Page 34 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Question for posters here.

I have not watched the series but i have heard the twist at the end of the first episode. Does this get undone by the end of the season? If so, I`ll watch specifically in anticipation for season 2.
    It's undone eventually and then redone again almost immediately, lol. But it will likely be undone again for the next batch of episodes.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Question for posters here.

I have not watched the series but i have heard the twist at the end of the first episode. Does this get undone by the end of the season? If so, I`ll watch specifically in anticipation for season 2.
    My best answer and advice....

Wait for it.

Watch. The. Show.

Form your own opinion.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    My best answer and advice....

Wait for it.

Watch. The. Show.

Form your own opinion.
    I think the poster is looking for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I think the poster is looking for an answer
    Well, considering they've only aired half of the season, no one knows that answer.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Can you really torpedo a franchise that was essentially already dead as far as wider pop culture was concerned? There was a dedicated fanbase but this is the first major mainstream thing starring He-Man since...what, the TV show in 2002?
    This.

He Man and She Ra were off the map for decades.

As was Thundercats.

It seems overblown to talk about those franchises like they were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Transformers. Or Ben 10. Those get remade for each new generation of kids almost like clockwork.

At worst He Man will go away for another ten or fifteen years or so before someone else wants to try for a revival.
    Or decides that they want to revive Silver Hawks, Bionic Six or Defenders of The Earth instead.

And I think fans have forgotten that most nostalgia revamps for animated adventure material don't usually work.

Like Jonny Quest or Speed Racer. Or Thunderbirds ( granted that was never that popular here in the States to begin with).

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Or decides that they want to revive Silver Hawks, Bionic Six or Defenders of The Earth instead.
    Lordy anyone of these....well some kinda Silver Hawks revival is on the way as it is. But maaaaaaan Bionic Six could be epic with today's tech and fx and wouldn't even need a super high budget for the first film in the franchise.

Actually wrote out a script treatment for a Bionic 6 movie a few years back. Love the show.

But I digress.....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Lordy anyone of these....well some kinda Silver Hawks revival is on the way as it is. But maaaaaaan Bionic Six could be epic with today's tech and fx and wouldn't even need a super high budget for the first film in the franchise.

Actually wrote out a script treatment for a Bionic 6 movie a few years back. Love the show.

But I digress.....
    Knowing our luck it will be a Cal arts bean toon parody.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

But I digress.....
    How big of a FIT would they have about all those adopted kids? Since those groups seems to forget who was in what when they go off.

Can you really torpedo a franchise that was essentially already dead as far as wider pop culture was concerned? There was a dedicated fanbase but this is the first major mainstream thing starring He-Man since...what, the TV show in 2002?
    While there was no show-you still saw stuff get made. So it was not 100% dead.

A lot of the pushback we see are trolls who act like trying to expand and develop others who are NOT a certain demo or the lead is a crime.

These shows were made to sell TOYS back in the day.

Now in most cases they are NOT. See the Hasbro Universe. Now why Matt Trakker and Leoric (Visionaries) had to be black is another story. MASK has POC in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    This.

He Man and She Ra were off the map for decades.
    If by off the map you mean "I don't count the classics toyline which ran from 2011 to 2020, or the comic books series which started at Dark Horse in 2007 but then went to DC" you are correct. Absolutely a dead brand until the Netflix show.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    If by off the map you mean "I don't count the classics toyline which ran from 2011 to 2020, or the comic books series which started at Dark Horse in 2007 but then went to DC" you are correct. Absolutely a dead brand until the Netflix show.
    ...it was a toy line that was only bought by collectors and the comics never even got a whiff of the top 100 sales chart...so yeah it was pretty niche. Doesn't mean it wasn't good stuff, I loved the classics toy line and the early digital stuff at DC by Kyle Higgins and James Robinson were both great...but niche is niche and its silly to claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ...it was a toy line that was only bought by collectors and the comics never even got a whiff of the top 100 sales chart...so yeah it was pretty niche. Doesn't mean it wasn't good stuff, I loved the classics toy line and the early digital stuff at DC by Kyle Higgins and James Robinson were both great...but niche is niche and its silly to claim otherwise.
    Well if that's the case than I have to ask if these Netflix fans will be supporting the Revelations toyline or comics. Because it still seems like only niche collectors like myself are interested in the actual merchandise. Netflix itself has been bleeding subscribers and falling short of projections for awhile now, so the success or failure of the series itself will have no bearing on that.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

I wouldn't mind a new Bionic 6 but "Karate 1" would need to change lol

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well if that's the case than I have to ask if these Netflix fans will be supporting the Revelations toyline or comics. Because it still seems like only niche collectors like myself are interested in the actual merchandise. Netflix itself has been bleeding subscribers and falling short of projections for awhile now, so the success or failure of the series itself will have no bearing on that.
    Probably not, toy sales have been declining for years now and that's specifically why its on Netflix and not TV because stations want these kinds of shows to be co-financed by toy sales pretty often.

Mighty Member

Just seen Revelation: I never was a fan of He-man, I even disliked it when I was a kid: I preferred Thundercats or Silver Hawks who were for me vastly superior in every point (even if the design in He-man was cool, but the stories... even as a kid I found them stupid and repetitive). But, for a non-fan, Revelation was cool... it's not the best remake of the last years, Voltron is far better, but at least there is a story, the stakes are cool, the quest interesting. For me it's vastly superior even to the He-man of 2002.

But, I understand the anger of the fans (even if I don't understand how you can be so protective of a cartoon, especially the first series, that empty who was just here to sell toys with cool designs): This cartoon has the same problems that a lot of actual reboot has: they want to deconstruct these stories, they are ashamed by what made them succesful in the first place. In killing (twice) He-man, and making all the series about Teela, making all the male characters ineffective and Teela cool but unsympathetic at first glance (she only seems to think, in this first part, about her feelings and don't have any sense of duty contrary to He-man) for me they have made a mistake, because this cartoon is for who now ?
    The fans (who, let be real, are mostly males) are pissed, because they feel betrayed contrary to the new She-ra who understood his female core-audience, and people like me, who don't care, find this cartoon ok but will not defend it, talk about it with friends, and help his buzz. From a marketing point, I think that it's deemed to fail.

For old niche cartoons like that, who was forgotten by so many people, you don't need controversy, you need your core-audience to be with you to help the word of mouth. It's a good example of the "Last Jedi effect" another movie/reboot that I really liked, but by subverting too much his formula, alienated his hard-fanbase who is always those who are the most vocals and give the tone of how people will talk about your product.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The same can be said for Star Wars. That's what kept that franchise alive in the 20 years between trilogies. It worked out well for it.