Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 879
  1. #736
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    720

    Default

    To quote Andy Dwyer "It's just... it's not good".

    The second half was better then the first but that's about it.

    * I liked the appearences of Spikor and Webstor. Overall this is a big point of the show. I played with the toys. For me there is significance in He-man and Skeletor. I had them. I also had several others. So don't limit yourself because you hold some figures as more important for the lore. We all had a different set of the toys. Try to use them all as much as you can.

    * No real weight behind the decisions. In a way I would have appreciated if Teela had to do as the sorceress said. It would have created some pretty significant consequences for the show. I knew we wheren't going that route so it never felt like a possibility.

    I wasn't a big fan of She-ra but at least that show felt like it had ambitions and love. This show felt more flat. Like it was sleepwalking it's way through a lot of the plot.

    When it comes to the toys I preferred the late stuff more. Snakemen and the Horde. So a second season might be fun.

  2. #737
    Astonishing Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    I feel no sympathy for Smith. I find it amusing/sad that he has turned into the kind of person that young Kevin Smith would despise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_EkvOCjc9A Take that version of Smith and contrast it with the current Smith saying how much he loved everything on Twitter and how it moved him to tears.

    The people who I feel bad for are the poor animators LOL. Imagine all your good work being lost in a sea of controversy caused by Netflix who gave the property to Kevin Smith who has stated many times THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE THE PROPERTY. Then hoping that there is enough goodwill left for a second season....that will be done by the same writing team.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  3. #738
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    exactly
    take Zeus for instance
    he was the king of the deities in Greek mythology
    he was the most lustful of all of them and constantly cheated on his wife/sister Hera
    some of the deities and demi-deities were the result of his extramarital affairs
    That's a bit of an oversimplification of what various Ancient Greeks actually believed. Some thought Zeus never had any affairs some thought he only had the affair that added divinity to their rulers, some thought Zeus was the only god.

  4. #739
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I feel no sympathy for Smith. I find it amusing/sad that he has turned into the kind of person that young Kevin Smith would despise. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w_EkvOCjc9A Take that version of Smith and contrast it with the current Smith saying how much he loved everything on Twitter and how it moved him to tears.

    The people who I feel bad for are the poor animators LOL. Imagine all your good work being lost in a sea of controversy caused by Netflix who gave the property to Kevin Smith who has stated many times THAT HE DIDN'T LIKE THE PROPERTY. Then hoping that there is enough goodwill left for a second season....that will be done by the same writing team.
    Since that supposed "Sea Of Controversy..." does not actually exist outside of the minds of a few folks who seem to be holding onto the idea that they might eventually be able to will it into existence?

    It's an actual molehill that no one is sweating.

  5. #740
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Saw the second half. Friggin loved it. I enjoyed the first half well enough but this second half was just great stuff. Loved seeing Adamís relationships with his parents, his friends and most of all Teela (I figured thatís where it was gonna go from the first half). I do feel so bad for all the hate Kevin Smith was getting after the release of the first half and all the claims made that have been proven false.
    Since it doesn't really amount to anything?

    No reason to feel sorry for any of the creators involved.

  6. #741
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That's a bit of an oversimplification of what various Ancient Greeks actually believed. Some thought Zeus never had any affairs some thought he only had the affair that added divinity to their rulers, some thought Zeus was the only god.
    The point is that there is precedent for gods thinking with the heads between their legs first and the ones on their shoulders second. Just because some didn't believe Zeus never had any affairs doesn't mean there aren't stories where such a thing happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since it doesn't really amount to anything?

    No reason to feel sorry for any of the creators involved.
    Just because it "didn't amount to anything" doesn't mean the venomous bile lobbed at them isn't something to pity them for. No one deserves that.

  7. #742
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    ...

    Just because it "didn't amount to anything" doesn't mean the venomous bile lobbed at them isn't something to pity them for. No one deserves that.
    That coin has another side...

    If folks are going to make that sort of an emotional commitment to fussing about your work? Never mind doing so with the finite amount of actual time alive that any given person will get?

    Exactly who it is we should really pity starts to become something of a coin toss.

  8. #743
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    78,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The point is that there is precedent for gods thinking with the heads between their legs first and the ones on their shoulders second. Just because some didn't believe Zeus never had any affairs doesn't mean there aren't stories where such a thing happens.
    True, although even with a precedent it doesn't make it as a plot point in this series any less ridiculous beyond horny people going to be horny .

  9. #744
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    That's a bit of an oversimplification of what various Ancient Greeks actually believed. Some thought Zeus never had any affairs some thought he only had the affair that added divinity to their rulers, some thought Zeus was the only god.
    Who were the ones that thought Zeus was the only god?
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire.
    It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/teen-...rfire-1975639/

    I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson.
    This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.
    http://www.facebook.com/SpiderManMaryJane/

  10. #745
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    I think that the problem with Skeletor and sex is that has he ever shown any interest in it before, if not then it does stand out VERY badly...

  11. #746
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,507

    Post

    Oh, this is still a thing, I lost interest after part one. That said, I never really liked He-Man anyway. However, I do like the new series for kids (the techno one with a team of young heroes).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  12. #747
    Astonishing Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Oh, this is still a thing, I lost interest after part one. That said, I never really liked He-Man anyway.
    According to Netflix that makes you perfect for helming a He-Man project. Get an agent. You are about to make some cash LOL.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 11-27-2021 at 10:36 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  13. #748
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    According to Netflix that makes you perfect for helming a He-Man project. Get an agent. You are about to make some cash LOL.
    Ah, I have one thing to say -

    Let's make it about cyborg werewolves who can shoot laser beams out of their eyes and are from LV-426, that would be lit.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  14. #749
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That coin has another side...

    If folks are going to make that sort of an emotional commitment to fussing about your work? Never mind doing so with the finite amount of actual time alive that any given person will get?

    Exactly who it is we should really pity starts to become something of a coin toss.
    This makes no sense.

  15. #750
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm on episode 2 of the second half. I am LOVING it. I loved the first half of the season and this second half is only cementing my love for this show.

    This got such premature hate for nothing.
    "Premature Hate for Nothing?"

    From the generation that watched the original series (I enjoyed the series from the early 2000s just as much), trust me, the hate this show got wasn't given, it was earned.

    I was really looking forward to this one. Even after the dumpster fire from the second episode I still watched the first half of this crap show. I'm going to try my absolute best to say this in the most polite way because quite a few people (including several posters) have the emotional ego of rice paper.

    This show follows the modern trend that gets many fans disappointed because it focuses more on 'the message' than telling a good story. Kevin Smith owes Clownfish TV a major apology. He flat out lied to the fans.

    As for this second half of the show, I'm going to wait to see what one particular reviewer says about it before I even consider giving it a chance.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-28-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •