Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

I really love this character and love the way he's drawn in Strange Adventures. He's a complete badass and is definitely worthy of A-list territory. His character could almost do anything story wise and never seem out of place. I know a lot of people love the science aspect of his character but I love the espionage stuff he did in Checkmate. I wouldn't mind a Tom King solo with Mister Terrific. Regarding a question made earlier pertaining to a romantic interest, I think Holt and Manhunter (Kate Spencer) could be interesting. Unfortunately, Holt isn't in the new Checkmate series so I won't be reading. Mister Terrific is simply... Terrific!!! Loved JSA vs Kobra. This guy is one of my all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I really love this character and love the way he's drawn in Strange Adventures. He's a complete badass and is definitely worthy of A-list territory. His character could almost do anything story wise and never seem out of place. I know a lot of people love the science aspect of his character but I love the espionage stuff he did in Checkmate. I wouldn't mind a Tom King solo with Mister Terrific. Regarding a question made earlier pertaining to a romantic interest, I think Holt and Manhunter (Kate Spencer) could be interesting. Unfortunately, Holt isn't in the new Checkmate series so I won't be reading. Mister Terrific is simply... Terrific!!! Loved JSA vs Kobra. This guy is one of my all time favorites.
    Good point. He's a Reed Richards level of super genius so he could handle himself in a story with cosmic gods but also he's just a human with no powers so he can even do street level stories.

Terrific definitely needs to get an HBO Max show!

He’ll be in the Injustice animated movie so at least he’s getting more exposure there. Man I’d love a Terrifics cartoon series or a movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm kind of concerned about the Injustice movie. The one thing I expect from Mr. Terrific is to be highly competent, and I feel that writers will have some of the characters act a little dumber than usual for the sake of the plot.
    The J-man

So according to Vordan and others Michael comes off looking okay in the new Injustice movie and Strange Adventures is still going strong.
    Last edited by Jabare; 10-09-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    The J-man

Always feel like Holt is on the cusp of breaking out, DC just needs to make a big media project with him in it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So given the events of Strange Adventure 12 does anyone think we'll get a follow up series with Michael as the lead?

So given the events of Strange Adventure 12 does anyone think we'll get a follow up series with Michael as the lead?
    From the sounds of it that was basically what it was. Especially if you were reading for a hero.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

He's the only one who comes across well. He's great in it. Everyone else gets pretty well shit on.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I hope so, King is a good fit for him. Don’t want it to just be him taking care of Aleea though, he’s gotta have stuff in his own life going on.

I like Aleea and the concept of her becoming Terrific's side kick.

I don't mind this story being canon either. It's a Multiverse after all and maybe Aleea ends up going with 'our' Mr Terrific.

"Well, she's technically with a Mr Terrific, just not me." -Michael explaining this to Alanna.

Maybe as part of the King-verse.

I really loved the way the artist drew Michael in this series. I'd like the same creative time on a Terrific series.

I really loved the way the artist drew Michael in this series. I'd like the same creative time on a Terrific series.
    Gerads? I like him but of the two I like Shaner more. Really like his Terrific:

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gerads? I like him but of the two I like Shaner more. Really like his Terrific:

I like them for completely different things so it's kinda hard to compare two. as a dramatic lead man characterization, Gerads is probably my favorite artist on Mr Terrific thus far; his Michael feels very charismatic and aspirational. he felt like the A list protagonist of Strange Adventures every time he was on panel. however, admittedly, Shaner's style is far more light and expressive and I would far prefer that in like a fun action adventure type story with Michael.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."