Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I love a lot of Disney movies from my childhood even into adulthood. Sometimes after the 90s, either the quality dropped or my tastes changed.

Without a doubt, my very favorite Disney movie is the original THE RESCUERS from the late 1970s. Can't explain it but I love that movie.
    People's taste changes as they get into adulthood, that is just normal because we mature a lot more and begin to accept and welcome more heavier themes and harder stories in fiction and yes, that is tied also to quality because quality require more substance and substance requires deeper kind of stories which is mostly appealing in our adulthood.

While I feel modern Disney has lost a lot of their more appealing stories in my adulthood, I am still really curious to see how their live action Pinocchio film would turn out . The 1940 classic holds us well after almost 81 years.

Pinocchio 1940 still scares the living **** out of me in 2021 like it did in the 1990s seeing the film for the first time as a kid. I will forever be terrified watching a film where kids gets turned into Donkeys and start doing slave labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    If Disney wanting the movies it distributes to appeal to all four major quadrants of the moviegoing audience then I guess in your warped point of view everything that Disney distributes is created by Disney. You are not even considering that all the companies I listed have the same goals of appealing to the same demographic
    I don't understand any of this .What did I say here that is wrong?
    Last edited by Castle; 06-13-2021 at 07:00 AM.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Animated movies - Moana, the Toy Story films, The Incredibles, Fantasia

I enjoyed The Gargoyles and Kim Possible, but find most live action TV aimed at children from the period quite hard to take. The changing fashions of political correctness are too much in your face.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Ultimate Member

I'm a superhero goob, so two of my favorite Disney cartoons are Big Hero 6 and the Incredibles.

For Star Wars, the Mandalorian, Solo and Rogue One have been my favorite Star Wars stuff for the last decade or so.

And then the various Marvel movies, which I love some of (the Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America 2), like others of (Captain America 1 and 3, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Spider-Man 1 & 2, Ant-Man 1 & 2), and 'eh' a few.