Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Its unclear when she figured it out (some have speculated she knew the very first time she laid eyes on He-Man), but she all but blurted it out at the end of The Rainbow Warrior.

Everyone was captured, she freed only Adam. At the end, Adam asked her why, and she was coy with the reason why.

Revelation simply confirms it outright rather than leave it up to speculation.
    Thank you. It's been a long time. I remember the 2002 series more than the one from the 80s
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-26-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Thank you. It's been a long time. I remember the 2002 series more than the one from the 80s
    I'm not sure if she knew in the 2002 series. It seemed to borrow from the Filmation series but was otherwise its own thing. I'd like to think had the show continued it would have done its own version of The Rainbow Warrior complete with a wink wink she probably knows, but...guess we'll never know.

Ah and you're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Do you really have to attack the character in such a sexist fashion?
    I wouldn't consider that sexist by that description I could had assumed he meant Sam Witwicky from the Bayformers films if taken out of context.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I wouldn't consider that sexist by that description I could had assumed he meant Sam Witwicky from the Bayformers films if taken out of context.
    They are referring to a female character. Addressing a female with that language is quite distasteful.

I'm not even defending the series or the character, I just don't think female characters in a series directed ostensibly for a younger audience should be addressed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yes, those are the words I'd have used to describe Sam's Character too. (Its a word I use often and I hear my friend's two sisters call each other that all the time. Sometimes I forget to use a filter)

As for Teela, Adam saved her life countless times and his mom just got the news her son died saving everyone. Yeah, she's pretty despicable
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-26-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    Where's the lie?
    Asked and answered by several posts above already.

I *am* amused at how some people want to lawyer their way out of the plain meaning and implication of words, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They are referring to a female character. Addressing a female with that language is quite distasteful.
    Is is true, though? I think Godzilla makes a good case that the description is correct.

I will say that likable characters aren't a strength of this show. The animation, though? Pretty awesome.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post

I *am* amused at how some people want to lawyer their way out of the plain meaning and implication of words, though.

Is is true, though? I think Godzilla makes a good case that the description is correct.

I will say that likable characters aren't a strength of this show. The animation, though? Pretty awesome.
    It could just be me but I don’t think “bitch” is a word I would use on any woman.

Fictional or otherwise.

I appreciate that, I really do, but I'll try my best and refrain next time. I should have said "Brat" instead. That's all I'll say regarding it. (I don't want to drag this topic through the mud. Trust me, don't jump into that hole)
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-26-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I appreciate that, I really do, but I'll try my best and refrain next time. I should have said "Brat" instead. That's all I'll say regarding it. (I don't want to drag this topic through the mud. Trust me, don't jump into that hole)
    Fair enough.

This is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You challenged someone to mention when He-Man steps aside, and when someone did, you deflect with a different tactic? (while once again being rudely dismissive of anyone with an opinion that isn't yours) Your agenda is clear and engaging in reasonable discourse is not it.
    Which is something that never happened.

Anyone that has actually seen even the first episode can tell you that there is no point where the character He-Man steps aside to leave whoever do whatever.

Again, I don't really have any problem with legitimate criticism of the series thus far.

The grumbling over that folks will not entertain the idea that a molehill is actually a mountain or the criticism of a show that does not actually exist?

That gets old fast.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-26-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Speaking of plain meanings...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thes...e%20%28from%29

step aside (from)
    to give up (a job or office)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Clownfish TV? I've seen some of what those inflammatory hacks post on youtube. Smith would have been better off ignoring them. They're the kind of people that support Vic Minogna and Ryan Heywood over their victims.
    That aspect is a whole other can of worms...

Folks want to spend ninety percent of the discussion on Smith while attempting to just not discuss what Smith was responding to.

All-New Member

I don't know exactly what happened with Kevin Smith and this cartoon. All I read about is the people who are whining and crying over Kevin Smith whining and crying. WTF? I have NO freekin clue what all the drama is about. I'm pretty sure though, it was nothing more than advertising fodder for the show.

My reviews of MOTU: Revelation

*First and foremost the transformation scenes were lackluster, dull, and a huge snoozefest! I mean, seriously.......all the light shows and loud orchestra music in the world can't cover up the [yawn] "by the power of greyskull" [yawn] abomination.

* I never understood the hairy underwear.

*Teela was pretty good though. I don't see what people are complaining about this show being "WOKE". I didn't see it.

*Kevin Smith's apparently a man hater of extreme measures. I've never seen any male character SO man-bashed as Adam was. Not to mention killed TWICE!? Wow....really!?

*Hearing The Jokers voice come out of Skeletor had me ROFLMAO!! Geez. What the hell were they shooting up when they signed on Hamill for Skeletors voice??????

*It's about time though, that the secrets of Greyskull are finally revealed.

*I love they gave some depth to Orco and Evil Lyn. It's about time!

Seems they are going to kill everybody off in the show, in order to bring them all back at the end. Ignorant.
    Also seems Teela make take up the Power of Greyskull in order to defeat the Joker..........uh, I mean Skeletor.
    But in the end, it will all be given back to Adam.

On the flip side.....

If He-Man is supposed to be the most powerful man in the universe, then WHY has he had a craptastic time of defeating ANY of the bad guys?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??? That's not the most powerful man in the universe, that's the most inept and useless man in the universe! Hell, even with Adora at his side, he couldn't do any better!!!

Maybe it's time for Teela to take on her rightful place with the Power, the sword, and Greyskull, since she IS the Sorceresses daughter. It's about time we finally had that soap opera give us some pertinent information!! Maybe Tee-La can do what He-Man and She-Ra never could.

Can we admit that Kevin Smith was at least somewhat misleading? BTW, I thought the show was pretty decent. On a like/dislike scale, I lean towards like. But one can like the show and admit some of the promotion was at best bad/clunky and at worst downright dishonest, right? Because we are people capable of nuance, right?

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/s...47608384204806

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/s...67602025426945

Jeez...

To circle back around to if anyone should even be taking any of this "But... Kevin Smith..." bit serious when it comes to these two...

Do you know what they have in common if you actually click on the links? This will be what you see as far as what Smith is responding to in both instances. -

This Tweet is unavailable.

So what's the story with He-Man??? (I don't have netflix anymore)

I heard it's out you tube so I clicked He Man for this week, hoping to see the trailer, and instead I get an endless list of people critiquing it as horrible.

"They say it's a woke version of He-Man? He's hardly in it, and Teela is the star, and all the men play subordinate roles? and that she has man shoulders lol.

Is this true or are these people just middle aged fans having a fit and over exaggerating???