Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It was the tone of the posts, it was pretty squarely misogynistic..
    So now we're not evening going off whats wrote just some vague "tone"? Since it's not about what was actually written Im sure you can decide any post had a "tone" that suited your view. Since thats so insubstanial as to not be able to be argued against I'm done discussing that specific point with you.

Moving on. I never once thought there was anything between Teela and Andra other than friendship when I watched the show. I do think some people are reaching on that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Can I ask where he said this?

I was lucky enough to drive from my home to Red Bank NJ this past Saturday and meet face to face with Kevin himself (it was a He-Man event at his comic shop). We talked all about He-Man, new and old. He was beyond passionate about his coming story and was hoping everyone would love it. Now I saw him post on Facebook yesterday something about Clerks 3 and he mentioned he knew people were upset about the first 5 episodes. I did not see him say anything about anyone's intelligence.

I watched the first 5 episodes 3x now. Did I love it? Some parts I did some I did not. I did really enjoy most of it though. I grew up in the 80's as many of you did here. I am a He-Man fanatic. I am just happy to have Master of the Universe & He-Man back.

I mean we still have a bunch of episodes coming are way and I see many here just giving up on it because they believe they were wronged by Smith. I am sorry but I am not going to just give up on the series after only 5 episodes which were not that bad as some of you are claiming them to be.

Again I am just happy to look forward to more Masters & He-Man in the coming future.
    His interview with variety. The fan backlash was brought up

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/he-...ix-1235026831/

There's a line there where he says he can't believe some people think that Mattel would pay him to do a Masters of the Universe show without He-Man.

Well, he's right. There are a few fans who seriously think Adam is really dead and Teela is going to become the new champion.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    So now we're not evening going off whats wrote just some vague "tone"? Since it's not about what was actually written Im sure you can decide any post had a "tone" that suited your view. Since thats so insubstanial as to not be able to be argued against I'm done discussing that specific point with you.

Moving on. I never once thought there was anything between Teela and Andra other than friendship when I watched the show. I do think some people are reaching on that.
    You do you, the incel vibes were not subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    His interview with variety. The fan backlash was brought up

There's a line there where he says he can't believe some people think that Mattel would pay him to do a Masters of the Universe show without He-Man.
    Hmmmm interesting. Thanks for sharing. While I don't agree with everything Smith said in the interview...I agree with most.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

The first time I saw the 80s cartoon is when it was on USA Network. by that time it was on reruns. The 80s cartoon came out on the month and year I was born. September of 1983. The first run ended when I was 2.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Facts.

So.....I was wondering in looking at people comment on Teela's reaction to finding out everything, which even I on rewatching think that she should have taken SUCH a hard left, but I get it, it's done, cool.

I wonder how they will have her (should the series address or be on long enough to address it) deal with the fact that the Sorceress is her biological mother. We have set a precedent for her reacting rashly, but I doubt they'd wanna just redo her flipping out over finding out the secret....so I wonder how they have her respond....
    I do find it kind of hilarious that that's the one thing they keep drawing out in a season of Teela dealing with how much she hates secrets .

Ugh...pants are fine, but shirt, and shoulder pads, nah. Unless its a Power Rangers style Battleizer or something.
    They can't use OG designs due to who owns the rights of the franchise...which i believe it is Universal, i could be wrong though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I'll also try to find a popular, well-regarded video that is representative of the other side of the debate.
    Can someone help with this? I'm looking for a video that:

1. Defends Netflix and Smith's promotion of the show
    2. Is popular - say, 100K+ views
    3. Is well-regarded - say, at least a 10 to 1 upvote to downvote ratio
    4. Preferably bite-sized like the 9-minute video I linked to earlier

If someone asks about the debate like that poster I was responding to, l want to be able to provide them with both sides.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I found her to be insufferable. Adam died saving her and she acts like she was victimized by that when she speaks with him again. It also makes her anti magic for some bizarre reason. She consistently puts her feelings over bigger issues and it was annoying to watch.

I found Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice the most annoying part of Teela. I don't think it helped Teela much with the character she had to be done by someone with a whiny ass voice.
    Agree 1,000% on both counts and the fact that these two things existed together puts in in the multiplier. I didn't even think Hamill was super great, he still had a Joker overtone in this character, why the fk was that? Hamill's credit is so good I feel funny even tripping but I'd say a couple of the main voice work parts wasn't memorable. Shoutout to Allen Oppenheimer.

Other than that it was pretty cool, except how they short-changed me on Clamp Champ (you bastards). It is call Masters with an 'S' of the Universe, which denotes a whole cast full of super-powered tough guys. Yes there is one who was stronger than the rest but the teamwork theme that was so heavy in the 80s in selling action figures for boys was there. It was pretty spread out. Like someone else posted, back in the day there were several episodes that didn't involve He-Man. Mattafact one of the jokes we used to go on about as kids was dude did EVERYfuckin'Thing. Anybody remember that episode where he pushed the moon lol. They kind of made Mer-man dope, didn't get much Trap-Jaw but Beast-Man and Lynn were cool. I was in 1st or 2nd grade when the OG came so I haven't put thought to Roboto in only 35 years, I had him lol. Man-At-Arms was a bull, even though his kid was a pain in the ass.

I usually don't go for these re-boot, re-imagined projects of old **** but the E for effort is definitely theirs, the animation was fantastic.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I plan on watching it, but I do have to ask………..

How bad is Teela? I don’t mind her being a lead here (a bit annoyed He-Man is apparently killed off, but I’ll still judge the show for what it is), but I’d like to know beforehand. I’ve been spoiled that she gets told the truth and than just up and leaves to become a mercenary (essentially abandoning her allies/friends/father) because she got her feelings hurt/feels betrayed. But like, that happens right after Adam just died? Really?

Or is her reaction just blown out of proportion by some fans?
    No, that's just about it, she is angry she was "lied" to and blows off everyone even though Adam/He-man has just died after doing a heroic sacrifice that lands him a spot in their version of Valhalla and leaves a pair of grieving parents, her dad who just got banished and her friends and allies. Then there are the character deaths, if you haven't seen it yet then i won't say who dies but believe mr there is actual death.

Listen, if you watched this, you will have to make your own mind about it and if you say something be ready for reactions who may not share that opinion, some are reasonable and others are down right hostile...hater level hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I finally watched the 5 episodes of Masters of the Universe: Revelation
    You will note He-Man is NOT, NOT in the title. Therefore it is allowing for a broader focal point, at any time, about any of the MASTERS. Of which He-Man is one, the dominant one, but it is not technically a show dedicated to him.

Spot read some of these pages, seen some Twitter and FB threads. While I get we all want He-Man and are promised more He-Man it is clear there are some folks who never fully went through Jean Paul Valley as Batman, Eradicator&Steel as Superman stand-ins, Artemis as Wonder Woman, Ben Reilly as Spider-man or any of the Captain America replacements till Steve came back. Heck these same folks are probably still caring hatred for Rodimus Prime. He-Man will return you dolts.

I enjoyed what I saw. I'm more miffed that seemingly Orko, Roboto and Moss Man are dead. Roboto should be repairable by Duncan/Man-at-Arms I'd think. Moss Man should be neigh impossible to fully kill. His essence should have a backup in the "green" at nearly all times. King Randor was a real moron. Your own Queen knew and I don't see you abandoning her. Hey Teela, do you feel any better knowing the King also didn't know....maybe it wasn't as personal as you're taking it. Episode 4 being in Masters Heaven was fun cause we got Greyskull, He-Ro and other former Champions.

I found the comedy in having Tri-Klops as this cult leader for a Computer God as he spouts of Motherboard and Diode to be chuckle worthy! So Teela's staff can mechanically, not magically, become just about whatever gadget/tool she needs in any moment?? Bit convenient is it not?
    The character I found most intriguing and it surprised me was Evil-Lyn. Lyn, like the other Skeletor accolytes, seem to have moved on without him and some like Mer-Man, Tri-Klops and Lynn herself moved on. If she is to be believed she initially had aspirations of being a "Master" but the gravitas of Skeletor led her astray. She also seems genuinely surprised at his return and Skeletor admits keeping his plan from her of sending his essence into her Staff Orb.

Now....when are the next batch of episodes....need to see how badly Adam is hurt.
    Is it really that important, we know he will be back to full power before this ends, i mean they can't kill him a second time or else the anger will go to biblical levels if that is the plan.

If someone asks about the debate like that poster I was responding to, l want to be able to provide them with both sides.

Thanks!
    Straight talking...

Most reasonable folks probably ain't going to put that sort of an effort into clout/click chasing just so they can lay out the reasonable side of this nonsense.

They are most likely too busy doing what reasonable folks do in a day.

Thanks!
    The people that like it don't even bring that up. Not sure you're going to find a video like that. But all the big sites like Wired, Gizmodo, ScreenRant (ugh) etc. all have written reviews that meet your metric. You just have to read.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/kevin-...-fan-criticism
    https://gizmodo.com/masters-of-the-u...-ma-1847260717

Plus this is the internet ... praises don't get traction as much as hot takes and roasts.

Also places like Den of the Geek and such are doing pieces like what you need to know:

https://gizmodo.com/masters-of-the-u...-ma-1847260717
    https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/masters...man-knowledge/
    https://comicbook.com/anime/news/mas...lix-explained/

CBRs's main page is full of such articles (Masters of the Universe: Revelation's Champions of Preternia, From He-Ro to Wun-Dar, Revelation - Eternia's Heaven and Hell, Explained, Masters of the Universe: Revelation Redeems He-Man's WORST Character, etc.) for example.

The people that like it are talking about those aspects of it.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-27-2021 at 06:09 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Also the irony of people being angry about being "lied to" and turning around saying Teela's anger makes no sense is amusing to me.

It makes me wonder if that was on purpose ...

It's #1 on the kiddo side of Netflix, #9 overall on Netflix, #11 on Neilson ... I think it is doing fine.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-27-2021 at 06:20 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium