Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Honestly, this series is just a number of things coming to a head that the OG series never got to (or avoided, with how campy it was). People overreacting so much before it even airs is annoying.
    The thing is-they WERE going to address that in what would have been season 4 had Filmation not been sold and shut down.

Teela taking over for Mom

Clamp Champ's intro

Snout spout was moved to She Ra's world but was meant for He-Man's world. We probably would have seen Rio Blast and Extendar as well.

He-Man on the run

Teela thinking He-Man killed Adam after she just arrives as he is changing into He-Man

The eventual son of Teela and He-Man popping up way later.

This new series is an expanded version of season 4 covering some or all of those plot points.

BANNED

Lightbulb She-Ra vs Skelegod

For Part 2 of Revelation...if He-Man can no longer be the champion of planet Eternia to battle Skelegod...

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    She-Ra
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Chiiile… I need this in my veins now. “The Secret of the Sword” still holds up like fine wine and gives me all the feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Say no more:

...the Masters are to get from planet Etheria She-Ra: Princess of Power!

Say no more:

::cries:: #YasQueen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    ::cries:: #YasQueen!
    Encore!

See this for the first time as a kid...it just felt like something big and new and wonderful was coming with this title sequence.

Encore!

See this for the first time as a kid...it just felt like something big and new and wonderful was coming with this title sequence.
    😭 😭 😭

I agree. I loved it. I always loved She-Ra more than He-Man. My She-Ra dolls were like sacred talismans to me. They have the whole movie on YouTube for quick watching. Overall, it's just such a good little film (really, it's literally a bunch of episodes strung together). It's fun but genuinely poignant.

Saw the ads for secret of the sword on tv and rushed to my mom "they made a he-man movie!" My mom responded with "oh great!" Lol.

He-man on the big screen was a big thing then. Of course if you went to the theatres you got a free secret of the sword comic as well!

They even released a soundtrack and not one but 2 read along books to promote the films theatre release!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Teaser poster. They did three movie posters for this film!
    [IMG][/IMG]

They even did a book based on the film!

[IMG][/IMG]

Early reviews are calling this a semi-campy, semi-gritty, pun laden Mad Maxx for kids. Average to decent soft reboot sequel. Universal praise for an unsung role and performance by Cunningham. Skelator and a few others feel like video game line readings. And an oddly placed condom joke felt out of place for a kid show.

A fair number said safe show overall, modern enough, and that the recent She-Ra show broke more ground than this but it has CRAZY potential to get wild with the spoilers:
    techno cult
    end of spoilers.

The excitement for more seems universal.

The first episode feels like it could be from the ‘80s series, just with infinitely better art, animation, and music ... Is the most common praise.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-22-2021 at 02:00 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I haven't watched it yet but I read spoilers. Twitter and the usual YouTube channels will be fun today.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Not a He-Man fan myself so I am coming from an outside perspective but this is evidently going to be Last Jedi all over again - big changes to the franchise that gives the impression if not actuality of ticking boxes, Classic fans complaints vary from genuine assholeness to constructive and valid issues but cast and production crew labels all as awful monsters and whining white forty somethings and only accept absolute praise as fact, media follows suit for the next couple years until willing to accept that it had problems.

Happy to wrong but based on what I have heard so far that’s what I am getting the impression of.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Not a He-Man fan myself so I am coming from an outside perspective but this is evidently going to be Last Jedi all over again - big changes to the franchise that gives the impression if not actuality of ticking boxes, Classic fans complaints vary from genuine assholeness to constructive and valid issues but cast and production crew labels all as awful monsters and whining white forty somethings and only accept absolute praise as fact, media follows suit for the next couple years until willing to accept that it had problems.

Happy to wrong but based on what I have heard so far that’s what I am getting the impression of.
    I finished it this morning and nothing in this changes the franchise at all. The original didn't have a whole lot of deep lore built around it to begin with. Anything done to grow the franchise lore was done so outside of the actual cartoon series this is based on. So it's more like simply ignoring the EU for Star Wars than outright changing anything.

What kind of changes were made for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The only noticeable change is King Grayskull is black now and so is Andra but neither of those characters were shown in the original series. Oh and Adam ow looks like a teenager, as opposed to looking like He-Man without a tan and wearing clothes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    spoilers:
    It kills off He-man and skeletor on episode one
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    It kills off He-man and skeletor on episode one
    end of spoilers
    That's not a "change." It's part of the ongoing story/plot point.