Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don’t think there will be another tragedy on scale with House of M any time soon. I think the current X-staff know better.

On a smaller scale, Mystique is about to burn everything down, but I think that will have greater ramifications for Charles and Mags specifically. So for my money, it’s got to be Beast. He has been going down this path for decades, the Watcher is literally disgusted by him, and Beast has recently taken his ‘I’m intelligent enough to justify any action’ to 11.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Legion: insanity, insane reality-warping powers, daddy issues.
    Nah, Kurts got an eye on him. He seems relatively stable in Way of X to be honest.

In terms of "severely ruining the mutants ****" it's probably going to be Mystique, or by extension Charles and Erik fucking up the good thing they have going because of what theyve done to her.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    With all the money she’s saving, Wanda should help a girl out and start paying my rent.

I agree with your profile of who gets slapped with this kind of storyline. People often compare what happened to Wanda and Disassembled/House of M to Jean and Dark Phoenix, because it follows a basic plot: too much power drives a heroine of good standing power mad when put under mental trauma, and now she must be hunted down and killed to save everyone. Even when she’s allowed to return, she becomes a figure of infamy.

If we follow this formula, someone like Sinister or Beast wouldn’t become the new Wanda the way Wanda became the new Jean. If anything, it would be someone like Storm or Kate Pryde suddenly committing genocide, and after revival, had it explained away as being possessed but alway looked at side-eyed.
    Going along with those listed parameters I think Synch would fit the bill. He's wildly powerful, had trauma that could impact mental stability. The rest is crafting events to drive him over the edge. The extra would be the fact we have never seen insanely powered black character go unhinged, that could threaten reality.