Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Question Why is everyone upset about the United States of Captain America?

Hi guys

Ever since the announcement, the United States of Captain America comic book has been getting a lot of hatred among comic book fans and comic book sites, with Screen Rant writing a sarcastic article, at least that's what I assume it was.

But why do you guys think that happened?

I, for one, don't find a problome with it. I'm stright and I'm not part of the lgbt community but I don't see any harm in it as long as it doens't harm a main character in the main continuity or the main continuity itself.

For example, a while back I read an article on CBR about 10, or maybe 9, homosexiual relationships should become canon. One of them was a relationship between Logan and Hercules. This is a terrible idea, since anyone who knows anything about comics knows that all of Logan's relationships were with women, with Jean Gray being one of the iconic rleationships in comics history. Making that relationship canon won't only defy thee character's history, but it will also won't make sense.

But this series is harmless in the grand skeem of things, it doesn't affect the Captain America legacy or Roggers himself, and it doesn't affect the main continuity.

What do you guys think?

I haven't read the issue or the online hate/criticism so I can't comment on that yet. It's more likely that a majority of people don't hate the title and it's just a vocal minority.

To your comment about Wolverine, I don't see why he couldn't be bisexual.
    The J-man

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I haven't read the issue or the online hate/criticism so I can't comment on that yet. It's more likely that a majority of people don't hate the title and it's just a vocal minority.

To your comment about Wolverine, I don't see why he couldn't be bisexual.
    In regard to Wolverine's sexuality, I'll be happy to debate it with you

You see, Logan's romance has always been with females in the main continuity. His relationship with Jean and Mariko Yashida have been part of his character and identity.
    Logan is a lost soul who is seen as a wild animal, but inside his a kind and gentle man that only a few know about this side of his.

Having him being bisexual won't fit his character or his history and will cause more questions then answers. It won't work on him like it worked with Constantine, Iceman, or how Marvel is hinting with the Black Cat. These guys have explanations, Constantine because of his history, Black Cat because of her romantic failure with Spiderman, and it just flat out works with Iceman. With Logan, it's different, his life has always been rough and has found solitude with either Jean or Mariko.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post

You see, Logan's romance has always been with females in the main continuity. His relationship with Jean and Mariko Yashida have been part of his character and identity.
    Logan is a lost soul who is seen as a wild animal, but inside his a kind and gentle man that only a few know about this side of his.

Having him being bisexual won't fit his character or his history and will cause more questions then answers. It won't work on him like it worked with Constantine, Iceman, or how Marvel is hinting with the Black Cat. These guys have explanations, Constantine because of his history, Black Cat because of her romantic failure with Spiderman, and it just flat out works with Iceman. With Logan, it's different, his life has always been rough and has found solitude with either Jean or Mariko.
    Maybe after being alive for 300 years he wanted to try something new?

cyclops is bottoming for logan every night
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Now this is my kind of pandering!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Pics, or it didn't happen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    The J-man

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Interesting interpretation.

I offer another possibility -- a devil's advocate, if you will. The sole directive of Logan's mutant physiology is to heal/survive by any means necessary. We all know that environment can drive a living creature's biology down any number of paths, with said creature adapting accordingly in order to meet its prime directive. Lastly, and most importantly, we all know how emotional well-being ties into our overall notion of "good health." It's partly why the idea that Wolverine has a malignant psychosis never really made sense...because one would assume that his brain would inevitably heal from any and all traumas and abnormalities.

Given all of the above, no, it's not completely far-fetched for someone like Wolverine to be bi-sexual. In fact, I'll go a step further and suggest that if Wolverine was eternally confined to a closed system with one other alpha male whom he could not kill or otherwise dominate, Logan would eventually experience changes in his hormonal balance that would effectively make him a female. This change would be the result of his body "healing" from the trauma caused by the biological incompatibility between the two remaining individuals. Crazy? Far-fetched??? Just ask frogs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

I offer another possibility -- a devil's advocate, if you will. The sole directive of Logan's mutant physiology is to heal/survive by any means necessary. We all know that environment can drive a living creature's biology down any number of paths, with said creature adapting accordingly in order to meet its prime directive. Lastly, and most importantly, we all know how emotional well-being ties into our overall notion of "good health." It's partly why the idea that Wolverine has a malignant psychosis never really made sense...because one would assume that his brain would inevitably heal from any and all traumas and abnormalities.

Given all of the above, no, it's not completely far-fetched for someone like Wolverine to be bi-sexual. In fact, I'll go a step further and suggest that if Wolverine was eternally confined to a closed system with one other alpha male whom he could not kill or otherwise dominate, Logan would eventually experience changes in his hormonal balance that would effectively make him a female. This change would be the result of his body "healing" from the trauma caused by the biological incompatibility between the two remaining individuals. Crazy? Far-fetched??? Just ask frogs.
    This is the internet, so I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. You very well could be.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This is the internet, so I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. You very well could be.
    I'm mostly just poking fun. Irrational fears and sacred cows seem to go hand in hand with this current era of comics readers.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Maybe Logan is a fish too…

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Maybe Logan is a fish too…
    Sure. Has to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I haven't read the issue
    Nobody has - USOCA hasn't even started yet!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman