Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He-man had his own toy aisles during the heart of his fame just as gijoe, transformers and turtles did but he-man had tons of stuff.

Many he-man things from then.

He-man was huge then.
    That's not what I was asking. I grew up then and saw the aisles. He-Man was the top seller till Real Ghostbusters came along.

My question was based on a toy documentary I watched, it stated that He-Man SPECIFICALLY out sold Barbie to girls (the overall toyline was #1 over GI Joe and Barbie).

My inference was that the show has had a significant female cohort, so basing it on Teela makes sense to me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 06-14-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So, here's the thing...

All the rumors everyone heard about what the show is really about, are true.

Out of Kevin Smith's own mouth.

At the 45 minute mark is when he starts talking about Masters of the Universe, and almost immediately confirms the first 10 minutes are basically what we saw in the trailer before it "shifts".
    The 49 minute mark is when he says the title refers to Teela and how this is all about Teela's journey. He intimated that she discovers Prince Adam is He-Man, but not from Adam himself, but rather whatever causes this cataclysm.

So, yeah, that's why it wasn't called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Revelation, its not about him exactly. He's important, obviously, but this is about Teela. My guess is she'll wield the power sword and become...not sure what she'd be called, Teela-Ra?
    Stop with the over-reactions, people. Smith does not say "this is all about Teela's journey" - just that her finding out about Adam is the reference in the title. He also went on to say that it opens the door to a lot of other revelations.

Smith addresses the rumors some more. I'm sure some people will still think Smith is misleading people, but he begins talking about it at 59:00

If you don't want to click, he literally says the show is all about He-Man. Marc, who's read all the scripts, agreed. Take it for whatever you want to take it as.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-14-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Stop with the over-reactions, people. Smith does not say "this is all about Teela's journey"
    He quite literally at the 49 minute mark of the video I posted (well, 49:13 to be precise) says and I quote "Revelation in the title, 'Masters of the Universe: Revelation', refers to Teela's Journey."

So don't do that.

If he's walking it back NOW that's different, but don't make like I made it up, dude. He spent the bulk of that interview talking about HER. Do I think more will be going on, YES, but that specific interview is what people were using to say he was lying and what he was defending against in tweets, some he's since deleted. YOUR video, comes days later to I guess clean things up a bit.

Second, I'M not overreacting, but I was trying phrase it in a way for people who would overreact ("So here's the thing..."). Like Frontier said its about execution and I think it will be good. Teela getting a chance to shine and (my theory) hold the power sword I want to see, as well as Clamp Champ.

If you don't want to click, he literally says the show is all about He-Man. Marc, who's read all the scripts, agreed. Take it for whatever you want to take it as.
    Wrong target, though I guess easy one. Find someone actually bitching about it and apply it to them, cause it wasn't me. As a He-Man fan I'm looking forward to it. YOU take THAT for whatever you want to take it as.

He quite literally at the 49 minute mark of the video I posted (well, 49:13 to be precise) says and I quote "Revelation in the title, 'Masters of the Universe: Revelation', refers to Teela's Journey."

So don't do that.
    I notice you left out the part where I acknowledge "- just that her finding out about Adam is the reference in the title. " So yes, I know that. Saying " this is all about Teela's journey" is wrong and potentially misleading people to think that's what the show is about. That's what I'm saying.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-14-2021 at 05:58 PM.

I notice you left out the part where I acknowledge "- just that her finding out about Adam is the reference in the title. " So yes, I know that. I also notice you just left out the part where you said " this is all about Teela's journey." That part is wrong. That's all I'm saying.
    I notice you left out my contribution to this thread past my quote that would put any doubts to context or how *I* feel about this. No quotes to them, funnily enough. "He-Man is important obviously" skipped that part, too, since we're talking about what we each left out.

No sure what your goal is here, but I've made myself clear a few times now, including here. That's all I'M saying. You want to balloon this thread to 50 pages talking back and forth or let it go? I'm for the show, I'm for Kevin Smith. If you don't think so...50 pages we go I guess.

I notice you left out my contribution to this thread past my quote that would put any doubts to context or how *I* feel about this. No quotes to them, funnily enough. "He-Man is important obviously" skipped that part, too, since we're talking about what we each left out.

No sure what your goal is here, but I've made myself clear a few times now, including here. That's all I'M saying. You want to balloon this thread to 50 pages talking back and forth or let it go? I'm for the show, I'm for Kevin Smith. If you don't think so...50 pages we go I guess.
    I'm not following all your comments on this thread, as I don't care about your personal opinion. To reiterate:
    Saying " this is all about Teela's journey" is wrong and potentially misleading people to think that's what the show is about. That's what I'm saying.

I'm fine being done with this as well and moving on.

I'm not following all your comments on this thread, as I don't care about your personal opinion.
    Nor I yours. So we truly have been talking past each other. *shrugs* Moving on.

Stop with the over-reactions, people. Smith does not say "this is all about Teela's journey" - just that her finding out about Adam is the reference in the title. He also went on to say that it opens the door to a lot of other revelations.

Smith addresses the rumors some more. I'm sure some people will still think Smith is misleading people, but he begins talking about it at 59:00

Is...Smith baked?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Pretty much confirms that this is a Teela show.

Which I am all in for.

"Masters of the Universe: Revelation is set up as the next episode of the original animated series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, which aired from 1983-85 and introduced He-Man and Skeletor from Mattel’s toy line.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation picks up where the iconic characters left off decades ago. After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe."

And now we know the sword is broken, not lost.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That reminds me, saw the MOTU:R Battle Cat at Target today.

So basically the Origins line (re-releases of the original line from the 1980's) and the Revelation line will co-exist on the toy isle. I hope synergy kicks in and they start cranking out the Origins waves a bit faster (except for He-Man and Skeletor they sell out quick).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Pretty much confirms that this is a Teela show.

Which I am all in for.

"Masters of the Universe: Revelation is set up as the next episode of the original animated series He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, which aired from 1983-85 and introduced He-Man and Skeletor from Mattel’s toy line.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation picks up where the iconic characters left off decades ago. After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe."

And now we know the sword is broken, not lost.
    It looks to me like Teela is driving the plot but it's about her and Adam together, more or less. That and getting the sword back together so Adam can become He-Man again.

Not digging her new look though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks to me like Teela is driving the plot but it's about her and Adam together, more or less. That and getting the sword back together so Adam can become He-Man again.

Not digging her new look though.
    I liked it in stills.

Not so much in action.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I liked it in stills.

Not so much in action.
    It looks like they're turning her into a generic female action hero.