Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    If Mr. Terrific makes a movie live action debut, who would you like to see in the role?
    John Boyega, Kelvin Harris Jr., or Damson Idris

5 years ago I would've probably said Donald Glover but he's a little older than the Mr. Terrific I imagine DC would go with on the big screen since he's almost 40; also iunno if he's the type to sign on to a franchises like that. however, if they wanted to go the route if a comfortably experienced Michael I'd be down for him to take the role still.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

If Mr. Terrific makes a movie live action debut, who would you like to see in the role?
    I'd probably prefer a fresh face, but I'm sure several actors could pull off a good Mr. Terrific with the right script.

Lakeith Stanfield isn't built like an athlete (if you want to nitpick) but he's a great actor with a good presence, who could pull off a highly competent, composed and genius-level character.

Maybe Aldis Hodge. I think a lot of actors could pull him off. I'd be more concerned about the script and the director. Don't get me wrong you want the best actor, but those DC movie scripts aren't always the best.
    Last edited by Jabare; 06-26-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd probably prefer a fresh face, but I'm sure several actors could pull off a good Mr. Terrific with the right script.

Lakeith Stanfield isn't built like an athlete (if you want to nitpick) but he's a great actor with a good presence, who could off a highly competent, composed and genius-level character.

Maybe Aldis Hodge. I think a lot of actors could pull him off. I'd be more concerned about the script and the director. Don't get me wrong you want the best actor, but those DC movie scripts aren't always the best.
    You know what you are 100% right on that, got to start thinking of directors then. I’d personally throw in Ryan Coogler, and not because he did Black Panther but because he did Creed. Someone who can pull off a good drama based off ring fighting could bring that “fair play” edge that Holt needs to live action.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I always thought he was drawn to resemble Denzel Washington. But that's not possible now. Aldis Hodge was my pick before he got cast as Hawkman.

Not sure who I would cast now. Colman Domingo?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I always thought he was drawn to resemble Denzel Washington. But that's not possible now. Aldis Hodge was my pick before he got cast as Hawkman.

Not sure who I would cast now. Colman Domingo?
    Wait Aldis Hodge is Hawkman?! When?! In what?!

Yes a young Denzel would have been amazing as Mr. Terrific, but that ship has sailed
    The J-man

Wait Aldis Hodge is Hawkman?! When?! In what?!

Yes a young Denzel would have been amazing as Mr. Terrific, but that ship has sailed
    What?? You didn't know? Aldis Hodge was cast last year as Hawkman and is going to appear opposite the Rock in Black Adam:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...o-play-hawkman
    https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...-adam-hawkman/

I would have also said Aldis Hodge but he's playing Hawkman. Other than that, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What?? You didn't know? Aldis Hodge was cast last year as Hawkman and is going to appear opposite the Rock in Black Adam:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...o-play-hawkman
    https://www.menshealth.com/entertain...-adam-hawkman/
    Hawkman tho? Well, I hope it works out for him. If it's a successful take they'll probably change comic Hawkman because that character is all over the place
    The J-man

Last edited by Jabare; 06-29-2021 at 03:09 AM.
    The J-man

Hawkman tho? Well, I hope it works out for him. If it's a successful take they'll probably change comic Hawkman because that character is all over the place
    I doubt it. Unlike Marvel, DC barely does movie synergy. If they did, characters like Deadshot or Black Canary would have been racebended in the comics. So Hawkman and Cyclone will also stay as white people in the comics.

The J-man

And the Flash today continues to show why Mister Terrific is an awesome character, just a generally great character that dc needs to do more with. Also someone add the title of worlds greatest boss.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

DC's Injustice Animated Movie First Look and Voice Cast Revealed
    The animated iteration of Injustice has amassed an excellent cast and will star Justin Hartley as Superman, Anson Mount as Batman, Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna, Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen, Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern, Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg, Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc, Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man, Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn, Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash, and Shazam, and Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman. It will also star Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent, Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman, Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz, Faran Tahir as Ra's al Ghul, Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom, Janet Varney as Wonder Woman, and Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier.
    https://movieweb.com/injustice-movie...ok-voice-cast/
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

I doubt it. Unlike Marvel, DC barely does movie synergy. If they did, characters like Deadshot or Black Canary would have been racebended in the comics. So Hawkman and Cyclone will also stay as white people in the comics.
    In fairness, neither of those movies were well received and they would have to change characters several decades old.

But Floyd's the only movie character bad ass enough to kill his synergy self

First appearance of him for me, I liked him right away lol. I liked his cockiness, that he wasn’t above a little trash talk.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/