Page 30 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm to busy trying to find where I gave it a pass. Care to point out where I did that? Might make it easier for me to respond to it.

The conversation wasn't about the violence, therefore I didn't address it.
    Well this conversation IS about it, care to tell me your feelings on the violence in the series, and if you feel it's appropriate for small children to see?

The world would probably still have a more barbarian/medieval "Conan" aesthetic to it, not that much time has passed, and those elements don't require magic to exist.

Cool. So it's for old school fans and old school fans only then. Old school fans shouldn't show it to their kids, or introduce their kids to the franchise with it, because it's 100% not for them.
    Well as you know there is already a kid friendly CGI series in the works. The toyline for Revelations is clearly aimed at the adult collector (with a higher price point) and there is a toyline for the upcoming kids-centric series that has less articulation and will thus probably be more affordable.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

What is peoples problem with this show? I don't really know anything about he-man so I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Well this conversation IS about it, care to tell me your feelings on the violence in the series, and if you feel it's appropriate for small children to see?
    Some of it yes. Most notably the cyborg church fight, as well as how Adam was taken out at the end. I would feel uncomfortable showing those to a younger child around the age the original series was marketed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The toyline for Revelations is clearly aimed at the adult collector (with a higher price point)
    They've also been releasing an entire line in the style of the original toys, at a kid-friendly price point, so they were clearly trying to get brand recognition with kids around the same time this series is being released.
    Last edited by Noodle; 07-27-2021 at 12:59 PM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Than this (which literally they all have the same model and face even):

And it wasn't a Cal arts toon or a Groening clone or a Pollard knock-off.

Was it the color palette that bothered you? That I can get because it didn't use a standard palette and it was a bit jarring for a few episodes. At least to me.
    If it was a Cal arts toon, I wouldn't have watched. :P But it was a show that had mature themes with animation that was designed for 10 year olds. It was jarring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If it was a Cal arts toon, I wouldn't have watched. :P But it was a show that had mature themes with animation that was designed for 10 year olds. It was jarring to me.
    I can respect that. And I totally get that. I wasn't too into the pseudo-anime style was popular in the early 2000s/late 90s. I hear you.

Having a kid that loved it helped me over the hump. The art grew on me. And it wasn't another hyper-colored show or a bean head toon for once!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Robert David is the creator and a writer for the new CG reboot. from look at his writing credits on IMDB. He did the screenplay for TMNT: Forever and has a writer for the TMNT 2003 series.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Robert David is the creator and a writer for the new CG reboot. from look at his writing credits on IMDB. He did the screenplay for TMNT: Forever and has a writer for the TMNT 2003 series.
    Well ... he knows how to balance fandoms. And probably knows how to ignore the trolls. That is a positive sign, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder about the designs in the CG Reboot, although they're already giving He-Man a shirt and pants:

Ugh...pants are fine, but shirt, and shoulder pads, nah. Unless its a Power Rangers style Battleizer or something.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Some of it yes. Most notably the cyborg church fight, as well as how Adam was taken out at the end. I would feel uncomfortable showing those to a younger child around the age the original series was marketed to.
    Cool, that's all I wanted to know. I also think it is a little to violent for young children.

They've also been releasing an entire line in the style of the original toys, at a kid-friendly price point, so they were clearly trying to get brand recognition with kids around the same time this series is being released.
    The Origins line, yeah I have been picking those up wherever I can find them. (Hard to find anything on the pegs though) I like that you can take them apart and swap parts with the other Masters (and the WWE line) for customizing purposes.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What is peoples problem with this show? I don't really know anything about he-man so I don't understand.
    While many would approach your question by telling you to read the thread, I'm going to assume you already knew that was an option and that you're looking for a relatively quick explainer and maybe something in a visual format. Unfortunately, there are so many lonnnng youtube videos (40 minutes to an hour) about this topic that do not meet our "relatively quick" goal, BUT I did finally find a popular 9 minute video that has 72K upvotes and only 2K downvotes. Bonus: he speaks in a Scottish accent.

The link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6GUGatFBLo

Now I'm not saying that everyone will agree with this dude's opinion (many will not), but given the upvotes and popularity, I will say that this video is representative of the opinion that you want to know more about.

I'll also try to find a popular, well-regarded video that is representative of the other side of the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Ugh...pants are fine, but shirt, and shoulder pads, nah. Unless its a Power Rangers style Battleizer or something.
    Yeah, He-Man should be shirtless...

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, He-Man should be shirtless...
    Facts.

So.....I was wondering in looking at people comment on Teela's reaction to finding out everything, which even I on rewatching think that she should have taken SUCH a hard left, but I get it, it's done, cool.

I wonder how they will have her (should the series address or be on long enough to address it) deal with the fact that the Sorceress is her biological mother. We have set a precedent for her reacting rashly, but I doubt they'd wanna just redo her flipping out over finding out the secret....so I wonder how they have her respond....
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Facts.

So.....I was wondering in looking at people comment on Teela's reaction to finding out everything, which even I on rewatching think that she should have taken SUCH a hard left, but I get it, it's done, cool.

I wonder how they will have her (should the series address or be on long enough to address it) deal with the fact that the Sorceress is her biological mother. We have set a precedent for her reacting rashly, but I doubt they'd wanna just redo her flipping out over finding out the secret....so I wonder how they have her respond....
    Part of her character growth could be she learns that some secrets are kept for a reason. And acting irrationally probably isn't the best solution to finding them out.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Kevin Smith's response to the backlash is hilarious. He's questioning the intelligence of his naysayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Kevin Smith's response to the backlash is hilarious. He's questioning the intelligence of his naysayers.
    Can I ask where he said this?

I was lucky enough to drive from my home to Red Bank NJ this past Saturday and meet face to face with Kevin himself (it was a He-Man event at his comic shop). We talked all about He-Man, new and old. He was beyond passionate about his coming story and was hoping everyone would love it. Now I saw him post on Facebook yesterday something about Clerks 3 and he mentioned he knew people were upset about the first 5 episodes. I did not see him say anything about anyone's intelligence.

I watched the first 5 episodes 3x now. Did I love it? Some parts I did some I did not. I did really enjoy most of it though. I grew up in the 80's as many of you did here. I am a He-Man fanatic. I am just happy to have Master of the Universe & He-Man back.

I mean we still have a bunch of episodes coming are way and I see many here just giving up on it because they believe they were wronged by Smith. I am sorry but I am not going to just give up on the series after only 5 episodes which were not that bad as some of you are claiming them to be.

Again I am just happy to look forward to more Masters & He-Man in the coming future.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime