Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 644
  1. #316
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    No, it's because they're saying too much of Teela because she's a woman..
    Well I was responding to what you wrote. and you wrote "...and things like "Too much Teela, I'm out." aren't legitimate criticism." and nothing in that says that it's too much Teela "because she's a woman".

    Personally I feel that there being "too much" of any character is very legitimate complaint for a person to hold.

    I've finally watched it all now. It was.... ok. Nothing great. One of the main complaints I had was what I also had for the first of the two parts of the new Transformers trilogy cartooon thats been on, and that's they they were trying too hard to make it all serious.

    I enjoyed the 2002 series much more.

    I might watch the second half when it comes around, I might not. Nothing really gripped me to defintiely want too, it'll be one of those things that I might watch to pass the time if I have nothing to do one day when it's available. Whereas at least with the upcoming transformers cartoon I've always liked the Beasts.

  2. #317
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Yes and no. Depends on how you handle that. That would explain why the Queen didnt tell the King about it. Maybe she has her reasons, because she knew how foolish he is sometimes (if he is, or he would have made Adam a weapon, or whatever comes to mind)

    But why leaving Teela out of it? She is Adams best friend, next to Orko and Man at Arms and Cringer.
    What was weird to me is if this is a continuation of the original. All of them are used to massive lies. They all lied about Adora to the whole planet. Yet Randor was LIVID that Man at arms kept another secret about He-man, and execution? A bit much. And his wife guessed it and she probably knows about She-Ra too. Teela telling them all to go to hell basically even her father for all that time until she was forced by the quest to meet up again. To me that could have been fixed with a slight writing tweak she didn't have to be an ass there to Duncan. He got fired for nothing on the day of her promotion she should have had his back and left the court. It was said earlier in the thread this was a simple solution that wouldn't have made her so whiny and bitchy. Even when she met Duncan again he was like begging her.

    Look He-man will be back in the second half but we saw this problem with Jupiter's Legacy this year. Writing like you are guaranteed multiple seasons. I completely disregard any woke complaints thats just dumb. But, the more reasonable complaints about He-Man and Skeletor missing the majority of the first half after decades of nada from this franchise has legitimacy. It's a gamble. What if this series doesnt get more seasons? Its a risky choice to do that right off the bat.

    I mean I will watch the rest of it, and hope there are more seasons and we get more characters.

  3. #318
    The Kid 80sbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    People are reaching with the Teela/Andra thing. They were pretty explicit when they brought up her feelings for Adam//He-Man so if you can't even recall what exactly made you see romance between her and Andra, you're probably seeing things that aren't there.

  4. #319
    Amazing Member Iatet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Best thing Kevin Smith could have done was not engage with the Bad faith actors. Unless he's on James Gunns level.
    James Gunn and AOC are great at countering the BS from the trolls and the Anti-WOKE grifters out there.

  5. #320
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    People are reaching with the Teela/Andra thing. They were pretty explicit when they brought up her feelings for Adam//He-Man so if you can't even recall what exactly made you see romance between her and Andra, you're probably seeing things that aren't there.
    When the show concludes and the non-romance between Teela/Andra is confirmed the show will still be accused of queer-baiting.

  6. #321
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Well I was responding to what you wrote. and you wrote "...and things like "Too much Teela, I'm out." aren't legitimate criticism." and nothing in that says that it's too much Teela "because she's a woman".

    Personally I feel that there being "too much" of any character is very legitimate complaint for a person to hold.

    I've finally watched it all now. It was.... ok. Nothing great. One of the main complaints I had was what I also had for the first of the two parts of the new Transformers trilogy cartooon thats been on, and that's they they were trying too hard to make it all serious.

    I enjoyed the 2002 series much more.

    I might watch the second half when it comes around, I might not. Nothing really gripped me to defintiely want too, it'll be one of those things that I might watch to pass the time if I have nothing to do one day when it's available. Whereas at least with the upcoming transformers cartoon I've always liked the Beasts.
    It was the tone of the posts, it was pretty squarely misogynistic. I'm not even talking dog whistling here, there was a lack of any kind of subtlety concerning Teela's role.

  7. #322
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    What was weird to me is if this is a continuation of the original. All of them are used to massive lies. They all lied about Adora to the whole planet. Yet Randor was LIVID that Man at arms kept another secret about He-man, and execution? A bit much. And his wife guessed it and she probably knows about She-Ra too. Teela telling them all to go to hell basically even her father for all that time until she was forced by the quest to meet up again. To me that could have been fixed with a slight writing tweak she didn't have to be an ass there to Duncan. He got fired for nothing on the day of her promotion she should have had his back and left the court. It was said earlier in the thread this was a simple solution that wouldn't have made her so whiny and bitchy. Even when she met Duncan again he was like begging her.

    Look He-man will be back in the second half but we saw this problem with Jupiter's Legacy this year. Writing like you are guaranteed multiple seasons. I completely disregard any woke complaints thats just dumb. But, the more reasonable complaints about He-Man and Skeletor missing the majority of the first half after decades of nada from this franchise has legitimacy. It's a gamble. What if this series doesnt get more seasons? Its a risky choice to do that right off the bat.

    I mean I will watch the rest of it, and hope there are more seasons and we get more characters.
    I think this was always intended to be one and done after the second half.

  8. #323
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,371

    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    People are reaching with the Teela/Andra thing. They were pretty explicit when they brought up her feelings for Adam//He-Man so if you can't even recall what exactly made you see romance between her and Andra, you're probably seeing things that aren't there.
    Indeed, as I said before people have observed Teela's reaction to the whole Adam/He Man thing is more the reaction of a jilted spouse than anything else. Also, in the OG series it is heavily implied Teela has a major crush on He Man.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #324
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That they were lovers was just the "too woke" complainers grasping at straws.
    How longingly Teela looked at her when they locked eyes made me believe there was more there than simple friendship. Probably as close as they are willing to go if that's the case.

  10. #325

    Default

    is going to be interesting to see which new Masters of the universe series will last longer. Masters universe: Revelation or Dreamwork's upcoming He-Man and the Masters of the Universe full on reboot.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-25-2021 at 05:26 PM.

  11. #326
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How longingly Teela looked at her when they locked eyes made me believe there was more there than simple friendship. Probably as close as they are willing to go if that's the case.
    I thought that was a friendship moment.

  12. #327
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought that was a friendship moment.
    Korra must have messed up as that's how they canonized her relationship with Asami.

  13. #328
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Korra must have messed up as that's how they canonized her relationship with Asami.
    Has Smith confirmed that they're in an actual relationship?

  14. #329
    Astonishing Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    is going to be interesting to see his new Masters of the universe series will last longer. Masters universe: Revelation or Dreamwork's upcoming He-Man and the Masters of the Universe full on reboot.
    Netflix should have just done the smart thing and released all the episodes at the same time, good or bad it would have been better than do a part 1 and part 2.

    Reboot as in a movie or what exactly?

  15. #330
    Niffleheim
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Smith confirmed that they're in an actual relationship?
    at this point ppl would find it hard to believe any confirmation coming from Smith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •