Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even an adult cartoon can still sell toys .
    I already collect Transformers (not the Bayverse ones), Marvel Legends, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, GiJoe Classified so I was not trying to be about the Revelation line and then I watched the show and was like...welp eff it, I guess I will have to get those now too. Thankfully the wife is (mostly) understanding to my collector needs.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I already collect Transformers (not the Bayverse ones), Marvel Legends, Power Rangers Lightning Collection, GiJoe Classified so I was not trying to be about the Revelation line and then I watched the show and was like...welp eff it, I guess I will have to get those now too. Thankfully the wife is (mostly) understanding to my collector needs.
    Congrats .

I finally pinged into why some people hate this show. A lot of alt-right people have recently come against tom-boys or muscle girls in general and they see He-Man Revelations as perpetuating pro-tom-boy propaganda. What fools!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I finally pinged into why some people hate this show. A lot of alt-right people have recently come against tom-boys or muscle girls in general and they see He-Man Revelations as perpetuating pro-tom-boy propaganda. What fools!
    I mean, I thought Lynn's Greyskull form was a bit much compared to her Sorceress look and I think Sorceress Teela was better than Mercenary Teela but I don't have anything against tomboys or muscle girls.

BANNED

So MotU Revelation Part 2 is something that happened...

You're really just figuring this out now?

That is your final answer? Let's consult the board of deflection. Ohhhh sorry it's not on the board. The judges would have accepted "Russian Bots" How much credibility did you wager? All of it. Well, thanks for playing

E7Gx5i5VkAw_Muo.jpg
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Masters of the Universe: Revelation Backlash SHOCKED Kevin Smith?!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Did Teela ever have magical abilities? In any incarnation?
    Her being the Sorceress' kid was implied but not ever stated outright, in the 80's toon. That along with The Queen knowing Adam was He Man.

In lots of media Magic is hereditary. So one could assume the potential was there.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

So your view is that if people don't like these recent 'breakthrough masterpieces' such as MOTU Revelation, Captain Marvel, Ghostbusters 2016, Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, etc they have to be some sort of alt-right, women haters?

There isn't the possibility "Gender has nothing to do with it. In reality, these are simply bad movies?"

The Rotten Tomato Critics are right and the majority of Fan Scores are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Ridiculous. I grew up with the original show and I didn’t let myself get carried by the rumors and internet grifters into getting upset over stuff that just plainly turned out to be false. The idea that Kevin Smith should apologize for fake news and rumors to get people upset makes absolutely no sense.
    What was it that Clownfish TV said that was, 'fake news?" They said MOTU Revelation was going to be a Teela Focused show. Kevin Smith posted shortly after saying it strictly wasn't and bashed clownfish tv. I believed Kevin at the time.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-01-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Pinsir directly said "some people", not "everyone." So why are you pretending like these people don't exist at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So your view is that if people don't like these recent 'breakthrough masterpieces' such as MOTU Revelation, Captain Marvel, Ghostbusters 2016, Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, etc they have to be some sort of alt-right, women haters?

There isn't the possibility "Gender has nothing to do with it. In reality, these are simply bad movies?"

The Rotten Tomato Critics are right and the majority of Fan Scores are wrong?
    I'll take option 'C': a bit of both.

Whether a project is good or bad ultimately rests with what the viewer feels about it. I liked MOTU: Revelation. I thought Captain Marvel was a good movie. I remember thinking Ghostbusters 2016 was fine, but I've never had the urge to go back to it. And I feel that the Sequel Trilogy had good characters marred by terrible writing.

But take Star Wars out of that mix for a moment. The other projects all featured strong female protagonists, and with Captain Marvel and Ghostbusters 2016, the backlash started far before the movies were ever released. With Captain Marvel, it was because Brie Larson is outspoken, and god forbid a woman should have an opinion. With GB, it was because how dare they make the Ghostbusters women? They were MEN!

With Star Wars, part of it was backlash against some of the female characters, but most of it was due to the writing of those characters.

Astonishing Member

This was a Teela show. But I would say that it showed more of He-Man's heroism and why he deserved to be He-Man more than the cartoon ever did. I can't see any He-Man fan being upset with his treatment here, other than he hardly had any screen time at the beginning.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Pinsir directly said "some people", not "everyone." So why are you pretending like these people don't exist at all?
    There isn't enough of them to be used as a boogeyman.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    This was a Teela show. But I would say that it showed more of He-Man's heroism and why he deserved to be He-Man more than the cartoon ever did. I can't see any He-Man fan being upset with his treatment here, other than he hardly had any screen time at the beginning.
    The "it's not about us" line felt kind of tacked on, personally.