Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My mind kept going to this guy.
    The sidecut started out small. It's adapting, growing...learning.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-25-2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Holy crap...I just grew a sidecut! Somebody help...PAY NO ATTENTION TO THIS MORTAL! ALL IS WELL.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yes and no. Depends on how you handle that. That would explain why the Queen didnt tell the King about it. Maybe she has her reasons, because she knew how foolish he is sometimes (if he is, or he would have made Adam a weapon, or whatever comes to mind)

But why leaving Teela out of it? She is Adams best friend, next to Orko and Man at Arms and Cringer.
    TBH, I never understand the outrage of not being "in on" someone's secrets, and it's a huge pet peeve of mine in fiction. Everyone I know has secrets. I have secrets. Secrets are nobody's business. Someone didn't tell me? Big deal. Move along. This is especially true when it comes to secrets involving someone's identity, which I consider very much like coming out.

I couldn't see Lena's POV in Supergirl, either.

To get upset because of a side hair cut? Please....thats just simple minded.
    I'm "upset" that this is the hair cut they chose to change. Adam/He-Man is more desperate for a new do.

And frankly, I'm glad the spotlight isn't on Adam/He-Man. IMO, he was almost a joke of a character in the original.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-25-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    People like the side haircut?

Sorry, but its a style I've never been a fan of. No matter who wears it. If its some side character that's only there for a short time, okay. But a main character? Nope.
    It made her look more generic to me.

I loved the scene where Evil-Lyn took her helmet off and unfurled all that glorious white hair .

I didn't like Teela's redesign (especially the hair). Her classic look is great so I was annoyed when they changed it. Evil-Lyn looked okay though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In the example of Pokemon, they don't replaced the main character with a new character. The new male character just became a co-protagonist. However, fans still complaint because the old main character lost part of the focus.

You were wondering if Man-at-Arms having this character arc would cause this outrage. I think these complaints would still exist, since He-Man fans will be angry that he doesn't have the main focus.
    The big differnce her is also that Pokemon is a show that has been on since forever.

This is the first MOTU Cartoon since almost 20 years. So I think that is fair to say that killing of the main protagonist who is kind of synonymous for this franchise in the first episode is an odd choise. That's probably something the should have saved for a second season.

The other thing is that He-Man was allways a show primarily targeted at boys (and Girls got their own show with She-Ra), so having now a female centric main cast (they got from my understanding also also rid of Orko and Man-at-Arms the other two main support characters of the original show) is also odd.

I guess I will wait till the second half has dropped, and decide than if I give that show a shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It made her look more generic to me.

I loved the scene where Evil-Lyn took her helmet off and unfurled all that glorious white hair .
    Oh yeah, that was unexpected. I expected the short gray version, that looks really blech

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The big differnce her is also that Pokemon is a show that has been on since forever.

This is the first MOTU Cartoon since almost 20 years. So I think that is fair to say that killing of the main protagonist who is kind of synonymous for this franchise in the first episode is an odd choise. That's probably something the should have saved for a second season.

The other thing is that He-Man was allways a show primarily targeted at boys (and Girls got their own show with She-Ra), so having now a female centric main cast (they got from my understanding also also rid of Orko and Man-at-Arms the other two main support characters of the original show) is also odd.

I guess I will wait till the second half has dropped, and decide than if I give that show a shot.
    Orks death was great, but I will miss him, because he wasn't the annoying creator he was in the old series.

But He-Man dead? I don't believe they brought him back just to kill him again. He is still alive...I hope.

I didn't see Teela and Andra as having a romantic relationship when I was watching the series. I just saw them as friends, maybe even having a sibling-like. From what I watch, I saw Teela having romantic feelings for Adam, not Andra.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I didn't see Teela and Andra as having a romantic relationship when I was watching the series. I just saw them as friends, maybe even having a sibling-like. From what I watch, I saw Teela having romantic feelings for Adam, not Andra.
    That they were lovers was just the "too woke" complainers grasping at straws.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That they were lovers was just the "too woke" complainers grasping at straws.
    From my understanding Teela had feelings for Andra that Andra didnt know about. Maybe more than friendship. Maybe for her and Adam both. And another maybe, it was intentionally hinted to let us wonder what its all about. it could be either way.

Andra felt more like Teela's sidekick here.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't see any romantic feelings there but then I wasn't really looking or expecting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, I didn't see any romantic feelings there but then I wasn't really looking or expecting.
    there were two. I cannot tell you exactly where (one in episode 2 the other one later) that could give us a hint of more then just friendship from Teelas side. It could also tell you about a deep friendship between two women, and nothing more.

I believe it was spread for speculation. I wouldn't mind if Teela is bisexuell or lesbian. It wouldn't change a thing about her character. In the end its just fun to think about it, and natural that there are not only hetero characters running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I've seen this complaint and I just don't get it. Teela is the protagonist, sure, but Evil-Lyn and Andra are just part of the ensemble cast that included Orko, Roboto, and Beast Man. Evil-Lyn's main plot point in the show was dedicated to bonding with Orko, and Andra was literally just Teela's BFF and barely a presence in the show. Man-At-Arms was also a HUGE part of the show even if he wasn't with Teela for the Underworld adventure.

Am I a diehard MOTU fan? Nope. But I felt that all the characters were represented pretty well, even ones with less screentime like Stinkor, Trapjaw, Moss Man, Mer-Man, and Scareglow. The toyline featured a ton of different characters and it was fun seeing them pop up here.

But He-Man dead? I don't believe they brought him back just to kill him again. He is still alive...I hope.
    He-Man is definitely still alive. Fans are jumping the gun so hard. There's 5 episodes to come and Skeletor isn't going to win.

What are the odds that Andra becomes the new champion by the end of this? I keep trying to think of the ending that is going to piss the most people off and that has to be the one right LOL?

When you didn't watch the show, it becomes the show generated by the show. I didn't watch this show, but I'm enjoying all the entertainment that I'm getting.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-25-2021 at 02:36 PM. Reason: So glad I didn't watch this
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest