Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Also, I highly recommend people start reading Strange Adventures. We're getting some good Mr. Terrific moments

[/QUOTE]

Mr. Terrific has been, well...TERRIFIC in Strange Adventures! Definitely one his best comic book appearances.

I've said it many times, but Terrific is a character who I would love to see get a HBO Max series. A dimension hopping super-science superhero adventure show. Kinda like a more comic book-y less insane Rick and Morty.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually that might work to Holt’s advantage as a character, everyone mostly sees Batman as some edgy loner who sticks to Gotham to fight madmen. Where as Holt can go anywhere and do anything, put him in the JSA or the Justice League or his own team? Sure. Have him be a multiverse adventurer? Why not. Have him guard the multiverse and be called when very question of science in the universe is at stake? Hell yeah, do it.

Holt has the capacity to be anything because he’s not weighed down by the expectations of past history.
    Mr. Terrific has always been on the outer peripheral for me. Last few post, including yours is starting to sell him to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Mr. Terrific has always been on the outer peripheral for me. Last few post, including yours is starting to sell him to me.
    I recommend the thirty issue run of the Terrifics as a good recent starting place, he has older adventures but it helps set him as a multiversal hero.

Also after today's Flash issue I have determined Holt's true adversary...angry wives. Linda basically chewed him out over the phone, and he was definitely not going to tick her off anymore.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Infinite Frontier Preview #1 is up

The J-man

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Infinite Frontier Preview #1 is up

Terrific makes sense on a multiverse super team. Savage, Talia, and Hawkgirl not so much.

So how many of you guys like the Terrific/PG pairing? Do you want it brought back or do you want them to remain friends? Is there anyone one you want to see Terrific hook up with?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    Mr. terrific is pretty powerful. Cyborg is still my favorite character but i have grown to like Mr. Terrific as well as john Stewart on this forum. It's sad that DC's writers and fans, generally speaking, just want to pigeon hole characters as they are when they first appeared. So Mr. Terrific will only be associated with the JSA and not as an individual character which will make it harder for him to have a solo project. Cyborg has that problem too. Fans mostly only want to associate him with the Teen titans which will make it harder for him to have another shot at a solo project. I would like to see a Mr. Terrific/Cyborg mini-series were they spare with their brains and whit in a friendly type of way. Maybe war games. Mr. terrific is obviously smarter than Cyborg at this point in time atleast from what has been shown in paper. But because Cyborg brain is part cybernetic and reconstructed from a Mother Box made by a God I would say that he has the potential to be the smartest out of everyone in the DC Universe and even more powerful than Darkseid since the entire Universe is composed up of numbers according to the fibonacci sequence. And at the heart of Computer Science are numbers. I have a fan fic in my head where Cyborg's human brain is jealous of the other part of the brain that's cybernetic and starts to compete against it and evolve to become more powerful. I think that something in this realm would make a good Cyborg v Mr. terrific mini-series.
    Mr Terrific had a solo series in New52

And recently had his own teambook named after him and as the primary lead which that lasted 30 issues. Not bad!

Holt is also in Strange Adventures maxi series.

What pisses me the eff off is the new Checkmate which has neglected Holt.

Let's hope DC will give Holt another shot at a solo series, perhaps a 8 to 12 issues limited series ....and solo more mini-series tie ins into events.
    Last edited by Besouro; 06-25-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So how many of you guys like the Terrific/PG pairing? Do you want it brought back or do you want them to remain friends? Is there anyone one you want to see Terrific hook up with?
    I really like the PG/MT pairing because of the brilliant dynamic they have as a pair where one has raw power/superpowers and the other has raw super-skills/intelligence. Combined as they make a truly formidable superhero pair matching Supes/Bats, add a lasting love relationship between them only sweetens their dynamic making them more unique from Supes/Bats.

With PG/MT, u get the powers/intellegence dynamic of Supes/Bats pair AND the superhero love couple pair of Green Arrow/Black Canary combined... Of course it goes without saying that the writing and characterisation between PG and MT has to be good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I would like your opinion on the Mister Terrific brief solo series from New 52 and his team book The TERRIFICS.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Also, I highly recommend people start reading Strange Adventures. We're getting some good Mr. Terrific moments

Mr. Terrific has been, well...TERRIFIC in Strange Adventures! Definitely one his best comic book appearances.

I've said it many times, but Terrific is a character who I would love to see get a HBO Max series. A dimension hopping super-science superhero adventure show. Kinda like a more comic book-y less insane Rick and Morty.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!!!!!

The solo series wasn't great. I didn't love the new character design or the writing, but it's been a while since I read that run, so maybe I need a refresher. However, in the last 3 to 5 years, Mr. Terrific has been written pretty well.

I'm slightly annoyed, Mr. Terrific isn't part of the new Checkmate, and I'm not interested in that roster.

In comic continuity, the pairing doesn't work, especially Pre-New 52. It was fine in the New 52 since they threw out all the pre-established histories.

I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I haven't read a story that made me love the pairing.

Honestly, I don't know who I'd pair him with; given how he's written these days coupled with the tragedy of his wife's death, it'd probably take some time for him to open up to someone. He seems more focused on his studies these days. It'd be helpful if that love interest is a genius with a good moral code.

Shay Veritas is a genius, but her morals are a little questionable. The perfect pairing iss his wife
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-25-2021 at 05:17 AM.
    The J-man

By the way, looks like Solicits were right and Holt is handing those big bucks to Mr. West.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Didn't read the Mr. Terrific series back in the New52, but from what I think I remember reading in the Worlds' Finest series back then, wasn't Kara more interested in getting Holt's technology so she and Helena could find their way back to Earth 2?

Was there really any sort of "love connection" there, or was she just stringing him along until she could get what she really wanted?

Speaking of Must reads: what about Checkmate?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.