Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 796 to 810 of 879
  1. #796
    Chad Jar Jar Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Naboo
    Posts
    4,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So your view is that if people don't like these recent 'breakthrough masterpieces' such as MOTU Revelation, Captain Marvel, Ghostbusters 2016, Star Wars Sequel Trilogy, etc they have to be some sort of alt-right, women haters?
    I actually think its more of an anti-Trans thing than being outright anti-women. Muscular women blur traditional boundaries of gender and almost all the the anti-Revolations videos posted here have talked about their dislike of the 'masculinzation' of Teela and Evil-Lynn.

    What was it that Clownfish TV said that was, 'fake news?" They said MOTU Revelation was going to be a Teela Focused show. Kevin Smith posted shortly after saying it strictly wasn't and bashed clownfish tv. I believed Kevin at the time.
    I watched the Clownfish TV video that was posted here and when they played a clip of Kevin Smith introducing the show, his description matches the show perfectly. Teela has always been one of the major characters, in the context of the story, I think the set-up makes sense in so much that if He-Man gets taken out, she'll be the back-up.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    "You can't make an omelet without breaking a few necks." - Wonder Woman, probably

  2. #797
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I actually think its more of an anti-Trans thing than being outright anti-women. Muscular women blur traditional boundaries of gender and almost all the the anti-Revolations videos posted here have talked about their dislike of the 'masculinzation' of Teela and Evil-Lynn.


    I question why Evil Lynn is built like Schwarzenegger. Her skill set doesn't involve any kind of physicality. Teela should be muscular but evil lynn? What

  3. #798
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I question why Evil Lynn is built like Schwarzenegger. Her skill set doesn't involve any kind of physicality. Teela should be muscular but evil lynn? What
    Very true. Plus, Evil Lynn seems like the type to only physically exert herself when absolutely necessary. Else, she just relies on magic.

  4. #799
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I question why Evil Lynn is built like Schwarzenegger. Her skill set doesn't involve any kind of physicality. Teela should be muscular but evil lynn? What
    Yeah, it didn't really track with her as a character to me.

    For Teela her merc design just looked so generic.

  5. #800
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I question why Evil Lynn is built like Schwarzenegger. Her skill set doesn't involve any kind of physicality. Teela should be muscular but evil lynn? What
    The same reason that He-Man without the sword was massive compared to He-Man with the sword.

  6. #801
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,618

    Default

    So is that what She-Ra would've looked like in this style?

  7. #802
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    So is that what She-Ra would've looked like in this style?
    The creators of She-Ra wanted her to be more solidly built and had to fight with execs just to have her be allowed to hold a sword, so probably
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  8. #803
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The creators of She-Ra wanted her to be more solidly built and had to fight with execs just to have her be allowed to hold a sword, so probably
    I assume they probably would've kept the hair though...

  9. #804
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I question why Evil Lynn is built like Schwarzenegger. Her skill set doesn't involve any kind of physicality. Teela should be muscular but evil lynn? What
    Call on the power and it roids you up. Call on the power unfiltered and you get an even more juiced up warrior in full on roid rage.

    So Evil Lynn warrior mode is buffer. Makes sense to me.

    Also her and Tee-La's build (pls excuse spelling of char names. Am fighting autocorrect), reminds me of the early 80 female body builders like Ms. Olympia winners Rachel McLish and Cory Eversen. They weren't that manly looking. They were buff but still had curves.

    The female body builders of the early Aughts? That's a whole other thing.

  10. #805
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Call on the power and it roids you up. Call on the power unfiltered and you get an even more juiced up warrior in full on roid rage.

    So Evil Lynn warrior mode is buffer. Makes sense to me.

    Also her and Tee-La's build (pls excuse spelling of char names. Am fighting autocorrect), reminds me of the early 80 female body builders like Ms. Olympia winners Rachel McLish and Cory Eversen. They weren't that manly looking. They were buff but still had curves.

    The female body builders of the early Aughts? That's a whole other thing.
    Politely, it's more like "Makes perfect sense. Took place in every instance. Nothing more to discuss."

    - Adam with the sword? "Arnold..." huge.
    - Skeletor with the sword? "Arnold..." huge.
    - Evil-Lyn with the sword? "Arnold..." huge.

    - Adam without the sword to temper the power calling upon it anyway? "Hulked Out Arnold..." huge.

    I guess someone might not get it if they had missed a chunk of an episode or just not watched it yet?

    Otherwise?

    What was in the show followed it's internal logic pretty flawlessly.

  11. #806
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I assume they probably would've kept the hair though...
    This is about Evil Lyn's hair now?

    For the record, I'm pretty sure Revelations is the first time she's ever even had long hair, so I don't know why short hair wouldn't "track" for her.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  12. #807
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Her being the Sorceress' kid was implied but not ever stated outright, in the 80's toon. That along with The Queen knowing Adam was He Man.

    In lots of media Magic is hereditary. So one could assume the potential was there.

    It has been stated in the 80s show. I remember watching that episode when it first aired.

    The episode was Teela's Quest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiowZKnqE1Y
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  13. #808
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    This is about Evil Lyn's hair now?

    For the record, I'm pretty sure Revelations is the first time she's ever even had long hair, so I don't know why short hair wouldn't "track" for her.
    I don't remember how she looked when she took the helmet off in the 2002 cartoon (let alone whether her hair was white) although I did think it was kind of weird that she had long hair and then suddenly, Power of Greyskull, she didn't. Even when she reverted back (although it grew back in-between that and her last scene).

  14. #809
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    IIRC she had a buzz cut in the original and a crew cut in 2002. 2002's was pretty much the same as what her hair looks like when she uses the sword in revelation
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

  15. #810
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    IIRC she had a buzz cut in the original and a crew cut in 2002. 2002's was pretty much the same as what her hair looks like when she uses the sword in revelation
    Maybe they felt they needed something to offset Teela's haircut .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •