o's seat, Selene just walk's in and sits down. Without saying a single word.

Magneto looks at Xavier.
    Xavier looks at Magneto.
    The other Council members are speechless except Emma...she's like, internally: "Yes, Bitch!"
    Xavier: Well. Now that THAT's settled. Eric, would you like to fill us in on your recent visit to SWORD?

I mean really...who is going to oppose her and tell her to leave?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-04-2021 at 04:04 PM.