Page 1 of 61 123451151 ... LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default He-Man: Revelation

What can I say, they had me at Bonnie Tyler and again with "I have the POWWWEERRRRR!!!!!"

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

He-Man is back, baby .

Chris Wood really sold the line. I know people hated him as Mon-El, but I hope this role can really redeem him in nerd culture .

This looks a lot like the 2002 cartoon, which as my gateway to He-Man makes me super happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This looks a lot like the 2002 cartoon, which as my gateway to He-Man makes me super happy.
    My gateway was the original series as it aired (I'm old, I know lol) and I LOVED the 2002 reboot. So seeing a merging of the two like this is pretty much perfection to me.

And while I really liked the latest She-Ra cartoon, I hope they bring her and Hordak into this at some point since that was something we never got to see in the 2002 show.

Huh, this is a surprise. Even watching this clip a few times seems the redesigns are minimal. Didn't ever catch the 2002 version but in passing but this looks pretty damn faithful in look to the OG. Tela and Lynn seem more covered up, wonder if She-Ra, as in giant blonde She-Ra, shows up at some point.

Fk! Has it been 40?? I guess so, I'm 45 now. In 2nd grade He-Man ruled the roost as it were, until Transformers took over. Looks pretty cool.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Anyone else find the nipples super distracting? I like muscular men as much as the next guy but the placement of those nipples just feels really weird to me

So excited for this, my gateway was the OG they reran it in the 90's, but I also liked the new adventures of He-Man(who wore a blue pants and had a mullet.). A few years ago I watched the 2002 series online, and it was really cool. I see they're following DC comics and replacing the red cross with a H.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella probably wish they were part of this

Is this essentially a reboot? Looks really slick so far.

Neverminded, found the answer, a sequel to the 80s cartoon. Nice. Hell if I can remember how that ended though so I hope we get a quick recap in episode 1.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-10-2021 at 12:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm 45, I was part of the OG He-Man, had many of the toys. Never Castle Grayskull though. I recall when I was 12 selling them off for like $1 each in a Garage Sale to get Nintendo money!
    I also found the 2002 series to be quite good. Unlike some shows with various incarnations I've not yet been let down by He-Man and this looks like it will be awesome!

It is sheer genius to use "I need a Hero" for the backdrop of this trailer. A pure 80s property using a solid 80s fight/victory song....brilliant marketing. They know their target audience isn't really 6-10yr old boys for this show.

July 23 - MOTU:Revalation
    July 29 - Transformers Kingdom

Thanks Netflix
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Kevin Smith wasn't joking when he said he was going for B:TAS with this show.

Netflix Animation has been amazing lately (Voltron, She-Ra, Kipo, Dragon Prince, Spirit, Hilda, The Hollow, Camp Cretaceous, Over The Moon as well as the more "adult" fare with CastleVania, Ultraman, Pacific Rim, Big Mouth, Bo Jock, Love/Death/Robots, Transformers, etc.), so I will give this a go!

Just when you thought Mark Hamill was done with new voices and laughs ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Trailer looks great! And we finally get Clamp Champ let's goooooooo!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

So I have watched the trailer multiple times.

Posted on FB and a couple buddies of mine, one black, one white, decried the series saying it was going to be 'woke AF' (the white one said that, the black one said 'I can see the subliminals')

I'm like...where? Now I know putting stuff down as 'woke' is the negativity du jour of the internet and social media right now whenever people feel threatened by attempts at equal representation and such, but I'm like...it's a trailer...where is the wokeness? He-Man is still an over the top beefy blond white guy.

I know the show synopsis starts with Teela having to reassemble the MOTU...are they saying that because a female is kicking off the narrative? Which we don't even know what that is, we have litterally just see 3 minutes of epic visuals over an epic 80s song.

They are my friends and all but I wanted to reach through the screen and smack em.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    So I have watched the trailer multiple times.

Posted on FB and a couple buddies of mine, one black, one white, decried the series saying it was going to be 'woke AF' (the white one said that, the black one said 'I can see the subliminals')

I'm like...where? Now I know putting stuff down as 'woke' is the negativity du jour of the internet and social media right now whenever people feel threatened by attempts at equal representation and such, but I'm like...it's a trailer...where is the wokeness? He-Man is still an over the top beefy blond white guy.

I know the show synopsis starts with Teela having to reassemble the MOTU...are they saying that because a female is kicking off the narrative? Which we don't even know what that is, we have litterally just see 3 minutes of epic visuals over an epic 80s song.

They are my friends and all but I wanted to reach through the screen and smack em.

If they think this looks woke, tell them to watch She-Ra.

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Where's Stratos?? I was already bummed when I didn't see him listed in the casting announcement, but I guess this confirms his absence.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    This is what you see when it comes to the shows synopsis.

Teela having to reassemble the MOTU.

This is what your friends see....

Teela has to reassemble the MOTU because He-Man has turned into a sad sack loser.

Evil Lyn will become good somehow, she wasn't really evil she was just in an abusive relationship with Skeletor and it was really all his fault.

He-Man will then apologize to Teela for lying about his secret identity and say something like "you were always the strongest of us"

When Teela isn't in a scene characters will ask "Where's Teela?"

Teela will stop wearing her iconic uniform for something more bland and sensible and shave all her hair off on one side.

Teela will have a new female bestie and they will be inseparable.

Characters such as Beast Man and Merman will be shown in a more sympathetic light because it turns out Eternia was polluting the environment.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest