Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

traditionally, how far apart from one another are the Royal Palace, castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain? How many miles/kilometers?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Midnight Edge went off the rails. They've taken to fanning the flames and want to make big deals out of ant hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    traditionally, how far apart from one another are the Royal Palace, castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain? How many miles/kilometers?

You had me curious so I pulled up this old Masters of the Universe map (Unfortunately most of the writing is unreadable, but...)

Down below to the Southeast of Castle Greyskull is the Eternos Palace where Prince Adam, the king, queen, Man at Arms and Teela live.

If you go way far east into the dark hemisphere, the little orange blot south of the dragon wings is Snake Mountain
    (It shows up better on Pintrest enlarged) so Skeletor's abode is a long way off from Castle Grayskull.

The other one I can make out is Avion in the Northern continent. This is where King Stratos and the bird type men live.

I'm assuming were the sea monster is, is where Mer Man is located?

Incredible Member

I finally saw it and had my thoughts.

spoilers:

1. The biggest problem with this series so far is it feels rushed. It needed at least 3 episodes to lay down the status quo before they started the actual episode 1 so we can get an emotional attachment and see what their baseline is. It's triggering a few long nascent memories, but who the hell would know most of it? Plus its pacing is a bit off.

2. The other thing is I have no idea whom this is being marketed for. If it's nostalgia, it's too innovative. If it's to get a new generation on board, it's too violent. It also loves telegraphing what's going to happen with one very notable exception that really got people raging.

3. It hit me like a ton of bricks whom Teela is: It's a repackaged Buffy. I'm sensing a lot of similar dialogue coming from Sarah Michelle Geller. Oddly enough I don't mind, but meh, not doing her any favors.

4. The death of Adam shocked her, but what really set Teela off was watching that @#$#@$@ Randor threaten her father with execution and then demand she exile her father. I would have responded similarly and honestly, it is a frieking miracle that Randor didn't immediately ask for her execution as well. Yes, he's grieving but watching him rule makes me glad that I live in a democracy. It's also why Marlena (whose a big damn spacewoman) grieved first because often it's the Queen that shows the emotions that the King does not.

If this is how he rules normally, I probably would have been on Keldor's side pre-Skeletor.

5. Cringer is adorable. I've had my cat do something similar to what he did when he got Adam back.

6. I'm probably the biggest Tri-Klops mark here and so loved what he did in the aftermath (his own cybercult shows he was the most competent member after Evil-Lyn), but suddenly the man known for seeing all is easily blindsided and somehow has stopped having energy eyes, his signature weapon. Please use him more and make him scarier. Hell bring his sword out now that Skeletor is back.

7. Evil-Lyn carried the show in all her British snark.

8. They managed to use Scare Glow. I didn't think anybody would use Scare Glow and that well.

9. He-Man is a big damn hero in every sense of the word.

10. Keep the horrible puns coming. It amused me terribly.

11. Orko has a great arc and they managed to do something I didn't think was possible: like him. Even if they did change his history a little from the original 80's cartoon.

12. Roboto is a big damn hero as well. But who builds a Robot with a nuclear core? But they kill him off and walk off and don't bother telling Duncan that he died?

13. Duncan is Batman.

14. Somebody really liked Master of the Universe the motion picture. From Skeletor becoming a god, to those funky hoverpads, yes I liked it.

15. Looking forward to the next five episodes.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There were a lot more since Beast Wars. Prime had one of each side often. The WFC's Kingdom arc had a lot more female roles that your average TFers.

I would say it is apt.
    Tangent time!

One thing that bugs me about Transformers as a whole is that the male Autobots can have a whole variety of body shapes and types (rightfully so, it helps differentiate them: Bumblebee, Brawn, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, and Prime all vary greatly in height and shape from each other, including potbellies), but every female Autobot -- especially in G1 season 2 where we had several of them that predate Arcee -- has the same supermodel body type.

Okay, that's it from me. Back to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Tangent time!

One thing that bugs me about Transformers as a whole is that the male Autobots can have a whole variety of body shapes and types (rightfully so, it helps differentiate them: Bumblebee, Brawn, Jazz, Trailbreaker, Ironhide, and Prime all vary greatly in height and shape from each other, including potbellies), but every female Autobot -- especially in G1 season 2 where we had several of them that predate Arcee -- has the same supermodel body type.

Okay, that's it from me. Back to the thread.
    They've gotten better about it...especially in a show like RiD where there was a pretty strong variety of female Transformer body types, although the main ones do tend to default to the typical Fembot look.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They've gotten better about it...especially in a show like RiD where there was a pretty strong variety of female Transformer body types, although the main ones do tend to default to the typical Fembot look.
    Hah, I got a moderator to go off-topic!

Been a while, but I finally convinced my friend to give his thoughts on the series. I'm happy he took my advice. hee hee, fire

his summary -

"My long-awaited review. I cover the controversy surrounding this show giving my honest thoughts. Buckle up I get very salty in this one. I meticulously dismantle the absurd critiques surrounding this fantastic series." (italics mine)

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Been a while, but I finally convinced my friend to give his thoughts on the series. I'm happy he took my advice. hee hee, fire

his summary -

"My long-awaited review. I cover the controversy surrounding this show giving my honest thoughts. Buckle up I get very salty in this one. I meticulously dismantle the absurd critiques surrounding this fantastic series." (italics mine)
    Methinks your friend is patting himself on the back too much here. His arguments weren't new or even all that interesting / thought-provoking. The crux of the video is that he thinks the classic show sucked, and so any changes that were made to it are good. He goes to that well repeatedly, over and over again. It's not an original argument and it's also not really a legitimate response to fans that actually liked the old cartoon. "You're wrong, your show actually sucked" is not good argumentation. (This doesn't even get into how he couldn't explain in any detail why the Netflix show is "deeper"/better according to him.)

his summary -

LOL, Dude, just admit that this is you.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    LOL, Dude, just admit that this is you.
    I would if it was. It would help me help him more if I were him on Reddit because I can't promote other people's stuff there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Methinks your friend is patting himself on the back too much here. His arguments weren't new or even all that interesting / thought-provoking. The crux of the video is that he thinks the classic show sucked, and so any changes that were made to it are good. He goes to that well repeatedly, over and over again. It's not an original argument and it's also not really a legitimate response to fans that actually liked the old cartoon. "You're wrong, your show actually sucked" is not good argumentation. (This doesn't even get into how he couldn't explain in any detail why the Netflix show is "deeper"/better according to him.)
    I've given up on the show (I don't like it at all), so I can't speak for him. Leave this sort of comment on YouTube I'm sure my buddy would appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella probably wish they were part of this
    Hmmm. If they did it would have been short-term work, I imagine.

Incredible Member

I would if it was. It would help me help him more if I were him on Reddit because I can't promote other people's stuff there lol.
    I've given up on the show (I don't like it at all), so I can't speak for him. Leave this sort of comment on YouTube I'm sure my buddy would appreciate the feedback.
    If you're serious about helping him, and if he's serious about accepting constructive feedback, the first thing he needs to do is not film himself anymore. Look to Perch for how to a successful youtube channel. We never see Perch's face or body, and he strives for cold, unfeeling analysis that is numbers-based when possible. And people dig that like crazy.

Will it be addressed in the second half how the rest of He-Man's friends feel about his death?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."