Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep Doomsday Clock made it definitive that Lex is #1 and Batman is #2. King though has been implying that Holt is actually smarter than both, but he’s keeping that to himself so they underestimate him. Holt is portrayed as smarter than Batman in Strange Adventures at least.
    But what about experience?

Batman does have an edge there over Holt, so that may be the added factor.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But what about experience?

Batman does have an edge there over Holt, so that may be the added factor.
    experience in what? patrolling Gotham?

If people want to say Batman is the greatest Detective fine, but in terms of scientific prowess, research and engineering Batman shouldn't touch the top 4 when you look at all the big brains of the DC Universe.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    experience in what? patrolling Gotham?
    Crime fighting and detective work in general.

Found this on Deviantart.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy
    The Doc Savage template has run it's course, though. We like us some flaws/character balance. And that's where writers come up short on Mr. T. He's not a mary sue, but the flaws they assign him are kinda lacking (not religious, for example)
    The Doc Savage archetype is no where near from running its course. It gets under my skin that only certain characters get this misguided calls for balance. The only "Balance" should be in his personal life. (I hate the paula thing btw, absolutely not)

The reality of it is it could easily be:

Mr. Terrific: The Most Dangerous Man Alive.

So if anyone is completely misguided about the Doc Savage archetype. Iron Man and Black Panther and in some ways superman are all cut from that same cloth..

He needs more feats. Not less.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Yep Doomsday Clock made it definitive that Lex is #1 and Batman is #2. King though has been implying that Holt is actually smarter than both, but he’s keeping that to himself so they underestimate him. Holt is portrayed as smarter than Batman in Strange Adventures at least.
    There's just no way in hell that Batman should be on par with Terrific in anyway. Maybe Martial Arts, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Crime fighting and detective work in general.
    yeah, but that wouldn't have any bearing on intelligence
    The J-man

Here’s a controversial take I’m interested in getting other peoples opinions on: I think Holt would be better off without the dead wife. I don’t really think the fridging adds anything to his character, and if I got the chance to make a rebooted version of Holt, I would simply erase his wife entirely. For me I think Holt could easily work as a character who went off and achieved every possible academic (his PhDs) and physical (Olympic Gold Medals) award humanely possible, and found himself unfulfilled. Then superheroes start to emerge and Holt sees a new challenge for himself: becoming the greatest hero ever. Basically how RDJ looked at action movie protagonists and said “I could do that” and then went on to be the heart of the largest film franchise ever, Holt decided to do that same thing but as a superhero. He should start off egotistical as hell, but talented enough to back it all up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Found this on Deviantart.

Nah man, Isaiah is the perfect John Stewart.

The perfect Michael Holt is Nate Parker. He has that rectangular skull

If only he wasn't an accused rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah man, Isaiah is the perfect John Stewart.

The perfect Michael Holt is Nate Parker. He has that rectangular skull

If only he wasn't an accused rapist.
    I'm more comfortable going with the guy who isn't an accused rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm more comfortable going with the guy who isn't an accused rapist.
    Cmon dude, I didn't say DC should cast him. I just said he was perfect for the role. I myself pointed out his accusations. Anyway, I don't really see Isaiah Mustafa for the role of Michael Holt.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-09-2021 at 01:17 AM.

Here’s a controversial take I’m interested in getting other peoples opinions on: I think Holt would be better off without the dead wife. I don’t really think the fridging adds anything to his character, and if I got the chance to make a rebooted version of Holt, I would simply erase his wife entirely. For me I think Holt could easily work as a character who went off and achieved every possible academic (his PhDs) and physical (Olympic Gold Medals) award humanely possible, and found himself unfulfilled. Then superheroes start to emerge and Holt sees a new challenge for himself: becoming the greatest hero ever. Basically how RDJ looked at action movie protagonists and said “I could do that” and then went on to be the heart of the largest film franchise ever, Holt decided to do that same thing but as a superhero. He should start off egotistical as hell, but talented enough to back it all up.
    I disagree. I think his dead family adds pathos to the character. Even somebody that smart and that accomplished still faced a huge tragedy that he couldn't prevent is a powerful message. I think what's necessary is to add more depth to his wife so she's not just the 'dead wife'.

In fact, I think Strange Adventures used Nate Parker as the model for Michael Holt.

Will you cut it out with this Nate Parker nonsense? Nobody wants to associate Michael Holt with a known rapist. What's next? Cyborg looks like young Bill Cosby? Even in the scans you posted above Holt looks more like Johnathan Majors than he does Nate Parker. Never mind that fact that Holt is most often drawn to resemble Denzel Washington anyway. If you disagree with the last two sentences, then lets just agree to disagree.

I don't know man, I didn't really think this seemed like I was praising him or "campaigning for him". I was just fascinated by the aesthetic resemblance. But yeah it makes sense that I probably shouldn't have brought him up considering the accusations. Well said.

I'm surprised by the Denzel Washington comparison but I suppose I can see it.