Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I hated this issue. At least it didn't affect the gala, as the cover implied. At least Tini Howard did no harm to Jubes by doing nothing with Jubes.

Did Tini Howard forget the 'Captain Avalon' name, or has it been dropped as stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    For Pete Wisdom to be an investigator he's pretty trusting of proclaimed mutant haters. What an idiot move by him!
    To say the very least.

I did find myself thinking "Man, I Hope Getting Dry Gulched Like That Was A Part Of The Plan..."

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    Betsy has been a crabby bitch since the start of this series. Now Rictor is too.

Poor Shatterstar. He finally escapes being a slave and this is the welcome-home he gets? We're supposed to believe that Rictor had no idea where he's been all this time?

This was not an enjoyable read. What a chore. A whole book full of cunty hideously-dressed dolts.
    Bravo! Thank you! I’ve been getting push-back from Tini fans who are telling me to be grateful that -by the end of the issue- the pair were finally reunited. I say; No, that’s BS because it was never explained (in 20 issues) why they were apart in the first place! In fact, I highly doubt that there will be any further mention of the pair by issue 22. Who wants to lay bets?

Let’s be real here: Rictor began his introduction in issue 3 as a depressed shade-throwing drunk and, thanks to •╣Å╠• “listening” to him (??!), he somehow evolved into a lava-bending sorcerer who is king of an army of red-headed UK Druids. I love the guy, but that’s the kind of fantastical storytelling that I don’t even see in RicStar fanfiction! Tini had a chance to address Shatterstar’s plight when they visited X-Factor in issue 16, but was that done? Noooooope.

Betsy’s backhanded remark “I’m glad to see you’ve returned safely” to Shatterstar strongly implies that she, and by extension the rest of the team, must have known where he was. And this is the welcome he got?! I simply can’t believe what I’ve read.

The only thing this title has going for it is the art. The rest can **** right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Bravo! Thank you! I’ve been getting push-back from Tini fans who are telling me to be grateful that -by the end of the issue- the pair were finally reunited. I say; No, that’s BS because it was never explained (in 20 issues) why they were apart in the first place! In fact, I highly doubt that there will be any further mention of the pair by issue 22. Who wants to lay bets?

Let’s be real here: Rictor began his introduction in issue 3 as a depressed shade-throwing drunk and, thanks to •╣Å╠• “listening” to him (??!), he somehow evolved into a lava-bending sorcerer who is king of an army of red-headed UK Druids. I love the guy, but that’s the kind of fantastical storytelling that I don’t even see in RicStar fanfiction! Tini had a chance to address Shatterstar’s plight when they visited X-Factor in issue 16, but was that done? Noooooope.

Betsy’s backhanded remark “I’m glad to see you’ve returned safely” to Shatterstar strongly implies that she, and by extension the rest of the team, must have known where he was. And this is the welcome he got?! I simply can’t believe what I’ve read.

The only thing this title has going for it is the art. The rest can **** right off.
    It was realy badly written. Shatterstar was suffering and when he returns to Krakoa get the excalibur team act like he did something wrong. it is even worse that the team know he was brainwashed on Mojoverse

Rictor even talked about Shatterstar on excalibur? all the time he only talks about apocalypse

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It was realy badly written. Shatterstar was suffering and when he returns to Krakoa get the excalibur team act like he did something wrong. it is even worse that the team know he was brainwashed on Mojoverse

Rictor even talked about Shatterstar on excalibur? all the time he only talks about apocalypse
    To be fair, all we can be sure of is that they (Betsy for sure) knew 'Star was gone. Their brusque conduct at the Gala suggests they don't know what he went through on Mojoworld. One would think (hope) that X-Factor would have shared the details with Excalibur about 'Star's whole ordeal as dictated in the Transcript of Recovered Transmissions that Doug Ramsey translated, since they're now supposed to be one big ol' united Kumbaya nation who all look out for one another [eye roll]. It's pretty obvious they didn't, which really raises eyebrows. Maybe this will be covered in issue 22 but I won't hold my breath. The whole reunion was a terrible fuster-cluck and really handled terribly.

BANNED

Trashcalibur rears its head. This writing is getting offensive. Even the "sweet" Kurt/Meggan scene was trash. Shed never react so oddly toward him. This chick needs to move back to bad paperback novels.

I also do not understand Clan Akabba at all. Apocalypse is a mutant. A mutant started clan. But they are anti mutant? Dumb.

Finally, Rictor. Just stop. And the gays giving shitty writing a pass just for representation is even worse.
    Last edited by PetPigeon; 06-09-2021 at 09:23 PM.

I thought this was a good issue. I know its cool to hate on Tini (and I usually do) but this was enjoyable

Jubilee..no one wants your crying baby at the gala

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought this was a good issue. I know its cool to hate on Tini (and I usually do) but this was enjoyable

Jubilee..no one wants your crying baby at the gala
    Little dude was the only one who was actually on the clock watching Rictor's back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Little dude was the only one who was actually on the clock watching Rictor's back.
    Watching for what? His ex? No.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Watching for what? His ex? No.
    Lil' dude would know that how exactly?

All he saw was some blood-soaked rando creeping up on his boy's backside.

BANNED

I highly doubt Tini's script refrenced him pointing anywhere.

Only Tini Howard's spectacularly bad writing could make a group as boring as Akkaba be technically right on every level. They invaded Otherworld on false pretenses, overthrew someone with more of a rightful claim to the throne than they had, and installed a mad puppet ruler. Morgan is evil but its hard to call our protagonists heroes when they put Jamie in charge. Betsy has done so little throughout the series its hard to see her actions as anything but advancing Krakoan interests.

To say nothing of the entire mess of Rictor. Usually when his relationship with Shatterstar is on the rocks, is portrayed as Shatterstar as being the problem because of his warped view of the world because of his coming from Mojoverse. Here? Run, Shatterstar! You deserve better! And Rictor being feels less like a powerup and more like a step sideways. Doesn't really change anything and feels unearned.

That image of them at the end has to be an illusion. And what Rictor did was absolutely an act of war. He literally carved off a piece of British territory and claimed it as his own territory! If I blasted off a chunk of Florida and moved it out a hundred yards I couldn't call it New Kirby Land and declare myself in charge!

Even little things like Rictor addressing Shatterstar as "Gav". Did Rictor often use that name for him? I feel like he's always called him Star (or Ben, mockingly).

Just as a side note, why the hell isn't Rictor's codename Richter... which is his last name. Why did they intentionally make his codename a misspelling of the Richter Scale when Richter is already his unbelievably coincidental last name??

Ugh, my gay heart can't take the drama with Rictor. Star should find himself someone who isn't obsessed with Apocalypse's blue dick

Also, why is Meggan's hiding her pregnancy from Brian? Is the baby illegitimate? Is she having an affair with Kurt?!