Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So how many of you guys like the Terrific/PG pairing? Do you want it brought back or do you want them to remain friends? Is there anyone one you want to see Terrific hook up with?
    No to that; they should remain just fiends and it never happened. He had that thing with Sasha Bordeaux or whatever her name was. Don't know if she's even still around.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't read the Mr. Terrific series back in the New52, but from what I think I remember reading in the Worlds' Finest series back then, wasn't Kara more interested in getting Holt's technology so she and Helena could find their way back to Earth 2?

Was there really any sort of "love connection" there, or was she just stringing him along until she could get what she really wanted?
    No, there wasn't. He wasn't interested, and neither was she. At least in his own series. She (the vastly dumbed down version of her in the nu52) needed him to build that tech, and he needed her for....well, obvious reasons.

Really want to read the Terrifics(and I am a physical copy, ideally hard cover reader).

I see all 4 volumes are available in trade paperback.

Any word on a hard copy collection or is the consensus that will never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Speaking of Must reads: what about Checkmate?
    Haven't read it, but how do you feel about Bendis?

And to get back on topic here, do people think Bendis would be able to write Mr. Terrific decently?

Didn't read the Mr. Terrific series back in the New52, but from what I think I remember reading in the Worlds' Finest series back then, wasn't Kara more interested in getting Holt's technology so she and Helena could find their way back to Earth 2?

Was there really any sort of "love connection" there, or was she just stringing him along until she could get what she really wanted?
    They weren't actually a pair in that New 52 series but it's the first time the possibility of them being romantically/sexually linked was brought up.

the best love interest I've seen for Mr. Terric was the alternate universe version of his wife. His wife was his soul mate which makes his origin so tragic. If you paired him with

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post
    Really want to read the Terrifics(and I am a physical copy, ideally hard cover reader).

I see all 4 volumes are available in trade paperback.

Any word on a hard copy collection or is the consensus that will never happen?
    never say never. It might not be soon but I wou;dn't be surprised when it shows up

Speaking of Must reads: what about Checkmate?
    the new Checkmate? I don't think Terrifics in that one, but he was in Volume 2, in 2006 after The OMAC Project and Infinite Crisis
    The J-man

Haven't read it, but how do you feel about Bendis?

And to get back on topic here, do people think Bendis would be able to write Mr. Terrific decently?
    I liked Bendis's early work for the most part, although I have some specific criticisms for his work. At this point, when you see Bendis's name on a comic, you know what to expect. He usually sets up interesting premises; however, some situations can be a little forced or contrived. His character dialogue is usually comical but can often rub longtime readers the wrong way. He tends to have characters speak colloquially, which is not for every reader either. If you're a stickler for power levels, you'll probably have some nitpicks with how he handles certain characters, specifically more obscure characters.

I'm usually not a fan of how he writes super-geniuses. So I'm a little wary of how he'd write Mr. Terrific. At times Bendis has gotten away with having some of the supreme intellects at Marvel do some stupid things. My guess is, he decides to bring everyone down a notch to try to humanize them or make them relatable. He name-dropped Mr. Terrific in the previous Justice League issue, but he doesn't make an appearance.
    The J-man

Haven't read it, but how do you feel about Bendis??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the new Checkmate? I don't think Terrifics in that one, but he was in Volume 2, in 2006 after The OMAC Project and Infinite Crisis
    I was talking about Checkmate by Rucka. And no, I dont think Bendis has the skill to write Terrific.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I was talking about Checkmate by Rucka. And no, I dont think Bendis has the skill to write Terrific.
    Rucka's Checkmate was from quite a while ago (though I believe there were collected versions issued three-or-four years ago?); since the new Checkmate series by Bendis just recently had its first issue released, I thought you might have been referring to that.

Honestly, I'd have to reread that run. I liked it at the time, it features lesser-known DC characters. Not sure how it's aged given the current global climate. I remember it being kind of like the United Nations meets spycraft.
    The J-man

My $0.02: Mr Terrific doesn't need a love interest beyond his passed away wife.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My $0.02: Mr Terrific doesn't need a love interest beyond his passed away wife.
    What about his multiversal wife that he reconnected with in The Terrifics?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What about his multiversal wife that he reconnected with in The Terrifics?
    that's his wife, which is why it works. Paula is his true love

The J-man

If Mr. Terrific makes a movie live action debut, who would you like to see in the role?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If Mr. Terrific makes a movie live action debut, who would you like to see in the role?
    I feel like Omari Hardwick would work given what I have seen of him in the past. I feel like he would fit the build of someone as athletic as Holt, especially his scene from Strange Adventures where he slaps someone. If we wanted a younger actor maybe LaKeith Stanfield.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-26-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.