Page 33 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Can you really torpedo a franchise that was essentially already dead as far as wider pop culture was concerned? There was a dedicated fanbase but this is the first major mainstream thing starring He-Man since...what, the TV show in 2002?
    Yes. This will hurt the viability of the franchise. Studios like digging up dominant franchises all the time hoping that past popularity will translate to success. There's franchises like Godzilla that stay dominant for a decade and have huge fanfare when it returns.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes. This will hurt the viability of the franchise. Studios like digging up dominant franchises all the time hoping that past popularity will translate to success. There's franchises like Godzilla that stay dominant for a decade and have huge fanfare when it returns.
    ...if everyone but the"too woke" crowd is enjoying it I don't think viability is in danger.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...if everyone but the"too woke" crowd is enjoying it I don't think viability is in danger.
    Everybody's money is green. Woke crowd isn't better than anyone else.

Incredible Member

In the end, let's wait and see what the numbers are for the second batch of episodes in comparison to the this first batch. If the number of viewers drop off dramatically, I think we have a good understanding of why.

And let's check on the sales of Mattel's MotU toys over the next few months, see if there's some sort of a decline 3 months from now, 6 months from now, etc..

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

True, but the "too woke" crowd is a laughable minority so their opinion isn't worth much and their money seldom missed.

Ultimate Member

They're a small group though.

These guys jumped all over Captain Marvel (probably more than any other movie in recent memory) and that movie easily cleared a billion dollars.

In some backwards way, I think the noise they make actually generates more interest in the movies. They could actually be helping the movies they attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

These guys jumped all over Captain Marvel (probably more than any other movie in recent memory) and that movie easily cleared a billion dollars.

In some backwards way, I think the noise they make actually generates more interest in the movies. They could actually be helping the movies they attack.
    I remember last year when these guys lost it over a Rooster Teeth variant cover depicting Wonder Woman as fat with purple skin. I didn't even know that cover existed until I saw people whining about it on Twitter, Youtube and reddit. The haters seemed to be doing a better job of marketing it than DC themselves.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    True, but the "too woke" crowd is a laughable minority
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    We shall see. WRT this show, I do think we will see a significant drop in viewers for the next batch of episodes.

I wish this were one of those forums that give posters fake points that you can gamble with, because I would definitely make a bet on that happening.

For someone who never watched He-Man before I really liked this. Obviously I don't have the emotional attachment some have to the series so that might have affected my enjoyment. I also don't get what's political about this show as some people on the internet claim. Stories that focus on the adventures of female characters should be the norm just as the case with male characters yet there are people getting offended by a story with a female lead. To be fair I didn't follow the marketing which may have lead people into believing this show was about He-Man but even if that's the case the story is not finished so people are way to eager to get angry.

Kevin Smith's response to the backlash is hilarious. He's questioning the intelligence of his naysayers.
    Clownfish TV? Absolutely.

True, he should have ignored them. But clownfish is one of those toxic groups that always support the negative/rile up their incel fanbase to get views.

For the 2002 reboot; I tried watching the premier hour long episode, but it was so obsessed with spinning all the weapons, I actually exited out. It was the annoying kind of over the top fighting. The animation and character design were great, the voice acting was good, but the animation direction, nah. Pass.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 07-28-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Clownfish TV? Absolutely.

True, he should have ignored them. But clownfish is one of those toxic groups that always support the negative/rile up their incel fanbase to get views.

For the 2002 reboot; I tried watching the premier hour long episode, but it was so obsessed with spinning all the weapons, I actually exited out. It was the annoying kind of over the top fighting. The animation and character design were great, the voice acting was good, but the animation direction, nah. Pass.
    Agreed.

Kevin Smith should ignore those guys. They're not really important in the grand scheme of things.

Is the 2002 He-man reboot on Netflix, I haven't seen it before but I'm hearing good things about it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I remember last year when these guys lost it over a Rooster Teeth variant cover depicting Wonder Woman as fat with purple skin. I didn't even know that cover existed until I saw people whining about it on Twitter, Youtube and reddit. The haters seemed to be doing a better job of marketing it than DC themselves.
    Exactly.

Some of the stuff these guys complain about doesn't even register on my radar until they do. And I sometimes find myself going to look for the thing they're talking about.

But ultimately, it's just a grift for Clownfish and the likes. It's just about getting people riled up to click on their videos and get that ad revenue.

Incredible Member

Question for posters here.

I have not watched the series but i have heard the twist at the end of the first episode. Does this get undone by the end of the season? If so, I`ll watch specifically in anticipation for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post

I have not watched the series but i have heard the twist at the end of the first episode. Does this get undone by the end of the season? If so, I`ll watch specifically in anticipation for season 2.
    The answer is yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post

They both get better by the end of episode 5; it does end on a cliffhanger though, that some (who I assume have never been exposed to anyform of media before) are taking as a repeat of the beginning.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!