Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Honestly its only the killing off of characters that bums me out. I was looking forward to something strongly Teela oriented, that bothers me not a bit. But some stuff I don't want the stakes of death. I get that it brings permanent consequence but its just not something I'm looking for with certain properties. But that's the only thing with me, but that seems to not be what has other people on edge, heh.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-24-2021 at 06:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Yes as long they criticize up to the point where they stopped. Someone quitting before reaching the end is in itself a damning criticism
    No, it really is not.

As for someone's take on something that they have only watched half of being worth much?

Would you seriously even let someone get five minute into what they thought of The Usual Suspects when they caught the first half of it?

Past that, there is just no getting around that any "Not Enough Focus..." criticism falters the split second that you try to make it based on an incomplete whole.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You clearly missed some things...
    Nope, nope, nope, he clearly said that he almost hate watched it. And Netflix still gave him the job. Then he wants to start talking about seeing who is a hardcore fan? I'm not taking anything away from Smith, that is a baller move with a capitol B. Dude has that Rian Johnson/Paul Feig Big Franchise Energy.

I just find it strange that Netflix would give him the job.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-24-2021 at 06:58 PM. Reason: I want to make "BIG FRANCHISE ENERGY" a thing. Who is with me?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

From what I read from the variety interview.

spoilers:
    Adam doesn't die in episode 5, he only got very wounded
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Seems Adam will be a main foucs in the second part
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

By the way, that was a crazy cliff-hanger -- Skeletor finally does what he's wanted to do all along! What will he even do with this power now that he has it? How long will it be before Evil-Lyn betrays him?? (she absolutely will) I'm a bit concerned that Beast Man will pay the price for it though. Do we know why Beast Man is so loyal to her? Was that in the lore before or is this actually a new thing?

I have to say whoever thought of casting Liam Cunningham as Man-at-Arms should get a raise because he does a phenomenal job! Especially introducing the setting through all those shots of everyone in their classic Mattel designs .

This show has an...interesting balance of tones to where it starts off as campy and pun-filled as the original show but then people start getting stabbed and the stakes get more serious...although I will say things were more consistent after the time-skip, but sometimes it feels like the show isn't quite sure what it's audience is.

That He-Man transformation sequence was too glorious to only use in one episode.

I feel kind of bad for Chris Wood. I really was happy for him being cast as Prince Adam/He-Man because I felt like this was a role that could regain him some rep in nerd culture given how controversial his Mon-El was in the Supergirl show...and he's dead by the end of the first episode, save for flashbacks, a fear vision of He-Man, and the final episode. Like, the worst part is he actually does a great job in the role, conveying the duality of Adam/He-Man like in the 2002 cartoon with the sincerity and integrity that define the character, and I wish we could get more of him. Maybe they will showcase him more in the second half because I don't think they'd have him forego paradise just to get killed again soon or without transforming into He-Man one last time, I don't think they'd do He-Man dirty like that, but I would love to see Wood play He-Man in the upcoming CG cartoon .

This show is somewhat infamous for the less than honest marketing, at least in terms of trailers and promotional art, although even just in the title alone...for a show titled "Masters of the Universe" there...really aren't a lot of the actual Masters of the Universe in it. Like, we've got Teela, Man-at-Arms, Roboto, Andra, and some former bad guys...but where's Ram-Man? Man-E Faces? Mekaneck? Stratos!? I mean, I'm not ruling out a big "bringing the band back together" moment in the second half but they didn't even show them in the big battle at the beginning or mention where everybody is.

As a fan of the 2002 cartoon...Cringer talking is weird.

I feel like Teela really overreacted to finding out about Adam being He-Man. Like, yeah, I can see why she would be angry that her father and best friend were keeping such a huge secret from her for so long but coming off He-Man sacrificing himself to save Eternia (at least as far as he was aware) it came off a bit in bad taste. I know she was distraught over his death but then she ends up not doing what Adam hoped she would until it was basically thrown in her face. I also didn't really care for her being all "anti-magic." If anything I can see her being angry but dedicating herself more to her work instead of just writing it all off and walking away.

They're dragging out the reveal that the Sorcereress is Teela's mother as long as they possibly can, huh?

I haven't watched the 80's cartoon but I think Adam's mom knowing he's He-Man was hinted at in the 2002 cartoons? Or the writers implied it.

The time-skip redesigns that looked the best were the ones that barely changed anything in my opinion. Teela transformed into generic female merc #5 and when she fought her old self I was thinking I wanted to see that Teela again.

Kevin Conroy as Mer-Man works far more than it has any right too .

Orko is finally useful and they kill him off not long after. He doesn't even get to see Adam again. Poor guy.

Isn't Tri-Klops supposed to have eyebeams? I feel like those would have been pretty useful in some of the scenes he was in.

Moss-Man being voiced by OG!Skeletor is kind of amusing when you think of the fact that he's quickly killed off by Skeletor here and then ends up advising He-Man in the season finale.

Wasn't that Skeletor's panther in the Wild Hunt?

I knew Skeletor was going to come back through the quest, but I thought Evil-Lynn was planning on it from the start, not unaware of it until he actually came back, although she played to type to the very end...no wonder she added "Evil" to her name.

Mark Hamill is basically playing the Skeleton King again. Even his souped up form with the Power of Grayskull looks like the Skeleton King.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Nope, nope, nope, he clearly said that he almost hate watched it. And Netflix still gave him the job. Then he wants to start talking about seeing who is a hardcore fan? I'm not taking anything away from Smith, that is a baller move with a capitol B. Dude has that Rian Johnson/Paul Feig Big Franchise Energy.

I just find it strange that Netflix would give him the job.
    Again...

Politely, you missed some things.

When I watched The Golden Girls the first time, I was absolutely watching under protest.

Guess who is a huge fan that can rattle off episodes backwards?

That first bit is obviously not the whole story.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 07-24-2021 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    By the way, that was a crazy cliff-hanger -- Skeletor finally does what he's wanted to do all along! What will he even do with this power now that he has it? How long will it be before Evil-Lyn betrays him?? (she absolutely will) I'm a bit concerned that Beast Man will pay the price for it though. Do we know why Beast Man is so loyal to her? Was that in the lore before or is this actually a new thing?
    Uh...

Wasn't the most obvious possible reason right there in the story?

Uh...

Wasn't the most obvious possible reason right there in the story?
    Uh.... just asking. In case there was more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    From what I read from the variety interview.

spoilers:
    Adam doesn't die in episode 5, he only got very wounded
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Seems Adam will be a main foucs in the second part
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I am down for this .
    end of spoilers

As a big fan of the original show, I'm loving this. I've only seen episode 1 but wanted to say that much. I'm avoiding reading this thread because of spoilers but will comment more later.

Extraordinary Member

Almost 1600 people on an entire planet might not have liked this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Teela should have quit the royal guard because Randor ordered her father's execution, not because Adam was keeping his double life a secret.
    I thought it was exile, with the added penalty of death if Duncan tried to build anything.

Randor always let Adam know that he saw him as a disappointment. Finding out that his son was in fact a hero, that all that shade was misplaced and Duncan hid it from him all this time....

If Randor HAD ordered Duncan's execution I wouldn't have been shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Teela should have quit the royal guard because Randor ordered her father's execution, not because Adam was keeping his double life a secret.
    spoilers:
    Then again the fourth episode reveals that it wasn't really Adam's secret she was angry about. Rather that she felt unworthy that Adam didn't put his faith in her.
    end of spoilers

I haven’t read the worst comments. I don’t know where to go to find them.

The show, as it is now, is another thing. That is more interesting to talk about.

I watched She-ra halfway through. Didn’t like the direction they where going with my favorites and just lost interest. In hindsight that is a good show just not written for me.

Castlevania fell apart especially in it’s last season. It felt rushed and sloppy.

Motu feels more like Castlevania then She-ra. Many of the big decisions aren’t bad or even surprising. It’s more with the execution that the problems lie.

Five episodes is not a good idea. Shame on you Netflix. It leaves the creators in a though spot because while we can speculate we have to judge what has been given us. Nothing more and nothing less.

Focusing on Teela is ok. Vastly superior to Orko , who I’m happy is off the board. Yet as Frontier stated we need more of the masters. We all played with some toy that for some reason was our favorite. Somewhere we are hoping for them to show up.

Teela isn’t given much beside anger when it comes towards her relationship with He-man and Adam. Witch just makes it harder for us get to know her and invest ourselves. Why was she and Adam friends? Why did that make it so hard for her to accept he didn’t tell his secret? The same with He-man. What did she think of them as individuals and now what does she think of them knowing they are the same.

He-man is downplayed as some sort of failure. As Adam he stumbles around. As He-man he stands around letting Skeletor slow move towards victory. He isn’t being recognized as a great defender just some temporary guy. A placeholder. If you want to explore eternia without He-man you don’t have do this basic 101 mistake. You don’t have to downplay what was before to elevate what is happening now.

Personally I got into the toys at the end of the line so I played more with the horde and the snake men toys. I’m hoping the show stays on long enough for them to show up.

I’m up to episode for and am shocked by how much I love this. I still haven’t read through the thread but wanted to share my opinion so far.