Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 643
  1. #331
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Smith confirmed that they're in an actual relationship?
    Even if he did I wouldn't believe him.

  2. #332
    You guessed it mr_crisp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I didn't see Teela and Andra as having a romantic relationship when I was watching the series. I just saw them as friends, maybe even having a sibling-like. From what I watch, I saw Teela having romantic feelings for Adam, not Andra.
    I get a knight and squire type vibe from them.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

    Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

    Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

    "This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

  3. #333
    Reborn Samurai Len Ikari145's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Right behind you.
    Posts
    4,943

    Default

    I do wish that Netflix had gone with Rob David's original pitch for the reboot sequel, with Adam surviving in the first episode but losing the power of He-Man and being forced to build himself back up. It would've made for excellent character development for him as the main protagonist and it still would've given the other main characters more agency in the plot.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

    Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

  4. #334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Netflix should have just done the smart thing and released all the episodes at the same time, good or bad it would have been better than do a part 1 and part 2.

    Reboot as in a movie or what exactly?

    Reboot as in a new show that does a different take and has no connections to the 80s cartoon. It's going to be an action show.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-25-2021 at 07:33 PM.

  5. #335
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I do wish that Netflix had gone with Rob David's original pitch for the reboot sequel, with Adam surviving in the first episode but losing the power of He-Man and being forced to build himself back up. It would've made for excellent character development for him as the main protagonist and it still would've given the other main characters more agency in the plot.
    I'll be honest; I thought Adam had been teleported into Preternia, thus becoming stuck, with everyone only thinking he died. But nope. The show was pretty adamant that he died.

  6. #336
    Incredible Member regg215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Overall I mainly feel bad for smith that Netflix only released 5 episodes, if the last 5 episodes are focused on a now weakened/injured Adam developing and fighting to take down skeletor or I guess he is now skelegod, then it would address almost all the issues people have with the lack of he-man in this series. I can't really form any major opinions about the show so far because it literally shuts it down half way through, even in my favorite films of all time, if the movie just ended half way through, it massively would have changed how I viewed that movie, so I don't feel its fair to just form a complete opinion on this so far. My only real complaint aside from it abruptly ending is that I do wish that Andra had been replaced with another character who was more well know and could use development, someone like Clamp Champ, Stratos or Sy-Klone (my personal favorite) but that is just me. Andra is fine but I wish the development could have gone to a more known character who could have used the development instead.

    Overall the animation was amazing, the first episode was everything I wanted this show to be and the cliffhanger for ep 5 was well done just upsetting because it felt a bit abrupt, other than that it is really hard to feel too strongly about this because it literally is only half way done.

    I will say the discourse around this is sad because we have reached a place where if you disliked the show,it can only be because you are not a "true fan" and are alt right. Similarly it seems like if you liked the show you are "woke and hate he-man" It just sucks that 99 percent of conversations are basically people arguing this. Both sides of it generalize everyone they disagree with as the absolute worst thing they can think of and its weird how people on those sides cannot stand each other so much but almost act identically when it comes to things like this, possessing an attitude of " agree with everything I say or you are alt right or woke" depending on who said it. Alt right idiots say " true fans hate this" and the other side says "anyone who dislikes this is not a true fan" how about there are different perspectives and what works for some doesn't work for others, sure are their idiots who hate this because they are sexist, absolutely but there are also people who genuinely wanted to see a show focused on he-man and are bummed they got a teela centric series instead. Man do I miss when people actually discussed things on merit and actual quality, instead of a bunch of third grade esque name calling to shut down anyone who disagrees, it is just really damn sad this is what most things have devolved into
    Last edited by regg215; 07-26-2021 at 12:24 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

  7. #337
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,398

    Default

    I have the feeling that killing of the sorceress would have been a saver way to do a big epic He-Man story where Teela get's a lot of focus.

    Revelations looks to me like the creators wanted to do some exiting shake-up of the status quo and simply went a few steps to far.

  8. #338
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    ...I can't really form any major opinions about the show so far because it literally shuts it down half way through, even in my favorite films of all time, if the movie just ended half way through, it massively would have changed how I viewed that movie, so I don't feel its fair to just form a complete opinion on this so far...

    I will say the discourse around this is sad because we have reached a place where if you disliked the show,it can only be because you are not a "true fan" and are alt right. Similarly it seems like if you liked the show you are "woke and hate he-man"...
    I think one can and should be able to form an opinion on the production values (e.g., animation, voice work, score, etc.) because those are going to be constants regardless of how good or bad the series turns out to be. However, as you point out, the entire first season has not been released, so the story is still, as far as we're concerned, incomplete. Making sweeping negative judgments about the "direction" of this series seems premature, especially since most of the negativity is centered on the lack of He-Man, which may very well be remedied in the second half of the season and moving forward.

    While, for the most part, the original series consisted of stand-alone episodes, this series consists of episodes that build on each other to form a large arc and tell a grander story. I believe this arc was built to both modernize the show and establish its mythos, while also setting up higher stakes. I have no doubt that He-Man will be the central figure in this series after this build-up. However, I agree that Netflix should have released the entire first season. I think they made the decision to release the first half of the season to generate excitement, but all it did was generate negative criticism.

  9. #339
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think one can and should be able to form an opinion on the production values (e.g., animation, voice work, score, etc.) because those are going to be constants regardless of how good or bad the series turns out to be. However, as you point out, the entire first season has not been released, so the story is still, as far as we're concerned, incomplete. Making sweeping negative judgments about the "direction" of this series seems premature, especially since most of the negativity is centered on the lack of He-Man, which may very well be remedied in the second half of the season and moving forward.

    While, for the most part, the original series consisted of stand-alone episodes, this series consists of episodes that build on each other to form a large arc and tell a grander story. I believe this arc was built to both modernize the show and establish its mythos, while also setting up higher stakes. I have no doubt that He-Man will be the central figure in this series after this build-up. However, I agree that Netflix should have released the entire first season. I think they made the decision to release the first half of the season to generate excitement, but all it did was generate negative criticism.
    Even if the story is incomplete people will judge what they were given and if the first half didn't do it for them then they don't have a reason to come back for the second. People will not wait for something to get good.

  10. #340
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Even if the story is incomplete people will judge what they were given and if the first half didn't do it for them then they don't have a reason to come back for the second. People will not wait for something to get good.
    If the major complaints are about the lack of He-Man, I stand by those judgments being premature. Again, he will probably be the central figure once the first season, which was probably meant to be a prologue of sorts, is complete.

  11. #341
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    If the major complaints are about the lack of He-Man, I stand by those judgments being premature. Again, he will probably be the central figure once the first season, which was probably meant to be a prologue of sorts, is complete.
    Those fans don't have that reassurance. The show left Adam mortally wounded. It kickoff by killing him off and when they brought back he was immediately benched. It's not looking good.

  12. #342
    Incredible Member Malachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    Overall I mainly feel bad for smith that Netflix only released 5 episodes, if the last 5 episodes are focused on a now weakened/injured Adam developing and fighting to take down skeletor or I guess he is now skelegod, then it would address almost all the issues people have with the lack of he-man in this series. I can't really form any major opinions about the show so far because it literally shuts it down half way through, even in my favorite films of all time, if the movie just ended half way through, it massively would have changed how I viewed that movie, so I don't feel its fair to just form a complete opinion on this so far. My only real complaint aside from it abruptly ending is that I do wish that Andra had been replaced with another character who was more well know and could use development, someone like Clamp Champ, Stratos or Sy-Klone (my personal favorite) but that is just me. Andra is fine but I wish the development could have gone to a more known character who could have used the development instead.

    Overall the animation was amazing, the first episode was everything I wanted this show to be and the cliffhanger for ep 5 was well done just upsetting because it felt a bit abrupt, other than that it is really hard to feel too strongly about this because it literally is only half way done.
    I wrote something similair. We have to remember though that this was the deal. Netflix didn't renegade and published the first half because they where impatient. 5 episodes of 10 leaves very little room to do stories where as you say perhaps the first part has a different focus then the later parts. I think streaming plattforms and Netlix in particular are learning more and more about what a season needs for us to want another season. Five epsidoes to both give us somethign new and old to entice us for five more episodes are not a good plan. Better to release the whole season when it's done. If they want us to always be waiting for more installments of shows then maybe it's better to have longer seasons with more episodes relaesed at intervalls or have connected shows. For me there is no real difference in waiting half a year or a year. I still will remember the same amount and will be at the same level of anticipation.

  13. #343
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those fans don't have that reassurance. The show left Adam mortally wounded. It kickoff by killing him off and when they brought back he was immediately benched. It's not looking good.
    Logic and common sense tell me that the first "death" and closing wounding are were just written to up the stakes and generate excitement. I am almost positive they are not going to kill or sideline He-Man after this prologue is complete. This is why I feel Netflix made the biggest mistake by not releasing the entire season. By season's end, it will be established that He-Man is not only the central figure of this series but that he isn't going anywhere. I also don't believe they've permanently killed off Orko.

  14. #344
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    475

    Default

    I don't care about the stupid political debates or click-baiting Youtubers but boy, you have to at least concede that starting a long awaited return of a beloved 80s property by sidelining its central character is a controversial move that was surely going to alienate A LOT of fans and generate an unnecessary mess. I don't know what they were thinking. Even if the second part goes as everyone is thinking it will, they already started by losing a lot of good will and that's not good.

  15. #345
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Logic and common sense tell me that the first "death" and closing wounding are were just written to up the stakes and generate excitement. I am almost positive they are not going to kill or sideline He-Man after this prologue is complete. This is why I feel Netflix made the biggest mistake by not releasing the entire season. By season's end, it will be established that He-Man is not only the central figure of this series but that he isn't going anywhere. I also don't believe they've permanently killed off Orko.
    I'll believe that when I see it. I'll sooner believe the focus will shift towards skeletor and things under him have turned to absolute chaos. I believe Adam stabbing will conveniently sideline him until the finale.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •