Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
Overall I mainly feel bad for smith that Netflix only released 5 episodes, if the last 5 episodes are focused on a now weakened/injured Adam developing and fighting to take down skeletor or I guess he is now skelegod, then it would address almost all the issues people have with the lack of he-man in this series. I can't really form any major opinions about the show so far because it literally shuts it down half way through, even in my favorite films of all time, if the movie just ended half way through, it massively would have changed how I viewed that movie, so I don't feel its fair to just form a complete opinion on this so far. My only real complaint aside from it abruptly ending is that I do wish that Andra had been replaced with another character who was more well know and could use development, someone like Clamp Champ, Stratos or Sy-Klone (my personal favorite) but that is just me. Andra is fine but I wish the development could have gone to a more known character who could have used the development instead.

Overall the animation was amazing, the first episode was everything I wanted this show to be and the cliffhanger for ep 5 was well done just upsetting because it felt a bit abrupt, other than that it is really hard to feel too strongly about this because it literally is only half way done.

I will say the discourse around this is sad because we have reached a place where if you disliked the show,it can only be because you are not a "true fan" and are alt right. Similarly it seems like if you liked the show you are "woke and hate he-man" It just sucks that 99 percent of conversations are basically people arguing this. Both sides of it generalize everyone they disagree with as the absolute worst thing they can think of and its weird how people on those sides cannot stand each other so much but almost act identically when it comes to things like this, possessing an attitude of " agree with everything I say or you are alt right or woke" depending on who said it. Alt right idiots say " true fans hate this" and the other side says "anyone who dislikes this is not a true fan" how about there are different perspectives and what works for some doesn't work for others, sure are their idiots who hate this because they are sexist, absolutely but there are also people who genuinely wanted to see a show focused on he-man and are bummed they got a teela centric series instead. Man do I miss when people actually discussed things on merit and actual quality, instead of a bunch of third grade esque name calling to shut down anyone who disagrees, it is just really damn sad this is what most things have devolved into
It's been like this for quite some time.